The Dangers of Trans Fats, (partially) Hydrogenated Oils, Trans Fatty Acids health risks
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 7, 2008
Trans fats, also known as (partially) hydrogenated oils or fats, trans fatty acids are artificially produced fats that are very unhealthy.
The health risks and side effects of trans fats include hart disease, obesity, cancer, clogged arteries, high cholesterol, diabetes, birth defects, allergies in children, etc.
Food manufactures use (partially) hydrogenated oils because it increases the shelf life of their products. This means less spoilage, less loss and more profit! In addition, products with trans fat tend to taste quite good. Trans fats are used in thousands of food products such as fast food, chips, baked goods, french fries, etc.
Trans fats are produced through the hydrogenation of vegetable oils such as sunflower and soybean oils. During this chemical process hydrogen molecules are added to the oil molecules and the oil then becomes solid as is the case with margarine.
When consuming natural fats, it takes the body 18 days to metabolize half of it. When consuming trans fats, it takes the body 51 days to metabolize half! This means 50% of trans fats you eat will still be in your body 51 days later! The consumption of trans fats is one of the main causes for the current obesity epidemic.
Food products contain trans fats if they include the following: (partially) hydrogenated oils and/or fats, shortening, margarine.
Butter also contains a small amount of natural trans fat but this is not as harmful as the man-made produced trans fats. However, since butter is an animal-based food it can still cause clogging of the arteries!
Interesterified oils are also unhealthy as they are a mix of hydrogenated oils with liquid unsaturated oils. Please be aware, these are NOT labeled as trans fat!
Some foods now contain modified, fractionated or solidified oils. These are produced by mixing fluid unsaturated vegetable oils with solid saturated fats such as palm oil. These oils are healthier than trans fats as they are made from natural oils.
Consumers have repeatedly been warned about the health effects of saturated fats, especially saturated animal fats. However, trans fats are much worse!
The healthiest oil for frying and cooking is coconut oil as it remains stable at high temperatures because it has the highest content of saturated fat and does not break down into smaller carcinogenic compounds, unlike unsaturated oils such as olive oil. Not all saturated fats are unhealthy!
Tips for lowering your trans fat consumption:
1. Choose liquid vegetable oils or soft tub margarine that contains little or no trans fats.
2. Avoid eating factory baked foods such as cookies, pies, donuts, snack foods, fast foods and other processed foods. Assume that all factory produced foods contain trans fats unless labeled otherwise.
3. When foods with (partially) hydrogenated oils cannot be avoided, choose products that list partially hydrogenated oils near the end of the ingredients list.
4. When eating out, avoid from desserts and deep-fried foods, as many restaurants still use partially hydrogenated oils.
Do your health a big favor and remove trans fats from your diet!
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge."
Hosea 4:6 (KJV)
Playlist 'The Dangers of Trans Fats':
How we are being manipulated:
Do you find it difficult to lose weight and live healthy?
The solution is actually quite simple.
Avoid all artificial sweeteners, flavor enhancers and trans fats as they are the main causes of obesity and disease.
Have your dental amalgam silver fillings removed SAFELY as they cause mercury poisoning.
Do no longer use microwaves as they destroy up to 97% of the nutrients and vitamins in your food!
Read the book 'Fit for Life' by Harvey Diamond. This book will transform your life, in fact you'll never have to get on a diet again for the rest of your life!
Avoid dangerous food additives (E-numbers):
Make a difference!
For all my health videos click below or search for: health4me
health4me side effects risk dangerous
Standard YouTube License
Next in Dangers in our Food
- 1:58 Still drinking coca cola? Watch this!by clayderman18Featured 11,112,016
- 53:35 Enjoy Eating Saturated Fats: They're Good for You. Donald W. Miller, Jr., M.D.by jersnav 120,908 views
- 58:04 Food That Kills - Full Documentaryby DianeDi 775,125 views
- 5:41 Milk The Deadly Poison WATCH THIS!!!by armanddarke 703,396 views
- 6:47 Canola Oil... Will Kill Youby thetruthergirls 22,450 views
- 4:24 What Are Chicken Nuggets Made Of?by TheYoungTurks 7,026,563 views
- 6:25 The Making of Margarineby inthepalmofmyhands 5,008 views
- 10 videos Play all Organic chemistry: Hydrogenation and halogenationby freelanceteach
- 2:59 No Trans Fat Deception in Potato Chipsby mercola 43,928 views
- 1:29:28 Sugar: The Bitter Truthby UCtelevision 3,605,318 views
- 2:16 Canola Oil When Exposed to Open Air (Oxygen)by RoxasFA 11,218 views
- 8:57 MARGARINE IS SATAN SPREADby MrChefMac 21,441 views
- 4:12 Hydrogenated oils/ trans fats - the Alfie Elmlea Challengeby Roz Watkins 3,745 views
- 7:26 Saturated fat vs Unsaturated fatby ZoeHarcombe 11,152 views
- 5:27 Are You Hydrogenated?by TnFitnessLink 1,839 views
- 2:23 Margarine Is Not Naturalby kyle matuszewicz 16,986 views
- 2:21 Fast Food Factsby MrFongEntertainmet 177,485 views
- 2:13 Hydrogenated Oil: Truth and Facts: Trans Fats, Content, Alternativesby allhealthmanagement 5,282 views
- 3:05 Butter Vs. Margarine: You Will Be Surprisedby FatBastardEats 8,021 views
- 4:02 The Truth About Saturated Fatsby TheDietSolution 12,722 views
- 3:03 Understanding Cholesterol (Heart Basics #5)by Healthguru 386,530 views
- Loading more suggestions...