This video is unavailable.
CNBC Anchor Tears Into Dem Leader Who Claims U.S. Has A 'Paying-For Problem,' Not A Spending Problem
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 12, 2013
2/12/13 - House Minority Whip Rep. Stenny Hoyer (D-MD) joined the hosts of CNBC where he was grilled by anchor Michelle Caruso-Cabrera on spending issues ahead of President Barack Obama's State of the Union address. Caruso-Cabrera pressed Hoyer repeatedly to admit that the nation has a spending problem which Hoyer refused to do. "We have a paying-for problem," he finally conceded. "I've heard Democrat after Democrat today tell me how much the president reached out to me during that last speech, and now he's going to do it again tonight," Caruso-Cabrera began incredulously.
"I sat in meetings with the president sitting with Republican leadership in the Senate and the House, and trying to get to a compromise," Hoyer countered. "We didn't get there, but he spent a lot of time in doing so. And any fair analysis would indicate that he was prepared to go to places, particularly on entitlements, that would upset his base."
"Sir, does the country have a spending problem?" Caruso-Cabrera asked.
"Does the country have a -- the country has a paying-for problem," Hoyer replied. "We haven't paid for what we've bought."
"Are we promising too much?" Caruso-Cabrera pressed.
"Absolutely," Hoyer agreed. "If we don't pay, we shouldn't buy."
"How is that different from a spending problem?" She followed up.
"We spent a lot of money when George Bush was President of the United States," Hoyer replied.
"So, that's eight years and now another eight years of a lot of spending, so we're going on 16 years of a lot of spending now," Caruso-Cabrera shot back.
"We need to stop it," Hoyer agreed.
"Any day," Caruso-Cabrera agreed.
Standard YouTube License
- 43:08 CNBC Originals - Coca-Cola - The Real Story Behind The Real Thingby Darmathius 14,019 views
- 39:33 Agenda 360 - 8th June 2013 ( 08-06-2013 ) Full CNBC [ Faisal Raza Abidi ] Exclusiveby KakulTube1 4,255 views
- 42:48 Costco Craze: Inside the Warehouse Giant - CNBC Original Documentaryby DamnR8 16,067 views
- 7:34 Obama Supporters Actually Hate Obama's Policiesby wearechange 682,108 views
- 16:53 Who Wants to Watch This? + Hoyer» We Have a 'Paying for' Problem 1 + CNN Pundits Defend Dorner pt1by yazchat 359 views
- 3:45 Obamanomics: Borrowing to pay debt isn't 'debt'-debtby nakor667 1,340 views
- 6:09 Dem Strategist Flips Out On Bill Cunningham Over IRS On Fox: You're On 'Witch Hunt' Against Obamaby MichaelSavage4Prez 2,045 views
- 36:23 Under Cover 14 june 2013 (14th Jun 2013) Crime/Horror Shows On CNBC News Pakistanby Subscribe For Pakistan Daily Talk Shows Jahaz Tv 128 views
- 3:31 Rick Santelli Explodes At CNBC Panelist, Walks Off Cameraby ThePrincessHira 5,581 views
- 25:46 Keiser Report: Debt Junkie Nation (E405)by RussiaToday 36,410 views
- 32:14 We are Preparing for Massive Civil War, Says DHS Informantby TheLipperTube 2,302,632 views
- 9:24 The REAL Reason The GOP Wants Sequestrationby thomhartmann 1,609 views
- 14:43 Top DHS checkpoint refusalsby millsmost 1,027,808 views
- 1:56:25 The Secret of Oz - Winner, Best Docu of 2010 v.1.09.11by bstill3 500,552 views
- 4:24 The Rise of the AR-15 from CNBC 4-25-2013by richarddbeck 5,302 views
- 3:03 Jim Rogers on CNBC - Get your Money out of the Banks! Reporter agreed.by Sherrie QuestioningAll 29,595 views
- 0:51 Sen. Tom Harkin (D-IA): We Don't Have A Spending Problem, We're Not Brokeby goprapidresponse 14,889 views
- 0:48 RONPAULREPEATER - Pelosi says just pass the bill, read it laterby Jim LiveStone 1,435 views
- 9:32 Agenda 21 For Dummiesby liberalbias100 1,108,801 views
- 7:16 Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) - Obi Wan - Mos Eisley - These are not the droidsby Daniel M. Kobayashi 127,237 views
- Loading more suggestions...