Alison Krauss & John Waite Missing You
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 26, 2009
The official video.
Without realizing it many people are acquainted with John Waite.
Although a first encounter with the name John Waite doesnt immediately ring a bell, a short summary of his
musical achievements commands very soon recognition, admiration and respect.
Especially his unique, pristine and fragile voice throws people into ecstasies. John Waite is: The Babys, the solo hit
Missing You and - of course - Bad English.
Being born in Lancaster - England - on the 4th of Juli 1952, John Waite is above all known for his movingly - delicately sung rock ballads.
Like no other his voice is capable to shape the stilled emotions and chilled romantic relations through singular songs and lovely tuneful scores - the voice of John Waite is one of unmatched quality.
The excellently modest, crystal clear sung, distinct vocals accomplish that pieces of music like: Isnt It Time, Every
Time I Think Of You (with The Babys), Missing You, Time Stood Still and When I See You Smile (with Bad
English) are ever more often being regarded as pinnacles of the rocking chronicles.
Together with The Babys John Waite had big hits, apart from The Netherlands also in Japan, Italy and Germany, but
in particular in the U.S. of America.
Very well known are: Isnt It Time (nr. 4 position in The Netherlands - 1977), Every Time I Think Of You
(nr. 7 position in 1979) and Piece Of The Action - records that were played perpetually by Frits Spits and others.
After The Babys separated in 1981, John Waite had a number one hit record in the U.S. of America with: Missing
You - which was also an M.T.V.-Darling.
In this song John Waite describes the miserable loneliness he felt when living in the U.S.A. after the divorce from his
adolescent love Lynn, who remained in England.
His song Missing You has numerous times been covered by other artists.
Tina Turner, Rod Stewart, Brooks and Dun, Tylor Hilton but also our own Bert Heering (Vandenberg) paid honour to the quality of the song by recording and releasing their version.
In 1989 Bad English made her appearance, comprising John Waite and some old friends from The Babys.
The name: Bad English was derived from a snooker term.
According to critics Bad English was a characteristic Arena rock band - as were more bands in the American late eighties.
The first (self-titled) album of Bad English reached platinum status and with When I See You Smile John Waite had
his second number one hit-single in the U.S. of America.
The bands 2nd album - Backlash - produced two big hits: Straight To Your Heart and: Time Stood Still, despite
the lack of a supportive video-clip as Bad English had already disbanded. The latter song reached our national top ten in 1992, being an ex-Veronica Alarm-disc.
John Waites short-lived collaboration with his Dutch friend Adje van den Berg didnt leave any musical expressions
for generations to come - what a pity that is!
In 2001 John Waite and his former palls from Bad English (now being the super group Journey) were on tour through
the U.S. of America.
There was silent hope that he, together with Jonathan Cain, Neal Schon and Dean Castronova (all former members
of The Babys and Bad English) would ever record together again - certainly now they were hanging around friendly
again with each other.
However, John Waite prefers to proceed his successful career as solo artist.
Anyway, with his new glorious solo album Downtown Journey Of A Heart (Frontiers records) John Waite is back in
the forefront - a position which he, considering his service record, fully deserves.
The new album Downtown Journey Of A Heart (2008) includes a newly sung - breathtaking - performance of The
Babys classic Isnt It Time, a wonderful version of Missing You - sung in duet with Alison Krauss - and a
crystal clear acoustic version of the world-hit When I See You Smile.
Standard YouTube License
- 46 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Alison Krauss & John Waite Missing You
- 2:38 Ellie Goulding - How Long Will I Love Youby EllieGouldingVEVO Featured 4,234,860
- 4:07 When you say nothing at allby BUISI3,282,624 views
- 3:53 The Babys - Everytime I Think Of You (Live Midnight Special 1979) 4vov.aviby Fosterpimp347,456 views
- 5:12 "Lay Down Beside Me" - Alison Krauss with John Waiteby huffman142383,410 views
- 3:53:28 Alison Krauss & Union Station Live Louisville 2002by privateserve56,421 views
- 4:53 Keith Whitley/Allison Krauss-"When You Say Nothing At All"by MAMsMom971,689,443 views
- 4:47 Black Dog Alison Krauss Robert Plantby Ivan Ivanov1,079,740 views
- 29 videos Play all Songs about Missing Someoneby AnakAbiS
- 4:22 Alison Krauss and Vince Gill - Whenever You Come Around - Liveby sephorarubio587,377 views
- 7:01 John Waite - Restless Heart (1985)by ClassicVideos80s42,427 views
- 5:55 Alison Krauss The Boxerby mkbrazil358,365 views
- 4:17 John Waite & Alison Krauss - Missing you 2007 (HD 16:9)by TheWhiteCat6546,568 views
- 5:22 I Wish it Would Rain Down ( with Lyrics ) - Phil Collinsby TrueHeartGuy851,378,142 views
- 4:58 Dolly Parton & Shania Twain & Alison Krauss - Coat of many colorsby Crazy4Dolly3,939,964 views
- 4:29 THE BABYS - Isn't It Time - John Waiteby tomnook111799,075 views
- 3:51 John Waite - Missing You - Acoustic Versionby ancele00796,934 views
- 21:53 Guitar Technique - How To Play Fast Using Legatoby wizardofshred761,293 views
- 4:21 John Waite - Missing You - Subtitulado Inglés & Españolby VideoKas Music Videos193,089 views
- 4:17 Shania Twain & Alison Krauss - Forever And For Alwaysby yfsaduhtyj2,881,141 views
- 4:35 Toto - Africaby TotoVEVO3,299,445 views