This video is unavailable.
Learning English - Lesson One (Introduction)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 18, 2008
Hi everybody this is Misterduncan in England.
How are you today?
Are you okay?...I hope so.
Are you happy?...I hope so.
Welcome to the very first episode of my series of English teaching videos Before I begin we will take a look at some of the common questions that often arise when talking about learning the English language. and more importantly, learning it as a second language.
So, the first question must be... "Why do we need to learn English?"
Of course one of the reasons why we need to be able to speak English nowadays
is because the world is becoming smaller. Thanks to the internet and our developing global economy,more and more people are using English as a common way to communicate with each other. So now it has become unavoidable that companies and large businesses will need to employ people.who can speak more than their own native language, that is where English comes in.
It is now officially considered as an international language.
Of course learning anything is difficult and English is no exception. However, there are ways to make the situation easier. I have come up with my own list of general rules
for learning English Do you want to hear them?
Do you want to know what they are?
Learning English takes time and patience.
It cannot be rushed
Try to relax and take it easy
The most important thing you need at the beginning
is a good vocabulary
Without words, you have nothing to work with
You must start with a strong foundation or base.
and slowly build on it, day by day!
You must view English as a part of your body...
just as you would an arm or leg
It must become a part of your everyday life.
Daily practise is very important.
Do not worry about making mistakes...
in fact the more mistakes you make...
The more you will learn from them
just like learning to ride a bike
sometimes you fall off.
So what do you do?
You get back on and try again.
Do not look at English as just another subject
Your attitude to English and the way you view it will decide how well you progress.
just as we say in English "No pain...no gain" The two most important words to remember
when learning English are...practise and confidence. Practise English everyday and be confident. You will find that the more you use English...the better your English will become.
and the more confident you become...then the more you will want to use it.
Make it a rule to tell yourself...I can do it...I can do it...I can do it !
Please remember, my lessons are aimed at everyone, so hopefully you will find something useful in each one. Maybe you will find some of the words I use very easy. But you will also see some words that may be new to you. Remember...my lessons are aimed at everyone.
Even teachers are very welcome to join in.
Learning English should be a fun experience and I hope with the help of my videos lessons
you will discover just how much fun it can be. I hope you've enjoyed my first lesson.
This is Misterduncan in England saying Thanks for watching and bye-bye for now.
Standard YouTube License
Next in 'Learning English with Misterduncan'
- 15:39 Learning English - Lesson Seven - (Health & Exercise)by Speak English With Misterduncan 1,055,794 views
- 33:01 Learning English-Lesson Forty Nine (Food)by Speak English With Misterduncan 356,848 views
- 15:55 Learning English - Lesson Sixty Three - ( Ironbridge )by Speak English With Misterduncan 99,910 views
- Anglo-Link 41 videos138K
- 11:56 Spelling & Pronunciation - Words with Silent Lettersby EnglishLessons4U 487,447 views
- 12:26 English Pronunciation - 4 Common Mistakesby EnglishLessons4U 1,057,301 views
- 3:47 English Conversation 1 01by gngdoan 3,066,958 views
- 8:23 Learning English At The Airportby Thong nhat nguyen 304,835 views
- 4:29 Conversation Skills in English - Hesitation devices - uh... um...by EnglishLessons4U 377,719 views
- 9:33 10 Common Expressions in Englishby ValenESL 3,420,326 views
- 15:20 Learn English - How to Listen and Understandby JamesESL 1,171,015 views
- 4:35 English Communication Skill part 1-1by khmerkrom007 808,633 views
- 20:15 Learn English Listening Skillsby Anglo-Link 4,771,348 views
- 55 videos Play all All available podEnglish lessonsby podEnglish
- 7:06 Speak English Fluently Rule 1by A.J. Hoge 886,743 views
- 5:36 Learn English 16 - Foodby podEnglish 879,959 views
- 21:32 LEARNING ENGLISH - Lesson Seventy Six - Silenceby Speak English With Misterduncan 53,492 views
- 4:48 English Speaking - Basic English Training Module Chapter 01by learnexmumbai 3,646,124 views
- 25:00 Learning English-Lesson Sixty Five - The Peak Districtby Speak English With Misterduncan 114,907 views
- 7:38 Learning English-Lesson Five (Good/Bad)by Speak English With Misterduncan 1,317,888 views
- 9:59 Learning English -- Lesson Fifteen (SLANG)by Speak English With Misterduncan 693,526 views