How to look like a doll (make up)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 2, 2012
Hello my dolly molly inky pinky cotton candy clouds!
This makeup tutorial explains you how to imitate the look of a bjd short for ball jointed doll, dollfie doll, or asian doll as they are sometimes called.
An Inspiration to create this makeup was a doll itself, that some nice people at Hyper Japan gave me to pose for a photo. Tadaaaaa!
Now, Let's Start!
Use moisturiser to create a base that makes your skin look smooth like porcelain.
Press the moisturiser with lifting strokes into your skin. Be gentle with your skin, the facial skin is the most sensitive, so make sure your hands and face are clean so you don't transfer bacteria into your pores and avoid breakouts.
When the cream is absorbed, apply a second layer. Wait until the second one is absorbed by your skin too, and apply the third and last layer. Applying more than one layer of moisturiser is more effective.
This part is optional, but listen:
Before we start applying any makeup, insert circle lenses. It's wrong inserting them after the makeup is done, as you risk that powder could come in touch with your lens, and you'd end up with a bad eye infection. Or, of course, your eye makeup and mascara would risk getting messed up.
Use a pink or peach toned concealer, 1 shade lighter than your natural skin tone to create an even, and flawless base shade. Apply around the dark area under your eye, eyelids and the infamous T-Zone. Apply the second coat of concealer and blend, blend, blend, and blend. No magic, but only blending is the one key to create an even base.
Get powder in your natural skin tone. Lightly dab the sponge with the powder. Then, dab the sponge to your facial areas. We only dab, as pressing to much powder onto your skin would mess up the doll look. We want the difference between powder colour and concealer colour to be seen, as it creates a natural but doll like skin.
Dolls got mysterious, beautifully deep set eyes, so keep watching too see how you can do that, too!
Choose light pink eyeshadow, and apply colour from eyelid to brow bone. Choose a reddish brown and apply it to your outer eye corner, then blend the two colours.
As mentioned, make up is art, and there's a wide variety of tools for us to use.
Take a lip liner, but use it as an eyeliner.
Line about the half of your lower lash line and blend moving your finger upwards.
Apply mascara, a lot of mascara, to make both your real lashes and lower lashes thick and long.Now get fake lashes. For a dolly look, look for lashes that aren't too long, have a thin lash band,many but thin lashes, and have their ultimate longest lash pair set in the middle.
Use light pink blush. Smile and apply on your cheeks.
Apply blush on your temples, brushing downwards to your kidney.
This time, bronzer is not used to tan us, but to create shadows. Dab a small amount of bronzer on a powder brush and apply to your sides, over the light pink blush to create a warm and soft colour tone.
Dab some bronzer on your finger and apply to the sides of your nose. This will give an illusion of a narrow nose like most dolls usually have.
To create soft looking lips, line your lips with a brown lip liner. Blend the lip liner on your lips.
Stroke cherry red lip liner on your lips, then blend the 2 colours together. Dab red or pink lip gloss on your lips, then press them together. Now you have simply dreamy lips in soft colours!
Look! We're done!
I hope that you too will enjoy trying out this doll makeup!
See you in my next video!
Music by Kevin MacLeod: Cattails
A thank you to Sebestian1 and ~飛飛~ on flickr for letting me use those beautiful dollfie picture! ♥
☆★☆ Read my Blog! ☆★☆
☆★☆ Become a friend on my Facebook fanpage! ☆★☆
☆★☆ Follow me on Twitter ☆★☆
☆★☆ Check my out my very own Website! : ) ☆★☆
☆★☆ I'm on Tumblr! ☆★☆
Standard YouTube License
- 6:23 How Japanese Girls Do Their Makeupby VenusAngelic Featured 414,034
- 4:00 Venus Palermo Doll Make Up Interview Daybreak 04/April/2012by VenusAngelic1,812,633 views
- 8:07 Perfect School Stylingby VenusAngelic1,033,827 views
- 3:17 Sailor Moon Hairstyleby VenusAngelic1,003,134 views
- 2:36 PERFECT SKIN IN MINUTES!by VenusAngelic2,123,426 views
- 1:59:59 barbie a fairy secret 2011 full movieby mamba blak1,167,174 views
- 1:39:50 Saige Paints The Sky ♥ Full movieby Elegant Rose684,521 views
- 7:33 Lady Gaga Bad Romance Lookby Michelle Phan42,666,682 views
- 2:36 Real-Life Barbie Doll: Model Transforms into Doll-Like Imageby ABC News4,212,206 views
- 7:12 Emily (Corpse Bride) Halloween Make-up Look 1by dope211113,455,525 views
- 1:41:32 Barbie Life In The Dreamhouse Seasons 1 - 3by Sherin Philips4,441,769 views
- 5:17 Ugly Girl TRANSFORMED into a Hot Girl ( Taylor Swift )by PhotoshopSurgeon6,402,930 views
- 9:54 Are your lips TOO BIG!? (+ Lipstick Tutorial)by Jaleesa Jaikaran673,543 views
- 3:00 ANIME girl Make-up Transformation ^.^by dope21112,972,244 views
- 6:22 Leopard Eyes: HD Makeup Tutorialby Jordan Liberty13,009,954 views
- 6:08 MY Quick & Easy Everyday Makeupby dearestabbie21,956,746 views
- 10:07 Anime Eyes with MACby itsthefa16,165,924 views
- 12:26 UNZIPPED ZIPPER FACE MAKEUPby cristalprostyler19,987,757 views
- 10:56 Acne Foundation Routine Flawless Skin (Full Coverage Tutorial) Cystic & Scaring Diamondsandheels14by Cassandra Bankson, DiamondsAndHeels1421,065,296 views
- 9:59 Taiwanese Girls and Makeup (Before and After)by amrevolutions4,537,386 views
- Loading more suggestions...