Battery powered plane gets a test flight - Elektra One - D-MELN
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 17, 2011
Battery powered plane gets a test flight, Elektra One. A pilot tests out a prototype battery-powered plane.
"Today we have news of an all-electric airplane the Elektra One.
The Elektra One is a single seater aircraft that weighs just 440lbs and relies entirely on a series of batteries for its power. The news comes from an article at Wired that reports of the plane's recent test flights in Augsburg, Germany.
The airplane is designed to be energy efficient and quiet. Its propeller spins at 1,400 RPM which reduces the noise of the aircraft. PC-Aero say they are aiming to get at least 3 hours flight out of the design which translate to more than 250 miles range.
When purchasing the Elektra One it will include a charging system and hangar for the €100,000 asking price. The company responsible for the aircraft also plan on making solar charging hangars available capable of providing 300 hours of flight time using renewable energy."
- number of seats: 1
- maximum weight: 300 kg
- wingspan: 8,6 m
- wing surface : 6,4 m2
- maximum engine power: 16 KW
- empty weight (without batteries): 100 kg
- max. batteries: 100 kg
- payload: 100 kg
- max. range: over 400 km
- max. endurance: over 3 hours
- modern composite glass-/carbon-structure
- advanced aerodynamic design
- best propeller efficiency (90%)
- light batteries
- highly efficient electric drive
- integration of new certification procedures
Quieter, Greener Flight:
The Elektra One plane by PC-Aero is competing to win NASA's CAFE Green Flight Challenge (there's a 1.6 million dollars prize). The goal is to create an aircraft that can "fly 200 miles in less than two hours using the energy equivalent of less than 1 gallon of gasoline per occupant. Team aircraft include those propelled by gasoline, bio-diesel, hydrogen, and electricity." The Elektra One is 100% powered by electricity, and it recently had a successful maiden flight in Germany.
Standard YouTube License
- 13:57 Electric powered ultralight aircraft, eLazair twin engine battery powered ultralight aircraft.by Light Sport and Ultralight Flyer Featured 34,263
- 5:37 Human-Powered Helicopter: Straight Up Difficultby NPR466,417 views
- 3:25 Flynano - Amazing Electric Planeby TheRobotCity243,665 views
- 1:50 EADS E-Fan electric aircraft demonstratorby TechnologicVehicles124,776 views
- 5:06 The First FLS Microjet Test Flights (BD-5J)by flsmicrojet187,550 views
- 5:10 Fuel-Less Gravity Powered Airplaneby upcycle1,229,257 views
- 9:50 Martin Jetpack Climbs 5000 Feet Above Sea Levelby TheSocialFeedTV656,753 views
- 2:23 Cri Cri - World's Smallest Twin Engine Aircraftby HAFUVideo749,597 views
- 3:57 World's first manned flight with an electric multicopterby forschungsbuero8,589,037 views
- 3:29 Lazair Electric, Amphibious and Soars Dale Kramer angelica14709by Don Kaake218,396 views
- 7:49 Rutan Firebird U/MCAV: U.S. Army CAS-MAS Candidateby dynmicpara168,296 views
- 2:30 Sikorsky Firefly: An Electric Helicopterby AVweb713,051 views
- 2:55 LH-10 Ellipse Airplane: Fast & Fuel Efficientby dsmcompany166,895 views
- 1:14 RC Bugatti Airplane Test Flightby growingupisoptional36,199 views
- 5:13 SD-1 Minisport homebuilt ultralight aircraftby sdplanes2,153,386 views
- 2:42 VIRGIN GALACTIC TEST FLIGHTby intmensorg.com127,094 views
- 4:33 Blaník L-13 TJ s proudovým motoremby RadekS003108,927 views
- 2:38 Dean of Invention- The Puffin - Personal Flying Machineby PlanetGreenTV529,722 views
- 2:19 Cozy Mark IV, 4 seat Canard DIY Airplane, 200 mph 1000mile range. Salinas CA Air show 2008 -12by MultiBrowsers196,739 views
- 2:47 NASA Samarai hybrid-electric VTOL personal-aircraft conceptby theworacle106,050 views
- Loading more suggestions...