Learning English - Lesson One (Introduction)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 18, 2008
Hi everybody this is Misterduncan in England.
How are you today?
Are you okay?...I hope so.
Are you happy?...I hope so.
Welcome to the very first episode of my series of English teaching videos Before I begin we will take a look at some of the common questions that often arise when talking about learning the English language. and more importantly, learning it as a second language.
So, the first question must be... "Why do we need to learn English?"
Of course one of the reasons why we need to be able to speak English nowadays
is because the world is becoming smaller. Thanks to the internet and our developing global economy,more and more people are using English as a common way to communicate with each other. So now it has become unavoidable that companies and large businesses will need to employ people.who can speak more than their own native language, that is where English comes in.
It is now officially considered as an international language.
Of course learning anything is difficult and English is no exception. However, there are ways to make the situation easier. I have come up with my own list of general rules
for learning English Do you want to hear them?
Do you want to know what they are?
Learning English takes time and patience.
It cannot be rushed
Try to relax and take it easy
The most important thing you need at the beginning
is a good vocabulary
Without words, you have nothing to work with
You must start with a strong foundation or base.
and slowly build on it, day by day!
You must view English as a part of your body...
just as you would an arm or leg
It must become a part of your everyday life.
Daily practise is very important.
Do not worry about making mistakes...
in fact the more mistakes you make...
The more you will learn from them
just like learning to ride a bike
sometimes you fall off.
So what do you do?
You get back on and try again.
Do not look at English as just another subject
Your attitude to English and the way you view it will decide how well you progress.
just as we say in English "No pain...no gain" The two most important words to remember
when learning English are...practise and confidence. Practise English everyday and be confident. You will find that the more you use English...the better your English will become.
and the more confident you become...then the more you will want to use it.
Make it a rule to tell yourself...I can do it...I can do it...I can do it !
Please remember, my lessons are aimed at everyone, so hopefully you will find something useful in each one. Maybe you will find some of the words I use very easy. But you will also see some words that may be new to you. Remember...my lessons are aimed at everyone.
Even teachers are very welcome to join in.
Learning English should be a fun experience and I hope with the help of my videos lessons
you will discover just how much fun it can be. I hope you've enjoyed my first lesson.
This is Misterduncan in England saying Thanks for watching and bye-bye for now.
Standard YouTube License
Next in 'Learning English with Misterduncan'
- 14:38 The best English 3 . Study English.by SERLYMAR Featured 8,460
- 16:51 Learning English-Lesson Eight-(Stress & Worry)by Speak English With Misterduncan656,134 views
- 7:32 Learning English-Lesson Three (Please & Thank You)by Speak English With Misterduncan2,662,992 views
- 80 videos Play all 'Learning English with Misterduncan'by duncaninchina
- 1:00:56 English For You | Elementary Level | Lesson1: Welcomeby Eng.Osama Abu Saleh198,924 views
- 55:46 Tiếng Anh giao tiếp thường dùng 1by nokia88e11,222,632 views
- Anglo-Link 47 videos240K
- 44:48 LA MEDICINA EN EL ANTIGUO EGIPTOby EGIPTOAROMA HISTORIA ANTIGUA141,259 views
- 22:44 English Breakfast - Adam Bradshaw 8Apr12by LadyBimbettes168,838 views
- 24:06 Learning English - Lesson Fifty Two (British & American English)by Speak English With Misterduncan366,356 views
- 15:01 Learning English - Lesson Six - Happy & Sadby Speak English With Misterduncan335,201 views
- 20:18 Learning English-Lesson Fifty Five ( L O V E )by Speak English With Misterduncan285,462 views
- 7:24 Learning English -- Lesson Sixteen ( Technology )by Speak English With Misterduncan434,068 views
- 15:45 Learning English - Lesson Fifty Three (The Office)by Speak English With Misterduncan252,976 views
- 12:26 English Pronunciation - 4 Common Mistakesby EnglishLessons4U1,264,393 views
- 20:15 Learn English Listening Skillsby Anglo-Link5,881,626 views
- 7:00 Learning English-Lesson Twenty One (Compliments)by Speak English With Misterduncan372,286 views
- 8:53 شرح العمرة فيديو how to do Umrahby Abraj Asama481,866 views
- 7:40 How to Learn English with the Newsby RebeccaESL480,167 views