This video is unavailable.
Missouri Harvest (Official Book Trailer) by Maddie Earnest and Liz Fathman
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 8, 2012
Official trailer for the book Missouri Harvest by Maddie Earnest and Liz Fathman published by Reedy Press and Webster University Press. A guide to over 200 small farms and places where you can buy and eat local all over the state of Missouri. More info at http://missouri-harvest.com
What if you really knew where your food came from? What if you could meet the people who plant the seeds and care for the animals that make it onto your plate?
Now you can.
I'm Maddie Earnest, and I'm Liz Fathman, and this is our book, Missouri Harvest
Did you know that Missouri is second only to Texas in the number of small farms? In this book we introduce you to over 200 farms across the entire state. We'll tell you about what they grow, a little about the history of the farm, and what motivates them to keep going.
You'll meet farmers like Todd Geisert whose family has raised hogs since the 1850's. Just look at them!
Here you will find crop and animal rotation working in harmony, as well as a Farm Stand that still operates on the honor system.
And if you haven't had a chicken egg from a chicken raised outside, then you are in for a treat. Get ready for a bright yolk and flavorful explosion. In Missouri Harvest, you'll learn about egg farmers like Fran Fister right here in Washington and the Stanton Brothers from Centralia who believe it or not raise more than 8000 chickens on the land. Even more surprising, they're barely old enough to drink.
And farming isn't just for rural communities anymore. Missouri's big cities are supporting places like BADSeed farm in Kansas City and Bowood Farms in St. Louis. At Bowood they have an on-site garden, a rooftop herb garden and a restaurant the focuses on locally grown food.
It's time to brag a little Missouri. This state is great for growing—and we don't just mean soybeans. Missouri has all kinds of great products you never knew were grown here, like chestnuts, blueberries, and trout.
Take a peek inside—Eating locally is easier than ever. Missouri Harvest—That's what's for dinner.
Standard YouTube License
- 13:37 Iowa Harvest 2012by Robert HansonFeatured 3,401
- 11:05 Kingbird Farm - Layer Management & Egg Production (2 of 2).movby cornellsmallfarms 127,809 views
- 7:50 Setting Up An Aquaponic Farmby TutorialKingdomTV 72,438 views
- 2:16 Bubbles the Dwarf Zebu Official Trailer (children's book about Saint Louis Zoo animal)by Josh Stevens 2,247 views
- 2:09 Finding Home (Official Book Trailer) by Maruchi Mendezby Josh Stevens 1,244 views
- 7:34 How to grow & harvest water chestnut..by Rob Bob 6,687 views
- 10:37 Growing Vegetables in the Shade - What Can I grow?by growingyourgreens 31,711 views
- 25:14 12 Reasons Why I Grow My Fresh Food - Fruits and Vegetables in my Front Yardby growingyourgreens 14,538 views
- 4:31 Jimenez Family Farmby KCETOnline 408 views
- 4:01 California's Small Farms: Kenter Canyon Farmsby KCETOnline 288 views
- 4:30 Urban Chickensby Garden Time TV 40,628 views
- 3:32 Wieland Farms Fall Harvest 2012by DIESELDAN74 12,462 views
- 4:08 Silver Queen Farm: Meet the Farmerby cornellsmallfarms 3,871 views
- 3:25 Uncertainty Book - Official Video Trailerby Jonathan Fields 39,278 views
- 3:16 Corn Harvest 2009 Missouri River Bottomby skuhler 2,257 views
- 6:48 Raccoglitrice semovente -- Self-propelled harvester FACMAby FacmaSRL 14,603 views
- 11:28 Buy Local - A Look at Community Supported Agricultureby Carey McGleish 1,758 views
- 9:15 Indoor Soil and Plant Feedingby Praxxus55712 16,953 views
- 2:21 SW MO Veggie farmingby jq730d 2,516 views
- 11:12 FACIAL SCRUB FOR DRY SKINby Roots4U45 1,052 views
- Loading more suggestions...