This video is unavailable.
TEDxPennQuarter - David Armano - Reinventing Social Media
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 28, 2010
REINVENTING Social Media
As Senior Vice President for Edelman Digital, David applies his expertise in social media, marketing and business strategy across multiple clients such as eBay, BlackBerry, and PepsiCo to name a few. A global resource, Armano also leads the strategic effort behind the Edelman Digital site and has been working in the digital medium since 1997.
David is considered to be a highly influential voice on the subject of social media for business and has over 50,000 combined subscribers to his blog (Logic + Emotion) and Twitter stream. Logic + Emotion has consistently ranked in the top 20 marketing blogs according to the Ad Age Power 150. Prior to Edelman, David was a part of the founding team of Dachis Group where he helped communicate the vision for social business design while doing groundbreaking strategic work for clients including Intuit.
Prior to Dachis Group, David worked in the digital agency space for over 10 years with organizations such as P&G, HP, WW Grainger, Allstate, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Fifth Third Bank. His work on Grainger helped the company earn the reputation of best commerce site according to BtoB magazine and his leadership on HP resulted in a Webaward. David was also a key member of the joint Omnicom "swat team" consisting of TBWA, Critical Mass, and 180 working collaboratively to pitch and win global digital responsibilities for adidas.
As Senior Vice President for Edelman Digital, David applies his expertise in social media, marketing and business strategy across multiple clients such as eBay, BlackBerry, and PepsiCo to name a few. A global resource, Armano also leads the strategic effort behind the Edelman Digital site and and has been working in the digital medium since 1997.
He also writes regular industry perspectives for the Harvard Business Review, and is best known for his distinct brand of visual thinking, which can be found both on the Web and in presentations all over the world. David studied visual communications/computer graphics and graduated cum laude from Pratt Institute, where he was mentored under some of the brightest minds in the industry.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
Standard YouTube License
- 16:37 TEDxPennQuarter - Rohit Bhargava - Reinventing Marketingby TEDxTalks 11,085 views
- 19:22 TEDxPennQuarter - Frank Lantz - Reinventing Gamingby TEDxTalks 31,950 views
- 5:27 Social Media Dystopia - Tom Scott - TEDxSheffield 2010by TEDxTalks 119,566 views
- 22:22 TEDxBandung - Enda Nasution - Social Media Timelineby TEDxTalks 3,435 views
- 19:10 Human Media: Beyond Social Media: Isra García at TEDxFundesemby TEDxTalks 2,478 views
- 9:12 TEDxPennQuarter - Austin Kleon - Reinventing Poetryby TEDxTalks 4,842 views
- 22:14 TEDxDar - Modesta Mahiga - Tanzania as an Economic Powerhouseby TEDxTalks 6,386 views
- 10:07 TEDxPennQuarter - Shevaun Voisin - Reinventing the Selfby TEDxTalks 2,593 views
- 18:17 TEDxNewSt - Peter Sells - Marketing Behaviourby TEDxTalks 2,697 views
- 17:25 TEDxDirigo - Zoe Weil - The World Becomes What You Teachby TEDxTalks 77,366 views
- 17:59 TEDxAustin - Suzanne and David Armistead - 02/20/10by TEDxTalks 1,073 views
- 11:52 TEDxPennQuarter - Jake Glover - Reinventing Physical Educationby TEDxTalks 2,029 views
- 16:05 TEDxPennQuarter - Anne McCrossan - Reinventing the Organizationby TEDxTalks 1,002 views
- 18:02 TEDxPugetSound - Simon Sinek - 9/17/09by TEDxTalks 522,642 views
- 4:34 iPhone Application Developer... and 6th Grader: Thomas Suarez at TEDxManhattanBeachby TEDxTalks 2,168,451 views
- 18:44 TEDxUOregon - Edward Boches - The End of Marketing As We Know Itby TEDxTalks 351 views
- 6:17 TEDxPennQuarter - Kim Scheinberg - Reinventing Angel Investingby TEDxTalks 812 views