Neil Young - Journey Through the Past
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 1, 2010
February 23, 1971 http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.htm... Watch the full show: http://thesixtiesarchive.blogspot.com...
Time Fades Away http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001... is a 1973 live album by Neil Young, consisting of previously unreleased material. Recorded with The Stray Gators on one of the tours supporting 1972's highly successful Harvest, the album has only ever been released on the vinyl format, and has not been reissued due to Young's dissatisfaction with that particular series of concerts. Though Time Fades Away received much critical praise, has been widely pirated, and is highly sought after by fans, there are no current plans to reissue the album.
Journey Through the Past http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000... is a soundtrack album from the film of the same name by Neil Young, released in November of 1972 on Reprise Records, catalogue 6480. It peaked at #45 on the Billboard 200, and since its initial release on vinyl and cassette tape, it has remained out of print. It has never been issued on compact disc, and is one of the rarest items in Young's discography.
Journey features music mainly from four sources: television broadcasts with Buffalo Springfield; live recordings with Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young; rehearsal outtakes from the Harvest sessions with The Stray Gators; and recordings by The Tony and Susan Alamo Christian Foundation Orchestra and Chorus. It functions in part as a retrospective of Young's work, the first of his career.
Side one, tracks one and two are performed by Buffalo Springfield. The medley on track one are studio recordings, including a rare alternate version of "Mr. Soul," mimed to by the group for the television program The Hollywood Palace on January 20, 1967. The second selection derives from the group's appearance in 1967 on The Ed Sullivan Show.
Side one, tracks three and four, and side two, track one, are live recordings by CSNY from an appearance at the Fillmore East in New York City on June 5, 1970.
The Harvest album outtakes on side two, tracks two and four, and side three derive from sessions on September 26 and 27, 1971 at Young's ranch in La Honda, California. Interspersed are conversations with Young, David Crosby, and Stephen Stills from the vocal overdub sessions done later in New York.
Side four, tracks two and three, respectively an excerpt from Messiah by George Frederic Handel and the musical theme composed by Miklós Rózsa for the film King of Kings, are performed by the Tony and Susan Alamo Christian Foundation Orchestra and Chorus, recorded on February 10, 1972.
The album contains only one new song by Young, "Soldier," recorded in a sawmill to the accompaniment of a roaring fire from a sawdust burner. It would later reappear in edited form on Young's Decade compilation. The record closes on side four strangely enough with a track from the 1966 classic album Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys, the instrumental "Let's Go Away for Awhile."
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 37:34 Neil Young - Harvest (1972) Full Albumby AnthonyVardaro2Featured 1,542,218
- 5:03 Neil Young - Heart of Goldby thesixtiesarchive 182,748 views
- 4:00 Neil Young - Old Manby thesixtiesarchive 8,140,959 views
- 5:21 NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE - Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)by Stotinkica's channel 1,870,814 views
- 3:37 Neil Young - Don't Let It Bring You Downby thesixtiesarchive 290,670 views
- 28:58 BBC - Neil Young - In Concert 1971by punkl4d's channel 433,924 views
- 4:14 Neil Young - Hey Hey My Myby Spyros Markoutsas 2,994,867 views
- Neil Young 41,320 videos3K
- 2:33 Neil Young - Tell Me Why (1970)by townshend1969 1,734,882 views
- 5:00 Everything that Glitters is Not Gold - Dan Sealsby Bokcani 600,551 views
- 4:19 Quentin Tarantino talks Spike Lee & Django Unchained 'That Little guy has to buy a ticket!'by BlackTree TV 270,273 views
- 8:05 Neil Young and Bob Dylan - Helpless + Knockin' on Heaven's Door 1975by BarstoolBlues33 1,603,414 views
- 2:16 Neil Young - Dance, Dance, Danceby thesixtiesarchive 39,293 views
- 8:50 NEIL YOUNG - A Day In The Life (2009)by Brastburn 497,698 views
- 35:14 Neil Young - After The Gold Rush (1970) Full Albumby AnthonyVardaro3 318,081 views
- 4:23 CROSBY, STILLS, NASH Woodstock 1971by vtha sangkulh 624,207 views
- 3:47 Paint it Black - Vietnam Warby THEFUZZ5445's channel 10,056,605 views
- 3:32 Amy Winehouse - Will you still love me tomorrowby steenwijkerwoldse 1,467,153 views
- 3:01 Neil Young -The Bridge - Time Fades Away-originalby Florence McCarthy 69,130 views
- 2:08 Neil Young - Love in Mindby thesixtiesarchive 21,063 views
- 10:43 Neil Young on Lettermanby rustvision 751,128 views
- Loading more suggestions...