"What Does the Fed Do?" with James Grant -- Ron Paul Fed Lecture Series, Pt 2/3
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 23, 2012
Rep. Ron Paul sponsored this Congressional lecture on "What Does the Fed Do?", the second lecture in a three part series on the Federal Reserve System for Congressional staff. As a continuing educational tool this lecture was filmed and is provided to the public. The lecture was delivered by James Grant, founder and editor of Grant's Interest Rate Observer and a frequent commentator on financial news networks.
Mr. Grant's lecture summarizes the methods the Federal Reserve uses in its attempt to manage the economy through the conduct of monetary policy, dissecting the euphemistic language behind the Fed's actions and describing in detail the problems with the Fed's endeavor to be an "economic seer." Mr. Grant also bridges the gap between the lectures on the pre-Fed era and the Fed's future by describing the evolution of the Fed over its one hundred year history.
Other lectures in the Fed series:
Pt. 1: Why Was the Fed Created? -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeIlji...
Pt. 3: What is the Fed's Future? -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdX60J...
Related: Ron Paul Money Lecture Series
Pt. 1: "What is Money" -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vowbrq...
Pt. 2: "What is Constitutional Money?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6gMkK...
Pt. 3: "What About Money Causes Economic Crises?" -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npJ0CU...
- 44:16 Ron Paul on Understanding Power: the Federal Reserve, Finance, Money, and the Economyby The Film ArchiveFeatured 52,897
- Ron Paul 1,382 videos118K
- 1:10:31 "What About Money Causes Economic Crises?" with Peter Schiff - Ron Paul Money Lecture Series, Pt 3/3by CongressmanRonPaul 79,894 views
- 1:01:57 "What is Constitutional Money?" with Edwin Vieira -- Ron Paul Money Lecture Series, Pt 2/3by CongressmanRonPaul 29,777 views
- 53:59 "What is Money?" with Joseph T. Salerno -- Ron Paul Money Lecture Series, Pt 1/3by CongressmanRonPaul 40,746 views
- 52:30 "Why Was the Fed Created?" with George Selgin -- Ron Paul Fed Lecture Series, Pt 1/3by CongressmanRonPaul 21,805 views
- 30 videos Play all Austrian Economics & Classical Liberalismby lamdash
- 58:54 FIAT EMPIRE: Why the Federal Reserve Violates the U.S. Constitutionby OriginalIntentDoc 37,445 views
- 13:36 Phil Donahue On Ron Paul "How Many Wars Do You Want To Have In YOUR Lifetime!"by MOXNEWSd0tC0M 59,162 views
- 9:40 COPS Called to Stop Ron Paul From Winning Missouri Caucus - St Charles Countyby AquaBuddhaDeluge 10,890 views
- 59:50 Peter Schiff talks about the meltdownby Haggz51 6,049 views
- 9:12 Ron Paul vs. Ben Bernanke -- 2/29/12by CongressmanRonPaul 54,708 views
- 1:24:34 Max Keiser - Bitcoin, Bernanke & Buffett | London Realby LondonRealTV 10,869 views
- 1:39:20 Ron Paul Hearing on the Fed's Bailout of the Euro -- 3/27/12by CongressmanRonPaul 14,667 views
- 13:49 Libertarian Caller Debates Sam Seder on Libertarian Idealsby SamSeder 10,045 views
- 1:11:55 Ron Paul Hearing on The Fed: Mend It or End It? PART 2 -- 5/8/12by CongressmanRonPaul 9,628 views
- 2:10 Ron Paul Destroys Piers Morgan Live !!by thevalentyne 727,445 views
- 6:02 CNBC: Ron Paul's question makes Ben Bernake's voice quiverby RonPaulvsTyranny 283,045 views
- 5:29 Ron Paul Holds Up Silver Ounce and Tells Bernanke He's Killing the Dollar 2/29/12by RonPaulHemp 39,585 views
- 6:34 RON PAUL Federal Reserve admits we have NO GOLDby TheTruethSeeker 2,587 views
- 40:49 Ron Paul & Mike Maloney: Sound Money, Free Markets & Individual Liberty - GoldSilver.comby whygoldandsilver 309,206 views
- 54:26 Prepare for the Worst | Ron Paulby misesmedia 72,790 views
- Loading more suggestions...