Jill Biden's Speech | 2012 Democratic National Convention | Ora TV
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 6, 2012
Jill Biden discusses Joe Biden's strengths and values in 2012 National Democratic Convention speech.
"What a night! What a crowd! Thank you, Angie - I'm so proud of you and how far you've come. I'm so proud to stand before you tonight not only as the wife of our vice president, but as a full-time teacher and a military mom. I'm here for our son, Beau, and for all of our troops, veterans and military families. Four years ago, Beau stood on this stage to introduce his father, and soon afterward, he deployed to Iraq for a year with the Delaware Army National Guard. Tonight, thanks to the leadership of President Obama and my husband Joe, the war in Iraq is over. I'm also here tonight for my students - students like Angie - who work so hard to create a better life for themselves and their families. I've been a teacher for more than 30 years, and to this day, I continue to teach full time at a community college in northern Virginia. Not long after Joe was elected vice president, people started questioning whether I could keep teaching. Not Joe. He was there, standing by my side, saying, 'Of course you should. It's who you are, Jill.' For me, being a teacher isn't just what I do - it's who I am. These issues are personal to me. And for the more than 37 years I've known Joe, I've seen firsthand just how personal they are to him, too. Joe often tells people that I didn't agree to marry him until the fifth time he asked me. The truth is that I loved him from the start. I saw in him then the same character that I see in him today. I've seen Joe's character in his optimism. For families who have lost a loved one, kids struggling to find their way, workers out of a job, Joe always works to give people a sense of hope. I've also seen Joe's character in his determination. Two decades ago, when Joe started working on the Violence Against Women Act, domestic violence was often treated as a private family matter rather than the crime it is. But Joe knew that he had to bring this issue out into the open. And in the years since that bill passed, I've had women tell me that their sisters or their friends wouldn't be alive today - if it weren't for Joe. Finally, I've seen Joe's character in his heart. When I first met him, Joe had already seen just how fragile life could be. When he was 29 years old, Joe lost his first wife and baby daughter in a tragic car accident while they were out getting their Christmas tree, and the boys were critically injured. Joe's life was shattered. But through his strong Catholic faith and his fierce love for our boys, Joe found the strength to get back up. That's Joe - that optimism, that determination, that big, strong heart that drives him forward every day. It's what he learned as a young boy growing up with two hard-working parents in Scranton, Pennsylvania. It's what makes him such a loving and supportive father of our three children: Beau, Hunter and Ashley. And it's what drives him today as he and President Obama fight to strengthen the middle class they grew up in. For as long as I've known him, Joe has never given up, never failed to see the possibilities and never had any doubt about who he's fighting for. And as long as he has the privilege of serving this nation, I know, from the bottom of my heart, that he will continue to fight for you every day. Thank you. God bless our troops, and God bless our military families."
2012 Election Coverage from Ora TV with Larry King: http://www.youtube.com/oratv & http://ora.tv
WATCH Larry King & special guests LIVE on YouTube & Ora TV: http://bit.ly/PdieGV
SUBSCRIBE to Ora TV's YouTube Channel for Live Election Coverage: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/OraTV and http://twitter.com/OraPolitics
Use #ora2012 to make comments & ask us questions on Twitter!
CHECK OUT Larry's daily show, "Larry King Now," on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/larry-king-now
Comment & ask Larry questions on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KingsThings
Standard YouTube License
- 5:46 Fox News Cries After Joe Biden Clobbers Paul Ryan In Debateby The Young Turks Featured 104,819
- 7:07 Sister Simone Campbell's DNC Speech | 2012 Democratic National Convention | Ora TVby Ora TV23,330 views
- 2:40 Joe Biden On Republicans & Medicare | 2012 Democratic National Convention | Ora TVby Ora TV893 views
- 5:41 Actress Eva Longoria's DNC Speech | 2012 Democratic National Convention | Ora TVby Ora TV51,574 views
- 0:51 President Obama On Tax Cuts | 2012 Democratic National Convention | Ora TVby Ora TV945 views
- 1:32:31 2008 Vice Presidential Debate with Sen. Biden and Gov. Palinby Joe Bunting6,466 views
- 5:51 OBAMA KISSING BIDEN'S WIFE ON THE LIPSby balikbaywalk37,937 views
- 2:36 Jill Biden, we all have fallen in love with herby Russell Mae16,159 views
- 1:31:05 Complete Vice Presidential Debate 2012: Joe Biden vs. Paul Ryan - Oct 11, 2012 - Elections 2012by The New York Times2,861,881 views
- 1:29:45 Joe Biden vs Paul Ryan - Vice Presidential Debate 2012 - FULL VP DEBATEby JamaicanMon8,252 views
- 46:09 Joe and Jill Biden at the 2012 AFT Conventionby AFTHQ2,086 views
- 16:45 Barack And Michelle Obama & Joe And Jill Biden Kick Off 2013 Inaugural Celebrationsby MOXNEWSd0tC0M7,296 views
- 25:41 Michelle Obama's DNC Speech (HD-Full)by The Daily Conversation17,082 views
- 11:58 Newark Mayor Cory Booker Gives Platform Address at DNCby NJTV News7,649 views
- 4:17 Jill Biden - Joe had choice of VP or Sec. Stateby toron19708,137 views
- 3:03 "The Best of Joe Biden's Gaffe's; A Continuing Series..."by EnHaleCentral160,359 views
- 10:37 Vice Presidential Debate 2012: Joe Biden to Romney-Ryan on Economy: 'Just Get Out of the Way'by ABC News202,556 views
- 49:53 Bill Clinton speaks at the 2012 DNC (C-SPAN) - Full Speechby C-SPAN2,161,063 views
- 1:26 Obama Girls Underwhelmed at Armed Forces Melody by Marine Band on July 4thby Amy Proctor18,699 views
- 23:53 Prince Harry Joins Michelle Obama & Jill Biden At The White House Mother's Day Teaby MOXNEWSd0tC0M2,155 views
- Loading more suggestions...