This video is unavailable.
Jill Biden's Speech | 2012 Democratic National Convention | Ora TV
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 6, 2012
Jill Biden discusses Joe Biden's strengths and values in 2012 National Democratic Convention speech.
"What a night! What a crowd! Thank you, Angie - I'm so proud of you and how far you've come. I'm so proud to stand before you tonight not only as the wife of our vice president, but as a full-time teacher and a military mom. I'm here for our son, Beau, and for all of our troops, veterans and military families. Four years ago, Beau stood on this stage to introduce his father, and soon afterward, he deployed to Iraq for a year with the Delaware Army National Guard. Tonight, thanks to the leadership of President Obama and my husband Joe, the war in Iraq is over. I'm also here tonight for my students - students like Angie - who work so hard to create a better life for themselves and their families. I've been a teacher for more than 30 years, and to this day, I continue to teach full time at a community college in northern Virginia. Not long after Joe was elected vice president, people started questioning whether I could keep teaching. Not Joe. He was there, standing by my side, saying, 'Of course you should. It's who you are, Jill.' For me, being a teacher isn't just what I do - it's who I am. These issues are personal to me. And for the more than 37 years I've known Joe, I've seen firsthand just how personal they are to him, too. Joe often tells people that I didn't agree to marry him until the fifth time he asked me. The truth is that I loved him from the start. I saw in him then the same character that I see in him today. I've seen Joe's character in his optimism. For families who have lost a loved one, kids struggling to find their way, workers out of a job, Joe always works to give people a sense of hope. I've also seen Joe's character in his determination. Two decades ago, when Joe started working on the Violence Against Women Act, domestic violence was often treated as a private family matter rather than the crime it is. But Joe knew that he had to bring this issue out into the open. And in the years since that bill passed, I've had women tell me that their sisters or their friends wouldn't be alive today - if it weren't for Joe. Finally, I've seen Joe's character in his heart. When I first met him, Joe had already seen just how fragile life could be. When he was 29 years old, Joe lost his first wife and baby daughter in a tragic car accident while they were out getting their Christmas tree, and the boys were critically injured. Joe's life was shattered. But through his strong Catholic faith and his fierce love for our boys, Joe found the strength to get back up. That's Joe - that optimism, that determination, that big, strong heart that drives him forward every day. It's what he learned as a young boy growing up with two hard-working parents in Scranton, Pennsylvania. It's what makes him such a loving and supportive father of our three children: Beau, Hunter and Ashley. And it's what drives him today as he and President Obama fight to strengthen the middle class they grew up in. For as long as I've known him, Joe has never given up, never failed to see the possibilities and never had any doubt about who he's fighting for. And as long as he has the privilege of serving this nation, I know, from the bottom of my heart, that he will continue to fight for you every day. Thank you. God bless our troops, and God bless our military families."
2012 Election Coverage from Ora TV with Larry King: http://www.youtube.com/oratv & http://ora.tv
WATCH Larry King & special guests LIVE on YouTube & Ora TV: http://bit.ly/PdieGV
SUBSCRIBE to Ora TV's YouTube Channel for Live Election Coverage: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/OraTV and http://twitter.com/OraPolitics
Use #ora2012 to make comments & ask us questions on Twitter!
CHECK OUT Larry's daily show, "Larry King Now," on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/larry-king-now
Comment & ask Larry questions on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KingsThings
Standard YouTube License
- 1:05 Vice President Joe Biden's Wife Puts Foot In Her Mouthby RandomShots174Featured 3,892
- 7:07 Sister Simone Campbell's DNC Speech | 2012 Democratic National Convention | Ora TVby Ora TV 22,673 views
- 5:41 Actress Eva Longoria's DNC Speech | 2012 Democratic National Convention | Ora TVby Ora TV 49,774 views
- 2:40 Joe Biden On Republicans & Medicare | 2012 Democratic National Convention | Ora TVby Ora TV 820 views
- 0:51 President Obama On Tax Cuts | 2012 Democratic National Convention | Ora TVby Ora TV 906 views
- 1:29:45 Joe Biden vs Paul Ryan - Vice Presidential Debate 2012 - FULL VP DEBATEby JamaicanMon 8,116 views
- 5:39 Beau Biden Introducing His Father at the DNCby heathr456 59,248 views
- 5:51 OBAMA KISSING BIDEN'S WIFE ON THE LIPSby balikbaywalk 36,438 views
- 4 videos Play all Domestic Violence Videosby DomesticViolenceFilm
- 3:53 Angie Flores Introduces Jill Biden At The DNC, Charlotte, North Carolina - September 6 2012by Electad 597 views
- 38:59 Vice President Joe Biden Acceptance Speech at 2012 Democratic National Conventionby DNCConvention2012 13,517 views
- 6:13 Beau Biden Addresses the 2012 Democratic National Conventionby DemConvention2012 2,532 views
- 1:10 Joe Biden Laughs At Paul Ryanby Humour4Nun 1,612 views
- 5:10 Dr. Jill Biden DNC Speech COMPLETE: 'Joe Found the Strength'by ABCNews 8,241 views
- 1:26 Obama Girls Underwhelmed at Armed Forces Melody by Marine Band on July 4thby Amy Proctor 18,366 views
- 25:41 Michelle Obama's DNC Speech (HD-Full)by TheDailyConversation 15,334 views
- 46:09 Joe and Jill Biden at the 2012 AFT Conventionby AFTHQ 2,011 views
- 43:35 President Barack Obama's Full DNC Speech - Elections 2012by TheNewYorkTimes 87,038 views
- 38:41 Vice President Joe Biden at the 2012 Democratic National Conventionby DemConvention2012 19,432 views
- 15:42 DNC 2012 - Elizabeth Warren Speech Full - "The System Is Rigged"by WSJDigitalNetwork 8,806 views
- 48:25 Bill Clinton's Full DNC Speech - Elections 2012by TheNewYorkTimes 131,171 views
- Loading more suggestions...