Published on Oct 3, 2013
Go to Part 2 video at http://youtu.be/bLCMJ8Y6IhA
The title for this PowerPoint presentation was based on the remit chosen by the National University of Singapore MBA Study Group a month before they visited my office in Yangon on 24th September 2013. As I am an alumnus of NUS the business school contacted me a month before their visit to Yangon.
I originally wanted to put the presentation on Slideshare -- however when I looked at the presentation 60% of the information are in the speaker's note and if you view the presentation as a slideshow alone it does not really make sense. As many people are now using smart phone and tablet to surf the net I decided to spend a few days to put the PowerPoint presentation as a YouTube video with proper voice over and subtitle so you can view it from any platform without having to read the speaker's note simultaneously.
The video is divided into 2 parts:
Part 1: http://youtu.be/pCvYiQYDHcE
1. Economic history of Myanmar -- how Myanmar ended up where they are, as one of the poorest country in Asia despite its rich natural resources.
2. A simple story of why it is more profitable to invest in Myanmar than in Singapore. Caveat: You need to have strong stomach for risk if you want to invest in an emerging market like Myanmar.
3. As an entrepreneur:
a. Is inefficiency good or bad?
b. Is the continuing US financial sanction good or bad?
Part 2: http://youtu.be/bLCMJ8Y6IhA
4. What are the opportunities by industry in Myanmar?
5. Is your organization suffering from Giganitis?
6. Why emerging markets favour entrepreneurs.
7. Low entry barrier for entrepreneur in Myanmar versus China and India
8. Understand the role of the Central and State government.
9. What is the role of the JV Partner in Myanmar.
10. The importance of training in creating the right culture in you company.
11. How to operate in a cash based society like Myanmar.
12. Should you wait for after the 2015 election before entering the Myanmar market?
You can download the MP4 video and PDF transcript of the presentation at