PORTO AND VILA NOVA DE GAIA - Portugal
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 11, 2006
Slideshow, video and photos
UNESCO World Heritage Site - is a
specific site that has been nominated for the international World Heritage program administered by UNESCO.
Um local denominado património mundial é reconhecido pela UNESCO (Organização das Nações Unidas para a Educação, a Ciência e a Cultura) como de mundial importância para a preservação dos patrimônios históricos e naturais de diversos países.
Porto (also Oporto; Portugal) is a city in northern Portugal and is the second largest city in Portugal, with a 2005 estimated population of 238,465 in the 15 parishes of Porto municipality, 1.6 million in the 14 Greater Metropolitan Area of Porto municipalities, which is an administrative and political entity, and 2.99 million people in the broader agglomeration of Porto Metropolitan Region.
One of Portugal's most internationally famous products, Port wine, was named after the city because it was originally shipped from the area or, more precisely, from Vila Nova de Gaia, a city just across the river which belongs to the same conurbation. The country was also named after the Latin name of this city, Portus Cale (English: Port of Gaia).
Due to its economic output and market size, Greater Porto area is one of the major financial and economic centers of the northwestern quarter of the Iberian Peninsula. Porto's municipality is the core of a large northern Atlantic conurbation, and Porto district is one of the most industrialized districts of Portugal.
The Oporto Cathedral (Portuguese: Sé do Porto), located in the historical centre of the city of Porto, Portugal, is one of the city's oldest monuments and one of the most important Romanesque monuments in Portugal.
The current Cathedral of Porto underwent construction around 1110 under the patronage of Bishop Hugo and was completed in the 13th century, but there is evidence that the city has been a bishopric seat since the Suevi domination in the 5th-6th centuries.
11 February 1387 (Oporto Cathedral)
Philippa of Lancaster:
Philippa of Lancaster, LG (31 March 1360 Leicester Castle -- July 19, 1415 Odivelas) was an English princess, daughter of John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster (a son of Edward III of England and Philippa of Hainault) by his wife and cousin Blanche of Lancaster. Blanche was the daughter of Henry of Grosmont, 1st Duke of Lancaster and Isabel de Beaumont.
Philippa became Queen consort of Portugal by her marriage with king John I, celebrated on 11 February 1387 in the city of Porto. This marriage was the final step in the Anglo-Portuguese alliance, against the France-Castile axis. Philippa is remembered for being a generous and loving queen.
Standard YouTube License
- 42:23 Anthony Bourdain in Lisboa, Portugalby Lisboa Live143,680 views
- 38:25 Sweden vs Portugal (2-3) Full Match - Second Half HDby Footy-Goals.Com74,313 views
- 8:13 Brasil vs Portugal 3-1 All Goals Full Highlights International Friendly 2013by GoalMix187,043 views
- 4:58 De paseo por la ciudad portuguesa de Oporto - Euromaxx urbano | Euromaxxby DW (Español)6,596 views
- 11:54 Beira Rio há muitos anos a trás(Vila Nova De Gaia) Portugalby Alvaro Silva2,482 views
- 4:49 MY TRIP TO OPORTO - PORTUGAL | 2010by jakieskropki24,694 views
- 15:01 imagens do, Porto e Vila Nova de Gaia, ao som da valsa,,,by A. soares1,034 views
- 4:34 Oporto Portugal viaje turistico HD.primera parteby Kali Group6,449 views
- 25:37 Rede Vida Visita a Cidade do Porto em Portugal!by Vida Melhor8,041 views
- 7:17 Viaggio in Portogallo-Porto - (VIDEO)by Alessandro Torselli1,445 views
- 9:56 Porto Portugal - Oporto Portugalby Lana54200123,670 views
- 5:30 Get lost in Portoby luca Cammarata1,289 views
- 14:25 【HD】 Cidade do Porto - Portugalby Jorge Tavares36,082 views
- 8:02 **Corn Silage ** with John Deere 5730...Portugal part 1by AGRIxBOY99,305 views
- 9:27 Train Spotting in Vila Nova de Gaia!!! CP4700 IN ACTION!!!!by templedread13,509 views
- 7:53 oporto ruta de los siete puentes Portoby sanchezadvertaising43,045 views
- 5:48 Porto Portugalby eurodestination292,541 views
- 5:05 Gaiaby Dida Cunha14,611 views
- 4:14 Porto, Portugal Travel Guide - Must-See Attractionsby BookingHunterTV4,288 views
- 13:18 Portugal V.s Sweden 1-0 Goals Highlights 15-11-2013 Portugal 1-0 Suécia mål résumé [2014 FIFA Cup]by ₢ristiano Rońaldo ©157,739 views
- Loading more suggestions...