This video is unavailable.
Good Night, And Good Luck (Movie, 2005)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 21, 2010
Directed by George Clooney
Written by George Clooney & Grant Heslow
David Strathairn as Edward R. Murrow, journalist and host of the CBS television program See It Now
George Clooney as Fred Friendly, coproducer with Murrow of See It Now
Robert Downey, Jr. as Joseph Wershba, writer, editor, and correspondent for CBS News
Patricia Clarkson as Shirley Wershba
Frank Langella as William Paley, chief executive of CBS
Jeff Daniels as Sig Mickelson
In September 2005, Clooney explained his interest in the story to an audience at the New York Film Festival: "I thought it was a good time to raise the idea of using fear to stifle political debate." Having majored in journalism in college, Clooney was well-versed in the subject matter. His father, Nick Clooney, was a television journalist for many years, appearing as an anchorman in Cincinnati, Ohio, and Buffalo, New York. The elder Clooney also ran for congress in 2004.
George Clooney was paid $1 each for writing, directing, and acting in Good Night, and Good Luck, which cost $7.5 million to make. Due to an injury he received on the set of Syriana a few months earlier, Clooney couldn't pass the tests to be insured. He then proposed to mortgage his own house in order to make the film. Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban and former eBay president Jeff Skoll invested money in the project as executive producers.
Clooney and producer Grant Heslov decided to use only archival footage of Joseph McCarthy in his depiction. As all of that footage was black-and-white, that determined the color scheme of the film.
A small jazz combo starring jazz singer Dianne Reeves was hired to record the soundtrack to the movie. This combo (Peter Martin, Christoph Luty, Jeff Hamilton and Matt Catingub) was featured in the movie in several scenes; for example, in one scene the newsmen pass a studio where she is recording with the rest of the band. The CD is Dianne Reeves's second featuring jazz standards, and it won the Grammy Award in 2005 for best jazz vocal performance.
One complaint about the movie among test audiences was their belief that the actor playing McCarthy was too over the top, not realizing that the film used actual archive footage of McCarthy himself.
Wikipedia/Good Night, Good Luck
Standard YouTube License
Next in Sophya's Movies & Documentaries
- 1:49:06 فيلم مطب صناعي .. أحمد حلمي - نورby alNaharTVchannelFeatured 197,677
- 15:01 David Letterman George Clooneyby Rustam Rustamov 149,259 views
- 10:05 McCarthyism - part 1/5by Small Home Ideas 14,448 views
- 3:55 The Hollywood Blacklist: 1947-1960by jnussbau 29,753 views
- 1:54 JOSEPH MCCARTHY VS JOSEPH WELCHby footagefile 34,196 views
- 1:36:47 Joseph McCarthy Congressional Hearingsby thomaschi 3,577 views
- 42 videos Play all Fav Movie Clipsby wildhorses79AJ
- 1:53 GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCKby ZUKUPUKU 25,001 views
- 5:47 The McCarthy Witchhuntsby gstuartj 43,950 views
- 3:28 Understanding McCarthyismby instructormarks 28,112 views
- 3:20 Good Night and Good Luck w/ Milo Radulovich - Face to Faceby Brian Costa 15,514 views
- 0:55 Edward R. Murrow's Warning to America: Do not lose touch with your pastby TalkerOne 16,946 views
- 6:41 Olbermann - "Good Night, and Good Luck"by rivercitymud 4,416 views
- 6:27 George Clooney Interview At Ellen Show 1/19/2009- Part 1 (HQ)by EdwinTV3 916,635 views
- 2:00 TOP 15 GEORGE CLOONEY MOVIESby clubdj95 62,132 views
- 10:18 McCarthyism in Ten Minutesby Keith Hughes 7,003 views
- 11:24 Edward R Murrow vs Joe McCarthyby footagefile13 57,644 views
- 4:46 June 1957 Interview with Andy Griffith and wife Barbara by Edward R. Murrowby jerry5040 12,733 views
- 4:51 Good Night, and Good luck interviewby jewlzieke2 7,493 views
- 2:54 End Credits (Guitar + Piano) - The American OSTby Ahmad Elmahdy 20,658 views
- 10:31 McCarthyism in Americaby toqtaqiya 6,257 views
- Loading more suggestions...