Doing business in Myanmar Part 1 - What you need to know as an entrepreneur from Singapore
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 3, 2013
Go to Part 2 video at http://youtu.be/bLCMJ8Y6IhA
The title for this PowerPoint presentation was based on the remit chosen by the National University of Singapore MBA Study Group a month before they visited my office in Yangon on 24th September 2013. As I am an alumnus of NUS the business school contacted me a month before their visit to Yangon.
I originally wanted to put the presentation on Slideshare -- however when I looked at the presentation 60% of the information are in the speaker's note and if you view the presentation as a slideshow alone it does not really make sense. As many people are now using smart phone and tablet to surf the net I decided to spend a few days to put the PowerPoint presentation as a YouTube video with proper voice over and subtitle so you can view it from any platform without having to read the speaker's note simultaneously.
The video is divided into 2 parts:
Part 1: http://youtu.be/pCvYiQYDHcE
1. Economic history of Myanmar -- how Myanmar ended up where they are, as one of the poorest country in Asia despite its rich natural resources.
2. A simple story of why it is more profitable to invest in Myanmar than in Singapore. Caveat: You need to have strong stomach for risk if you want to invest in an emerging market like Myanmar.
3. As an entrepreneur:
a. Is inefficiency good or bad?
b. Is the continuing US financial sanction good or bad?
Part 2: http://youtu.be/bLCMJ8Y6IhA
4. What are the opportunities by industry in Myanmar?
5. Is your organization suffering from Giganitis?
6. Why emerging markets favour entrepreneurs.
7. Low entry barrier for entrepreneur in Myanmar versus China and India
8. Understand the role of the Central and State government.
9. What is the role of the JV Partner in Myanmar.
10. The importance of training in creating the right culture in you company.
11. How to operate in a cash based society like Myanmar.
12. Should you wait for after the 2015 election before entering the Myanmar market?
You can download the MP4 video and PDF transcript of the presentation at
Standard YouTube License
- 22:03 Doing business in Myanmar - Part 2 What you need to know as an entrepreneur from Singaporeby Andrew Tan418 views
- 1:05:28 myanmar funny movie-a pyo gyi a khyat-2 Phyo Ngwe Soe, Khine Thin Kyiby chaw su Maung2,279 views
- 17:53 Myanmar Company Incorporation - What you need to knowby Andrew Tan1,560 views
- 1:50:10 HBT 2012 - Myanmar Vs Singaporeby Bentara14,673 views
- 14:17 Myanmar Investment Opportunities - What you need to knowby Andrew Tan2,669 views
- 1:06:42 myanmar funny movie-a pyo gyi a khyat-1 Phyo Ngwe Soe, Khine Thin Kyiby chaw su Maung7,302 views
- 1:59:11 Singapore - Myanmarby TungstenPalmTube66,748 views
- 1:06:42 Myanmar Comedy Movie - A Pyo Gyi A Kyine Pt 1by Shwe HD Tv Movie30,629 views
- 22:56 The Unstoppable Entrepreneur #1by Vladislav Stoitsov105,011 views
- 3:00 Ven. Dr Ashin Indaka from Myanmar charged rm400 per who want to be monk: Pelacur Dalam Akuariumby chong ah636,749 views
- 40:16 Chin National Day 2012 in Singapore Part A-2 in Full HDby Thawng Siangpa8,883 views
- 44:11 Ambition. Discipline. Purpose. The Journey of Being an Entrepreneur with Gurbaksh Chahalby University of California Television (UCTV)28,576 views
- 1:04:41 myanmar movie-1-Aung Ye Lin, Chit Thu Waiby chaw su Maung142,910 views
- 56:20 The Life Of A Young Entrepreneur - Documentaryby DocumentaryTube33,366 views
- 1:36:19 myanmar new full movie myit myat and shwe mu ya tiby JustinJack Aung Naing Ling266,518 views
- 14:58 Burmese Joke 01by Thangjalun Kuki520,288 views
- 1:23:58 Guy Kawasaki: The Top 10 Mistakes of Entrepreneursby UCBerkeleyHaas172,514 views
- 10:38 Is Burma open for business? BBC World News discusses the challengesby jamswiss1,389 views
- 2:45:10 May Khin Kan Yar , Khant Si Thu - Pyay Ti Oo - Kyaw Kyaw Boby TheShweTV285,945 views
- 9:35 Singapore V Myanmar Football SEA Games(1)by langvannavong22,024 views
- Loading more suggestions...