GDC 2012: The Showdown Effect Announcement Trailer - PARADOXPLAZA
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 2, 2012
The Showdown Effect is a 2.5D multiplayer action game inspired by 80's and 90's action movies where champions from different eras of time fight to the death, for fun, for glory and for awesome. Players will battle for the upper hand through cunning use of different weapons, the game's wide range dynamic environments and even the engine's own dramatic audiovisual effects.
The focus of The Showdown Effect is in recreating the outrageous action found in classic action movies and taking them one step further. Players can pick weaponry from the silver screen's unparallelled arsenal, including shotguns, frying pans, lightsabers, assault rifles, grenades, katanas, gauss guns and anything in between. No explosion is too loud and no bullet dodge is implausible -- The Showdown Effect is all about impaling your friend with nearby broomstick and dropping a "Stick around"-taunt as you jetpack heroically off to the next enemy.
Beneath all of this The Showdown Effect is heavily invested in the fundamentals of platforming, providing controls that are responsive and satisfying when it comes to simply running and jumping. Likewise, as a multiplayer game The Showdown Effect will offer all the progressive rewards and unlocks that players have come to love and to cherish.
•Up to 8 player fast paced cinematic multiplayer action
•Rich, detailed audiovisual feedback
•Context-sensitive movement and combat
•Progress your character and unlock new customization options
•Multiple game modes
•Re-experience the action of your childhood movies across different environments.
•Numerous heroes, dozens of weapons, hundreds of moves - infinite fun.
Standard YouTube License
- 16:36 AJ Presents: Showdown Effectby AngryJoeShow Featured 125,062
- 28:12 The Showdown Effect - Live Stream footage - PARADOXPLAZAby Paradox Interactive23,546 views
- 1:04 GDC 2012: War of the Roses Gameplay Trailer - PARADOXPLAZAby Paradox Interactive405,401 views
- 1:53 GDC 2012: Dungeonland Announcement trailer - PARADOXPLAZAby Paradox Interactive79,513 views
- 1:39 Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars Announcement trailer - PARADOXPLAZAby Paradox Interactive216,406 views
- 59:10 Doom: Post-Mortem (John Romero & Tom Hall at GDC 2011)by BurningFish11,331 views
- 1:25:15 Kojima Productions - GDC 2013 (Full Presentation) [HD]by Aesop's Episodes12,476 views
- 1:56:46 Grassroots Game Conference: Starting Your Own Indie Game Studioby PhiladelphiaGameLab3,682 views
- 34:55 The Secret World - GDC 2012 Presentationby Funcom380,057 views
- 15:03 WWE No Mercy 2003 - The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar - Biker Chain Match - Part 1by Khalid RAFI581,877 views
- 7:05 Planetside 2 - GDC First Gameplay Part 1by FPSGeneral297,445 views
- 3:25 The Showdown Effect OST - 02 Big Showdown in Neo Tokyoby Mar Nit8,484 views
- 7:22 [GDC 2012] Sins of a Dark Age - GameSpot's first lookby SinsofaDarkAge22,380 views
- 4:38 Best Linux Games of 2012by Nixie Pixel182,342 views
- 1:18:53 GDC 2012 - Game Developers Choice Awardsby gamespot16,754 views
- 11:55 Shenmue Conference at GDC 2014 (WHAT!!!!!!) - Adam Koralikby AdamKoralik3,041 views
- 57:00 Game Developers Conference 2013 Bungie's Panel Destiny (Building a Brave New World)by UNSCForums11,523 views
- 9:37 Planetside 2 - GDC First Gameplay Part 3by FPSGeneral132,194 views
- 31:45 Let's Play The Showdown Effect - Part 1 - 2.5D Warfare Is AWESOME!! W/Live Commentaryby HypercoreRipper2,183 views
- 9:22 Movie: The Movieby Jimmy Kimmel Live24,122,634 views
- Loading more suggestions...