Dr Tan Cheng Bock said nation comes above politics - 22Jul2011
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 22, 2011
Singapore: Presidential hopeful Dr Tan Cheng Bock has stressed his political independence at a media conference held after he submitted forms to run in the Presidential Election.
The former PAP MP reiterated that he had objected to PAP policies such as those on education and foreign talent, when he was a member of parliament.
The medical practitioner who retired from practice recently also told the media that he feels a sense of divide in Singapore, and wants to heal this divide.
He also said that his decision to run for the Presidential Election is to ensure there's no walkover.
Dr Tan turned up at the Elections Department in Prinsep Street just after 1.30pm on Friday to hand in forms for a Certificate of Eligibility to contest the Presidential Elections due by August.
He who arrived with his wife amid a throng of media and well-wishers, is the latest to submit his papers, after former NTUC Income chief Tan Kin Lian and former deputy prime minister Dr Tony Tan.
The other presidential hopeful is former Singapore Democratic Party member Mr Tan Jee Say.
In his blog entry on Friday, Mr Tan Kin Lian said he is glad that Dr Tan Cheng Bock is submitting his application.
He also wished him all the best in getting approval from the Presidential Election Committee.
Mr Tan said he has high regard for Dr Tan and looks forward to a dignified contest with him and other candidates.
He also said with more candidates, the voters will have a wider choice.
He added that the contest will make more citizens aware of the importance of this position and educate more people on the need to make a wise choice.
Standard YouTube License
- 13:48 Dr Tan Cheng Bock Press Conference Part 1 (of 2)by TODAY 1,624 views
- 11:05 Dr Tan Cheng Bock Press Conference Part 2 (of 2)by TODAY 668 views
- 6:34 Dr Tan Cheng Bock's view on the naming of Ng Teng Fong Hospitalby Dr Tan Cheng Bock -2011 EP 18,620 views
- 9:27 Dr Tan Cheng Bock shared about his short stint in SAF National Serviceby drtanchengbock 15,194 views
- 1:19 SM Goh's reply to Tan Kin Lianby wayangparty 31,714 views
- 10:49 Dr Tan Cheng Bock challenges Dr Tony Tanby qalbira 5,791 views
- 5:15 Dr Tan Cheng Bock was against the NMP (Nominated Member of Parliament) Schemeby drtanchengbock 6,241 views
- 1:21 Tan Cheng Bock submitted his COE Application and Press Conference at Bayview Hotel.mp4by Dr Tan Cheng Bock -2011 EP 1,215 views
- 1:15 Dr Tan Cheng Bock or Tony Tan or Tan Kin Lian as President of Singaporeby myguruworld 15,782 views
- 4:53 Tan Jee Say: fundamental issues of conscienceby Tan Jee Say's Video Channel 12,249 views
- 5:30 Education Debate with Dr Goh Keng Swee.mpegby drtanchengbock 14,644 views
- 1:02 Tan Cheng Bock submits application for COEby publichousesg 193 views
- 5:00 Tan Jee Say: An evening with my childhood friendsby TanJeeSay 3,137 views
- 4:28 Dr Tan Cheng Bock Foreign Talents Lee Kuan Yew George Yeo.mpegby Dr Tan Cheng Bock -2011 EP 21,817 views
- 1:51 LKY said S'poreans have to accept the unequal jobs competition from FTs - 22Jul2011by 154thmedia Apr to Dec 2011 10,966 views
- 9:06 Dr Tan Cheng Bock's Presidential Candidate Broadcastby TODAYdigital 19,884 views
- 8:31 Cheapy Shopping Haul (Singapore: Sembawang)by LadyBird (Bernice) 1,763 views
- 4:51 Face to Face 2: Tan Jee Say goes head to head with Tony Tanby theonlinecitizen toc 151,886 views
- 3:20 Tan Kin Lian: 3 Scenarios for Singapore after GEby IZ Reloaded 16,484 views
- 9:48 Presidential Candidate First BroadCast Dr Tan Cheng Bockby myguruworld 3,151 views
- Loading more suggestions...