The Importance of Coal to our Economy - Cap and Trade will Bankrupt Americans
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 24, 2008
Janet Gellici with the American Coal Council reveals the facts about coal as an affordable and clean energy source. She discusses Obama's mention of "bankrupting" the coal industry and "skyrocketing" energy costs under Obama's dangerous and costly "cap and trade" plan. Coal-generated electricity provides over half of our electricity, and if coal were to be abandoned for generation, the US would have to build 250 nuclear power plants to replace it. Solar and wind are not viable replacements at this time for to replace half our electric supply; and as the auto industry develops electric cars, electricity demand will greatly increase, further straining existing power plants. Electric cars are in truth largely coal-powered cars, but this fact is not mentioned by the left. America is energy independent in coal, and destroying the coal industry will make America far more dependent on the oil cartel and terrorist-supporting nations--and result in massive hikes in energy prices to American families.
A second look at coal is particularly warranted in the wake of Japan's nuclear crisis: how will we cover America's energy requirements if every single effective source is ruled out by the Left? America will rely upon clean coal, natural gas, oil, nuclear for decades to come until real alternatives are possible.
The American Coal Council, led by Janet Gellici, is working with the coal industry to develop and improve clean coal technologies that will give Americans clean energy without bankrupting the family budget to just pay for energy needs under reckless cap and trade schemes.
Call your Congressman and Senators on this issue.
This is an edition of Conservative Roundtable, the nationally broadcast conservative television program hosted by Howard Phillips, and produced by The Conservative Caucus and Art Harman.
Please visit our websites:
Click the "subscribe" button at the top-right of this page to receive notices when we add new programs.
Our YouTube channel is http://www.youtube.com/TCCTV - please invite your friends to visit!
Standard YouTube License
- 8:28 Story of Cap & Trade, The Critiqueby HowTheWorldWorks Featured 71,145
- 27:55 Stop the Union Power Grab! -- Stop the "Card Check" Scheme.by TCCTV806 views
- 38:12 The Truth Squad in Copenhagen! - ClimateGate, UN Climate Conference COP15by TCCTV1,959 views
- 27:57 Restore American Manufacturing & Jobs to Rebuild the Economy! (Scrap NAFTA, WTO)by TCCTV3,791 views
- 27:01 Communist Chinese Influence in Central America -Recorded in Panamaby TCCTV4,152 views
- 1:57:29 The Future of Coal Under Carbon Cap and Tradeby HouseResourceOrg2,651 views
- 0:13 Obama Advances Plan to "Bankrupt" Coal Industry With New CO2 Limits.by stopthenewworldorder now.com454 views
- 51:44 Demographic Winterby UCAGIBTV39,313 views
- 28:00 Peak Oil, Peak Coal, and Beyondby peakmoment16,225 views
- 45:08 (HD) Earth Under Water in Next 20 Years - National Geographic Documentaryby Prabhjeet Documentaries1,063,001 views
- 2:53 Así está la cosa: Protocolo de Kiotoby REFORMA18,397 views
- 30:10 PBS's Charlie Rose speaks with President Bill Clinton and Vice President Al Gore - 2013by Clinton Global Initiative3,205 views
- 5:06 Cap and Trade 101by Next10org1,215 views
- 59:35 Renewable Energy and the Economyby StanfordUniversity24,197 views
- 10:46 Climate Realist Marc Morano Debates Bill Nye the Science Guy on Global Warmingby OnlyWaxing220,675 views
- 5:44 How Do They Do It__ Coal Mining Video.flvby Dhiraj Patil116,393 views
- 4:01 Carbon emissions trading in Europe | Made in Germanyby DW (English)914 views
- 6:12 Ezra on Hardballby Ezra Klein3,565 views
- 9:56 Cap And Trade - Carbon Offset - Carbon Footprint - Climate Change - Carbon Scam - Pollution Scamby brainphreak14,517 views
- 1:27:32 Discovery Channel - Global Warming, What You Need To Know, with Tom Brokawby ClimateState561,036 views
- Loading more suggestions...