Tim Pawlenty Is Against Medical Marijuana!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 26, 2011
http://www.mpp.org/ Presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty says he is against medical marijuana while speaking at the CATO Institute in Washington, D.C. on May 25, 2011.
Former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty announced his decision to run for President of the United States. This should have been cause for concern for marijuana reformers and medical marijuana patients, and today that concern was justified.
Gov. Pawlenty has been no friend to marijuana reform in the past. In 2009, he vetoed a bill that would have allowed only terminally ill Minnesotans to use marijuana to ease their pain in their final days. Even though this bill was narrowly tailored to address the concerns of law enforcement, Pawlenty vetoed it regardless, citing... further law enforcement concerns.
This is the same guy who supported a court decision that could have made possession of bong water a felony.
Given this disturbing behavior, and the damage that an anti-marijuana zealot in the White House could do to all the progress we have made in the last few years, we decided to find out if T-Paw still feels the same about the issue.
After speaking today at the Cato Institute in Washington, D.C. on such subjects as limited government, federal interference in health care, and saving taxpayer money, MPP's Bob Capecchi asked the former governor how he could justify vetoing the Minnesota medical marijuana bill, given his stances on these issues.
Pawlenty dodged these obvious inconsistencies completely, and deferred to his standard rhetoric.
"Marijuana? Yeah," Pawlenty said. "Well... I stood with law enforcement on this issue. We just have a respectful difference on this issue."
He also mentioned that law enforcement have pretty serious concerns about medical marijuana. Is one of those concerns losing the ability to waste taxpayer money arresting sick people? This difference of opinion doesn't seem respectful to seriously ill people, let alone to ideological consistency or integrity.
Marijuana reform could become a huge issue during the next presidential election. It is important that we keep putting pressure on candidates to clearly state their position on the issue, and to hold them accountable for that stance in the polls. We need to confront every candidate at every opportunity! Some of us are sure to get chances to question the candidates prior to the election, so let's use them!
Please send any video of candidates answering such questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read more, please visit the MPP blog: http://bit.ly/jZicng
Standard YouTube License
- 45:50 Marijuana Nation - (DOCUMENTARY) FULLby havoctrendFeatured 23,139
- 0:55 27 States by 2014by MPPstaff 16,984 views
- 4:04 World Leaders Call for Ending Drug Warby MPPstaff 18,176 views
- 2:23 Medical Marijuana: Gary & Sherri Burton's Storyby MPPstaff 22,174 views
- 2:40 Grace Slick: White Rabbit & Marijuanaby MPPstaff 37,333 views
- 5:44 Best Marijuana Argument Ever: Given By Superior Court Judge James P. Grayby HorseofPaulRevere 1,020,176 views
- 1:44 RON PAUL: I will legalize hemp and medical Marijuanaby camelotradio 65,556 views
- 2:51 Maine's Second Marijuana Dispensary Opens Upby wmtwtv 7,699 views
- 10:57 NTV investigates in Malawi marijuana farmsby NTVKenya 117,525 views
- 1:51 Massachusetts Court Ruling Limits Police In Small Marijuana Casesby MPPstaff 4,954 views
- 1:00 Medical Marijuana: Lynn Rubenstein Nicholson's Storyby MPPstaff 10,765 views
- 0:59 Hemp removed from noxious weed list IN MINNESOTAby america4hemp 582 views
- 3:23 Medical marijuana - should it be legal or against the law?by Scutter Martin 866 views
- 3:02 John Piper - Should marijuana be legalized?by desiringGod 67,913 views
- 2:42 Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (Grace Slick, Woodstock, aug 17 1969)by StupeurAlice 2,741,927 views
- 9:01 The "Poor Mans" Cannabis Grow - Video #5 - Clones From a Water Bottleby EastCoastChameleon 42,828 views
- 4:29 How Marijuana Worksby NationalGeographic 173,512 views
- 2:34 New Jersey Governor Candidates on medical marijuanaby houroc 826 views
- 7:10 Gary Johnson: "I inhaled!" Presidential not-candidate does the not-Clinton as 2012 nears.by RidleyReport 2,915 views
- 2:39 Noam Chomsky Why Marijuana is Illegal and Tobacco is Legalby Akshay Pahilajani 27,871 views
- Loading more suggestions...