Sri Lanka,ශ්රී ලංකා,Ceylon, Kandy : Tuk Tuk ride through City Center
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 29, 2010
Three Wheeler ride through the streets of the Kandy City Center. These little vehicles are used all over the island and perform as inexpensive taxi cabs also known as "Tuk Tuk".
An auto rickshaw or three-wheeler (tuk-tuk, trishaw, auto, rickshaw, autorick, bajaj, rick, tricycle, mototaxi, or baby taxi in popular parlance) is a motor vehicle and a mode of transport for private use and as a vehicle for hire. It is a motorized version of the traditional rickshaw or velotaxi, a small three-wheeled cart operated by a single individual, and is a 3-wheeled cabin cycle. Auto rickshaws can be found in many Asian countries such as Bangladesh, Cambodia, Nepal, India, Laos, the Philippines, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Thailand, as well as in Guatemala, Peru and some African countries such as Ethiopia, Sudan, and in some parts of Egypt.
An auto rickshaw is generally characterized by a sheet-metal body or open frame resting on three wheels, a canvas roof with drop-down sides, a small cabin in the front of the vehicle for the driver (sometimes called an auto-wallah), and seating space for up to three passengers in the rear. They are generally fitted with an air-cooled scooter version of a two-stroke engine, with handlebar controls instead of a steering wheel. Many auto rickshaws follow the original design of the Piaggio Ape C, from 1956, which was originally based on the Vespa. Auto rickshaws are considered light duty vehicles.
About the town of Kandy:
Kandy: (Sinhala: මහ නුවර maha nuvara, pronounced [mahaˈnuʋərə]; Tamil: கண்டி kaṇṭi, pronounced [ˈkaɳɖi]) is the English name for the city of Maha Nuvara (Senkadagalapura) in the centre of Sri Lanka. It was the last capital of the ancient kings' era of Sri Lanka. The city lies in the midst of hills in the Kandy plateau, which crosses an area of tropical plantations, mainly tea. Kandy is one of the most scenic cities in Sri Lanka; it is both an administrative and religious city. It is the capital of the Central Province (which encompasses the districts of Kandy, Matale and Nuwara Eliya) and also of Kandy District. Kandy is the home of The Temple of the Tooth Relic (Sri Dalada Maligawa) one of the most venerable places for the Buddhist community of Sri Lanka and all around the world. It was declared by the UNESCO has a world heritage in 1988. (Wikipedia)
Standard YouTube License
- 7:52 Colombo to Kandy Train Ride, Sri Lanka, 2012by durbanbay 7,118 views
- 1:02:26 GALABODAATTHE CHANASARA SWAMIN WAHANSA 2by MADAWA JAYATHILAKE 6,930 views
- 0:56 Vavuniya City Street View Sri Lankaby Lou Wilson 6,051 views
- 8:11 Street Scenes of Colombo, Sri Lankaby timosha21 90,804 views
- 8:16 Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage, Kandy, Sri Lankaby Canale di 24Sanje1 30,975 views
- 2:45 Kandy City Centreby Dedicated To My Motherland 9,793 views
- 10:30 Our Holidays in Sri Lanka - Kandy & Nuwara Eliya -by Canale di vansespeiris 138,793 views
- 2:31 Red Bull X Fighters at Sri Lanka Colmbo Town Hall Video Present By Sarith Viduranga Rajapakshaby vidulk 174,550 views
- 4:38 Sajith Singing - Ranil Dancingby Manura Dilan 96,362 views
- 1:03 Sri Lanka Travel Guide - The Sacred City of Anuradhapuraby geobeats 6,774 views
- 6:21 UNCONDENSED Tsunami SLOW part 3by loggylog 20,370 views
- 2:33 Kandy, Sri Lanka - Travel Video (HD)by Mark Wiens 9,528 views
- 6:48 Sri Lanka (12/2009) - Kandyby thevideosarehere 3,341 views
- 3:04 Kunuharupaby Veghon 542,216 views
- 1:51 3 Wheel Race - Sri Lankaby SRiMiX | Proud to be a Sri Lankan. 1,051 views
- 8:57 NUWARA ELIYA THE JEWEL OF SRI LANKAby Shihab Media Productions 4,330 views
- 10:42 Colombo Sri Lanka Sunday Morning Dec 2 2012by Lou Wilson 10,973 views
- 5:11 Things To Do in Colombo City, Sri Lanka - Travel Videoby Mark Wiens 184,909 views
- 5:24 1st fimcap Asian Conference in Colombo, Sri Lanka.by Kithudana Pubuduwa 803 views
- 3:55 Sri Lanka (12/2009) - Nuwara Eliyaby thevideosarehere 9,720 views
- Loading more suggestions...