EAGnews.org EXCLUSIVE: Arne Duncan supports schools teaching students how to protest (Part 3)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 25, 2012
Read the story at http://eagnews.org
Speaking at Al Sharpton's recent National Action Network conference in New York City, Duncan was asked about the appropriateness of schools teaching students how to protest, as well as bringing students to political protests.
His thoughts are sadly unsurprising, given his boss' background as a community organizer:
EAGnews.org Producer: I wanted to get your comments on the introduction of non-violent protest training activism in the schools with the children, specifically taking children to protests and advocating for their own change in the educational system.
Arne Duncan: Thank you -- that's a great question. I think whether it's, you know, children in elementary school, middle school, or high school, or college, getting our students engaged in the civic life of our country is hugely important. So getting young people engaged -- protest being a part of it -- but creating clubs, participating in service, giving back -- not just being recipients of service but being the givers of service ... The more our young people are actively engaged, I think the more we're going to have a strong and vibrant democracy. And so, I think, having young people at the earliest ages doing things that are somehow non-traditional, I'm a big supporter of. (emphasis added)
It is disturbing that America's top educator (theoretically) would openly endorse utilizing children for political protests and having schools use valuable time teaching such tactics. It sends a signal to every school in America that it is appropriate and it will not be scrutinized by federal educational leaders.
Produced by Jeremy Segal.
Standard YouTube License
- 19:37 Chris Hedges And Occupy Debate "Black Bloc" Tacticsby Eddie Becker23,724 views
- 12:13 65 Outrageous Lies by President Obamaby EastCountyUndergroun347,581 views
- 5:36 EAGnews.org EXCLUSIVE: Botched Gender Bender Day leads to Social Justice Week (Part 2)by eagfoundation1,574 views
- 10:00 Freedom Watch, August 5th, 2009. Part 1/6by FinancialTraffic567 views
- 6:38 Freedom Watch, August 5th, 2009. Part 6/6by FinancialTraffic2,154 views
- 10:02 Freedom Watch, August 5th, 2009. Part 4/6by FinancialTraffic364 views
- 3:58 Obama's Education Takeoverby encounterbooks42,383 views
- 29:50 10th Amendment: The Ultimate Check and Balance - Sheriff Mack at Nullify Now!by Tenth Amendment Center1,076 views
- 7:48 Obama Ally William McNary at Recall Walker Rally: "Knuckle Up!"by eagfoundation1,401 views
- 8:45 Union: Strongsville community should 'kiss the feet' of striking teachersby eagfoundation10,700 views
- 6:00 Tony Evers gets aggressive in calm EAGnews.org interviewby eagfoundation1,294 views
- 4:31 The Machine: The Truth Behind Teachers Unionsby ReasonTV139,890 views
- 3:43 Unions and Occupy Chicago Protest Scott Walkerby eagfoundation614 views
- 3:25 CTU Channels Anarchist Occupy Movement for Union Protestby eagfoundation739 views
- 1:36 Obama and DNC advisor Hilary Rosen Attacks Ann Romneyby CM625764165,069 views
- 2:25:19 La Educación Prohibida - Película Completa HDby edprohibida8,681,278 views
- 5:25 Chicago Teachers Union forgets the veterans on Veterans Day (NSFW)by eagfoundation11,747 views
- 3:59 Tony Evers grabs EAG producer's mic when asked about radical student groupby eagfoundation1,723 views
- 3:52 Chicago media in denial over teachers union links to socialistsby eagfoundation1,662 views
- 5:44 Walker Recall Crowd Promotes Redistribution of Wealth, Global Taxby eagfoundation1,866 views
- Loading more suggestions...