Snow Day and Apres-Ski Party at Austria House London - Austrian Tyrol at London Olympics 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 29, 2012
The contest to host the best national hospitality house is hotting up, with Austria House Tirol looking for a podium finish after the immensely successful Snow Day and Après-ski party.
It wasn't long before people turned up in crazy ski wear, still sporting lift passes from the 1980s, just as one of Britain's most famous Olympians joined the party. Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards was full of optimistic cheer, handing out ski jumping tips, posing for pictures and working the crowd. The Stiegl beer flowed as the party atmosphere really started with a mix between traditional music and classic Apres-ski hits. Tirolean legend Paul Heis and his band members from Alpinbanda took to the stage to give lessons on how to yodel and some tips on how to master the art of Schuhplatteln -- the thigh slapping dance we Brits love to emulate! What the Austrian Olympians arriving from the Beach Volleyball against Brazil thought is anyone's guess. Snow was the constant theme of the day and the chairlift feature provided a popular photo booth moment, as did the podium stage for guests to strike a victory pose on.
The Austria House Tirol is free and open to the public daily. Throughout the Olympics the Tirolean Alpine Garden will be open from 10am-10pm, serving food and drinks, with TV viewing screens to watch the Games and catch up with action. The photo chairlift (where you can get a photo taken with the mountainous backdrop), the yodelling telephone box (come and record your best yodel and win a holiday in Austria), and the ski-race podium stage (a Tirolean twist on the Victorian head-through-the-photo-board) will be constant features throughout.
The Apres-ski theme will continue next weekend as Ischgl, one of Tirol's most famous resorts, hosts its own weekend on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th August. Billed as the big reunion weekend, it aims to attract people who have been to Ischgl before and to make an introduction to new friends. There will be prizes to be won as well as entertainment from Tirol-based a cappella group The Nicknames and a silent disco featuring three channels, music from 'Top of the Mountain' stars such as Katy Perry, Elton John, Kylie and The Killers, traditional Tirolean music and a channel for Apres-ski hits. Come down and join the party -- for more information visit the Facebook event page here.
Standard YouTube License
- 59:07 BBC Great Continental Railway Journeys (2of5) Hungary to Austriaby P.-Călin A.2,722 views
- 54:57 Самые красивые уголки планеты. Австрия.by Padavan II35,873 views
- 16:39 Austria, the Tyrolby FKEuropeanTravels14,054 views
- 27:20 ITV Lunchtime News; National Weather - 2000?by powhatan565710,922 views
- 14:50 Volksmusik Tirol (I) - Folk Music Tyrolby worldwuan220,990 views
- 52:29 Madrileños por el Mundo - Viena en Navida (Austriaby telemadrid17,451 views
- 17:42 Vienna, Austriaby Hoosier Tim's Travel Videos119,588 views
- 5:14 Salzburg, Austria: Salzburg and Surroundingsby Rick Steves356,726 views
- 2:13 www.oetztal.at - Perfect vacation in tyrol, austriaby oetztal1at6,116 views
- 7:23 St Anton Apres Ski 2011by Iain Ba-maung842 views
- 11:02 itv the weather gensby clairexx225,533 views
- 5:06 Olympia in London: Tirol lässt's schneien - Paradebeispiel für Tourismus-Werbungby Carsten Hennig472 views
- 3:05 Biggest Snowfall vs Train Snowblower (HD, 1080p)by HuseinMP967,970 views
- 4:38 Austria House Tirol feierlich in London eröffnetby Christian Jost868 views
- 2:10 Austria House Tirol - National Olympic Hospitality House opens for London 2012by Tirol2,235 views
- 6:56 Skiing Mayrhofen Feb '11by ooshaugh13,326 views
- 18:00 Viena, Austria. (spanish)by addohotels11,107 views
- 3:17 London 2012's Holland House for BBC London 94.9by Josephine McDermott2,351 views
- 3:18 Discover Austria - Sankt Anton am Arlberg (in Tyrol) music André Rieu & DJ Ötziby Leen Smit3,257 views
- 2:22 Lake Fernsteinsee-Tyrol,Austria.part 1by Dora M2,778 views
- Loading more suggestions...