WWII RARE Pacific War Footage IN COLOR!-MUST SEE!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 24, 2010
Great video of Pacific War...The Pacific War, also sometimes called the Asia-Pacific War refers broadly to the parts of World War II that took place in the Pacific Ocean, its islands, and in the Far East. The term Pacific War is used to encompass the Pacific Ocean theatre, the South West Pacific theatre, the South-East Asian theatre and the Chinese theatre, also including the 1945 Soviet-Japanese conflict.
It is generally considered that the Pacific War began on 7 December 1941 with the invasion of British Malaya and the attack on Pearl Harbor in the United States' Territory of Hawaii by the Empire of Japan. Some authors consider that the conflict in Asia can be dated as far as 7 July 1937, beginning with the Second Sino-Japanese War between the Empire of Japan and the Republic of China, or possibly 19 September 1931, beginning with the Japanese invasion of Manchuria. However, it is more widely accepted that the Pacific War itself started in early December 1941, with the Sino-Japanese War then becoming part of it as a theater of the greater World War II.
The Pacific War saw the Allied powers against the Empire of Japan, the latter briefly aided by Thailand and to lesser extent by its Axis allies Germany and Italy. The war culminated in the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and other large aerial bombing attacks by the United States Army Air Forces, accompamied by the Soviet invasion of Manchuria on 8 August 1945. These resulting in the surrender of Japan and the end of fighting during World War II on 15 August 1945. The formal and official surrender of Japan occurred aboard the battleship USS Missouri in Tokyo Bay on 2 September 1945.The Axis states which assisted Japan included the authoritarian government of Thailand, which quickly formed a temporary alliance with the Japanese in 1941, since Japanese forces were invading the southern peninsula of Thailand, anyway. Also the Phayap Army sent troops to invade and occupy northeastern Burma. This was former Thai territory that had much earlier been forcibly taken away by the British Army. Also involved were the Japanese puppet states of Manchukuo (consisting of most of Manchuria and part of Inner Mongolia), and the Wang Jingwei (which controlled the coastal regions of China).
The official policy of the U.S. Government is that Thailand was not an ally of the Axis, and that the United States was not at war with Thailand. The policy of the U.S. Government ever since 1945 has been to treat Thailand not as a former enemy, but rather, Thailand had been forced into certain actions by Japanese blackmail, and then Thailand was occupied by Japanese troops. Thailand has been treated by the United States just the same as other Axis-occupied countries such as Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Greece, Korea, Norway, Poland, and The Netherlands.
Japan enlisted many soldiers from its colonies of Korea and Formosa (later known as "Taiwan"). To a small extent, some Vichy French, Indian National Army, and Burmese National Army forces were active in the area of the Pacific War. To an even smaller extent, German and Italian naval forces (mainly armed merchantmen and naval submarines) also operated in the Pacific and Indian Oceans.
The major Allied participants were the United States, the Republic of China, the United Kingdom (including the armed forces of British India, the Fiji Islands, Samoa, etc.), Australia, the Commonwealth of the Philippines, The Netherlands (as the possessor of the Dutch East Indies and the western part of New Guinea), New Zealand, and Canada, all of whom were members of the Pacific War Council. Mexico, Free France and many other countries also took part, especially forces from other British colonies and also Latin America.
The Soviet Union fought two short, undeclared border conflicts with Japan in 1938 and 1939, then remained neutral until August 1945, when it joined the Allies and invaded the territory of Manchukuo, Republic of China, Inner Mongolia, the Japanese protectorate of Korea and Japanese-claimed islands such as Sakhalin coordinated notably between the Red Banner Pacific Fleet and the US Navy's Task Force 38.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "In This World" on
- 5:37 (10/10) Battlefield II Guadalcanal Ep.9 World War IIby HoustonGD Featured 21,647
- 1:28:12 World War II From Spaceby Jay Report338,653 views
- 43:16 WORLD WAR 2 LOST COLOR ARCHIVES: PACIFIC WAR 2 / 3by SUPERIOR HISTORY75,791 views
- 9:43 1945 The Greatest Bombing of Tokio 3 of 4by UnknownWW2InColor538,915 views
- 4:33 RUSSIAN ARMY-GREECE BROTHERSby grekos194066,626 views
- 2:09 ΠΑΤΕΡΑΣ ΝΕΚΤΑΡΙΟΣ ΑΦΗΓΕΙΤΑΙ ΘΑΥΜΑ ΣΤΟ ΑΓΙΟ ΟΡΟΣby grekos194062,376 views
- 7:37 GREEK ARMY-HAF MILITARY HELICOPTERS 2010by grekos194020,180 views
- 11 videos Play all Armed Forces of The Philippinesby pinoyfighter88
- 15:00 WWII Pacific in Color Air Combat Gun Camera Archive Footageby ChampionFx344,084 views
- 7:03 Brutal Combat in Second World War (graphic)by ncris04717,963 views
- 44:32 War In The Pacific [1941-1945] 6/8 - Iwo Jima,Blood On The Sand [19th February-26th March 1945]by VentosDeGuerra18,594 views
- 13:35 Largest Sea Battle In History.by 16cliffcopperfield245,409 views
- 5:13 WW2 Shocking P-47 video,coloured and realby kokangerko2,485,396 views
- 13:26 U.S. B-29 & F6F & F4U Shot Down - Imperial Japanese Air Defence Battle footage 1944~45by kinsei1560105,884 views
- 4:12 RAFALE JET 2010- NOTHING COMES CLOSE!!!by grekos194010,455 views
- 44:58 War In The Pacific [1941-1945] 2/8 - Guadalcanal [7th August 1942]by VentosDeGuerra65,196 views
- 10:01 Pt #1 of 2 F6F Hellcat Marianas Turkey Shoot MATZby John Hope118,926 views
- 44:50 War In The Pacific [1941-1945] 7/8 - Okinawa,The Battle To End Them All [1st April-22nd June 1945]by VentosDeGuerra12,025 views
- 4:08 The Japanese Invasion of Malayaby zxwar209,486 views
- 3:49 GREEK ANTI/AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS 2010 - ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΑ ΑΝΤΙ-ΑΕΡΟΠΟΡΙΚΑ ΣΥΣΤΗΜΑΤΑby grekos1940119,655 views