Bitcoin is Gold on Steroids - Bitcoin Beats Gold In Every Important Way
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 15, 2013
When it comes to inflation, transport, trust, counterfeiting, longevity and usability, Bitcoin stacks up pretty good against gold and other precious metals. And with the enormous surge in value over the year, Bitcoin's value is beginning to reflect this.
As the feds struggle with finding Ross Ulbricht's (of Silk Road fame) 600,000 Bitcoins, it becomes clear that Bitcoin might actually be a financial paradise.
This is the 10th ever installment on WBN, the World Bitcoin Network. We hope you'll enjoy our upstart, independent news network, dedicated entirely to the world of bitcoins. If you are a journalist and you are interested in joining the team, or if you have comments, suggestions or critiques, let us know firstname.lastname@example.org. And remember the official WBN launch is coming up : October 1st, 2013.
Thanks, from WBN
We just rented new studio space and added, Douglass, a new editor, so BTC donations definitely appreciated 1javsf8GNsudLaDue3dXkKzjtGM8NagQe
With the Forbes online article this week interviewing Rob McEwen, once again we are given a glimpse at bitcoin's potential to unseat gold.
The billionaire head of McEwen Mining and previous owner of Goldcorp conceeded that "it's a mistake to write off bitcoin as a bubble or fad."
And industry insider Naval Ravikant of AngelList goes further saying that "All the things that gold does, Bitcoin does better."
Leading some to the conclusion that bitcoin is "gold on steriods."
Indeed, Gold, the ancient currency was once prized for how easy it is to recognize and transport and how difficult it is to counterfeit. B
ut in this global economy, the weight of gold is now its greatest burden.
Gold is a nightmare to transport and impossible to send over the internet.
While bitcoin has the very sci-fi aspect of brain storage, bitcoins unlike any other money, can be stored just in your mind.
Clearly helpful if you're crossing government borders.
Further, modern counterfeiters have challenged the most pristine aspect of gold, with many recent forgeries being crafted with Tungsten, an element with nearly the same density as gold.
In a recent case in New York, hundreds of thousand of dollars were lost to complex tungsten-based gold forgeries.
Indeed, as Bitcoin appears entirely exempt from counterfeiting, its wider use could save billions in policing and loses from forgery.
Bitcoin and Gold are often compared in terms of scarcity. Creating true deflationary currencies.
But while new gold can always be pulled from the ground, Bitcoin has a hard limit of 21 million.
And once reached no more will ever be produced.
While its possible to subdivide each bitcoin into millions of units called Satoshi's to maintain its fluidity, even Satoshi's have a fixed and hard limit.
With all this, it appears that gold might be running into the same pitfalls that newspapers and music companies felt when hit by digital online alternatives.
It appears that with crypto-technology, for the first time in history, gold has finally met its match.
When it comes to inflation, transport, trust, counterfeiting, and usability, Bitcoin stacks up pretty good against the precious metal.
So... as gold prices tank in recent months, one can only wonder if bitcoin's surge & cyprus's troubles have anything to do with the fall.
And others have suggested that as bitcoin's price multiplies ever higher...
bringing the masses into the fold, whether we are seeing the beginning of the world's first digital gold rush.
This piece was reshot based on the original version "Bitcoin vs. Gold", 1 week ago. We reshot and edited to fix some errata and include some updates.
Standard YouTube License
- 13:38 Bitcoin 101 - What is Deflation? & Why It's Fundamental to the Rise of Bitcoin's Priceby world bitcoin network Featured 2,226
- 14:36 THEY Are Going To Confiscate YOUR Silver!!!by TruthNeverTold65,864 views
- 16:29 Bitcoin For Beginners - Learn How To Mine Bitcoin ! - Part 1by MrJayBusch350,925 views
- 3:14 How To Get Real Silver From Your Bank By Saying 5 Wordsby Alessio Rastani237,754 views
- 1:50:06 The Impending Collapse of the World Economy (Full Documentary)by MyDogAndAll100,727 views
- 19:12 Kevin O'Leary's 'Cold, Hard, Truth' on Gold Investingby Kevin O'Leary52,787 views
- 16:58 Bitcoin 101 - How To Buy/Get Your First Bitcoinsby world bitcoin network7,376 views
- 30:17 "SILVER IS A TICKING TIME BOMB" -- Jan Skoylesby SGTreport.com54,234 views
- 14:52 TUTORIAL How to Store Bicoins Offline (step by step)by Mikine Jonson2,150 views
- 1:22:02 Virtual Currencies: Gold Rush or Fools' Gold, The Rise of Bitcoin in a Digital Economyby vlabvideos4,756 views
- 51:01 The Truth About Bitcoinby Stefan Molyneux223,676 views
- 41:21 The True Value of Bitcoin: What You Really Need To Knowby Stefan Molyneux66,083 views
- 1:24:33 Max Keiser - Bitcoin, Bernanke & Buffett | London Realby London Real54,242 views
- 17:03 How Bitcoin Will End the Nation State - Jeffrey Tuckerby NextNewsNetwork65,013 views
- 27:50 Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Part 1by BackToConstitution2,625 views
- 3:54 7 DAY$-24/HR$ - BITCOIN MINING EXPERIMENT - See How Much Money I Made :)by MrJayBusch155,548 views
- 8:55 CNN Dinero: El Bitcoin ¿Llegó Para Quedarse? - Abril 11,2013by ResistanceNetworks4,759 views
- 8:09 Power of Nanotechnology Video Blow Your Mindby Prabhjeet Kaptaan5,332,719 views
- 22:25 How Bitcoin Works Under the Hoodby CuriousInventor171,567 views
- 5:45 Can the value of ONE BITCOIN really reach $700 000?by fyrstikken679 views
- Loading more suggestions...