Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 26, 2011
Planned Parenthood facilities nationwide are in jeopardy.
I'll tell you why.
Last week, despite Governor Bev Perdue's awesome move to veto the state budget, North Carolina went the way of Indiana and Kansas and rounded out the trio of states to defund Planned Parenthood.
But hold your horses cowboys and girls, this trio is about to become a quartet, and not the kind with strings.
Thanks to Republican Governor Scott Walker, Wisconsin is perched to sign a bill that would slash a million dollars from PP yearly funding, which could lead to the closing of nine clinics throughout the state.
This is not surprising, considering the fact that Walker was endorsed by a group called Pro-Life Wisconsin....who thinks birth control is a form of abortion and that teenagers shouldn't know anything about S-E-X.
Or they at least shouldn't be taught formally.....you know, with accurate information.
Better to let them learn from one another, swapping bits of half-truths and myths about 'doing it'.
They'll figure it out.
So Wisconsin has jumped on the bandwagon:
This is NOT a good thing.
This is a bad, BAD thing.
What does this mean?
It means that thousands and thousands of low-income and uninsured women, men, and children will lose (or have to wait a ridiculously long time for) access to the health care services that PP provides.
Do you KNOW how much it costs to go to the doctor?!?
I thank my lucky HMO stars that I have health insurance every time I get an "explanation of benefits" paper in the mail.
It costs like a bajillion dollars just to get a check-up.
Okay, not a bajillion, but SOME quantity of dollars that I couldn't afford otherwise, nor could the average PP patient.
These provisions to pull the funds from PP came from anti-abortion lawmakers:
folks who don't want to give money to an organization that provides abortions.
Fine. I understand this, but let's be clear.
NONE of that money is used to fund abortion services.
You know how I know that?
Because for the past 35 years, the Hyde Amendment has prohibited federal funds from being used to provide abortions!! !
Which, by the way, do you realize that abortions only constitute a teeny, tiny percentage of the services that PP provides?
Less than 3% to be exact.
That means that NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT of these services are NOT abortions.
They're things like: Birth Control and emergency contraception, STD testing and treatment, Cancer screenings, Pregnancy tests, Prenatal care and all manner of other important things that people need to maintain their health, reproductive and otherwise.
This is what I don't get. Join me, if you would be so kind, on an exercise in logic.
You don't want people to have abortions.
So you withhold money from an organization that provides abortions, EVEN THOUGH this organization provides WAY MORE birth control than abortions.
So you're effectively limiting access to birth control, which in theory would lead to more unwanted pregnancies.
Which, also in theory, would increase the number of abortions!!!!
Way to think outside the box, guys.
In the case of Wisconsin, cuts to Planned Parenthood funding are being portrayed, in part, as a cost saving measure. But again....and I don't mean to go buckwild with the logical thinking here.....but Planned Parenthood prevented over 11,000 pregnancies in 2008, which saved the state over 139 MILLION DOLLARS that WOULD HAVE been spent on medical coverage for these would-be moms babies.
Planned Parenthood is a valuable resource. Full disclosure, I've gone to Planned Parenthood when I needed some Plan B and I'm sure glad they were there to provide it.
Because otherwise, I would have had a Plan B alright.
Plan B as in BABY!
Sadly, folks in any of these four states might not be so lucky.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:52 Gay Marriage Is Legalized...Why Are You Angry?by ReviewTechUSA Featured 2,816
- 2:10:44 THE BLACK HOLOCAUSTby prince amir6,410 views
- 1:24:00 Abby Johnson - Planned Parenthood Exposedby Miles Cole11,352 views
- 30:02 VERY REVEALING Margaret Sanger Interview MUST SEE ! PLANNED PARENTHOODby ChloeXlover25,277 views
- 1:15:43 Abby Johnson, Unscripted at Notre Dameby ndprolife1,571 views
- 16:42 Abby Johnson Exposes The Lie of Planned Parenthoodby whatthingssoever15,775 views
- 1:00:26 Pastor Clenard Childress: The Negro Projectby THElNFOWARRlOR14,391 views
- 10:01 The Horror of A Live Abortion Procedure 2of3by SoldierForLordJesusChrist.com847,652 views
- 7:53 Planned Parenthood Abby Johnson: I saw the baby fighting for its life!by drumdevilbd29,616 views
- 10:28 Sabes Cual es La Cruda RealiDaD Del aBorto En Españolby Aldo Acuna250,154 views
- 6:46 Typical abortion procedureby TheHerald Pe290,042 views
- 6:20 THE MOTHER OF BLACK GENOCIDE..MARGARET SANGER..FOUNDER OF PLANNED PARENTHOODby WestPhillyGurl8,483 views
- 14:35 Criança Agoniza em Abortoby eduamf651,124,682 views
- Planned Parenthood Health 154 videos4K
- 55:07 World Over - Unplanned - Raymond Arroyo w Abby Johnson and Fr. Willy Raymond, CSC - 02-24-2011by EWTN5,981 views
- 5:43 Abby Johnson Speaks About Defunding Planned Parenthoodby icimblind13,439 views
- 32:40 Planned Parenthood Exposedby corbettreport17,978 views
- 10:01 Margaret Sanger: Eugenicist (1/3)by nonaC barC60,657 views
- 10:16 Abortby Hadar Ageyev948,237 views
- 3:31 Feministing.com is an echo chamber...by factory25904,426 views