Video statement from Dr. Graham Spanier lawyer (November 1, 2012)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Nov 1, 2012
Statement on behalf of Dr. Graham Spanier, November 1, 2012, by Timothy K. Lewis, Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis. Video provided to CBS 21 News by Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis.
"Today's Presentment is the latest desperate act by Governor Tom Corbett to cover up and divert attention away from the fact that he failed to warn the Penn State community about the suspicions surrounding Jerry Sandusky, and instead knowingly allowed a child predator to roam free in Pennsylvania. Its timing speaks volumes. These charges are the work of a vindictive and politically motivated Governor working through an un-elected attorney general, Linda Kelly, whom he appointed to do his bidding and who will be a lame duck five days from now.
There is no factual basis to support these charges, which may explain why the Attorney General and her staff have steadfastly refused -- for a full year -- to meet with Dr. Spanier or his lawyers to discuss this matter despite repeated attempts to do so, or to accept Dr. Spanier's offer to appear before the grand jury again to clarify any misconceptions.
From late 2008 through November of 2011, as Pennsylvania's Attorney General, Tom Corbett clearly knew about the allegations against Jerry Sandusky and yet failed to act. And this failure allowed Sandusky to continue to harm children for nearly three years after he could have and should have been warned, stopped or indicted. The Governor's legally indefensible explanations, repeated by Attorney General Kelly at her news conference today -- that he couldn't expose Sandusky for fear of compromising an ongoing grand jury investigation or that he needed more evidence -- are patently absurd.
And so, on the one hand, Corbett had access to detailed allegations about Sandusky's child abuse and, as the chief law enforcement officer for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, allowed it to continue. On the other, Dr. Spanier was not privy to any details about a 1998 investigation that actually exonerated Sandusky and then, in 2001, was told only about an incident characterized as "horseplay".
Governor Corbett has made no secret of his personal hostility toward Dr. Spanier, as many witnesses will attest. He is now manipulating public officials and resources to settle a personal score.
Linda Kelly's willingness to continue this farce, on behalf of the politically motivated Governor who appointed her, apparently knows no bounds. She has already been put on notice by both candidates for Attorney General, one of whom will replace her, that they intend to review her investigation thoroughly. For her to deny, as she did a few minutes ago, that politics played no role in these charges being made five days before an election, is patently false.
Graham Spanier has committed no crime and looks forward to the opportunity to clear his good name and well-earned national reputation for integrity. This Presentment is a politically motivated frame-up of an innocent man. And if these charges ever come to trial, we will prove it.
The people of this Commonwealth, and the next Attorney General, should be outraged by this blatantly political, transparently vindictive, last-minute act of cowardice and desperation."
Standard YouTube License
- 15:43 First Score Friday - November 2by CBS21AP401 views
- 14:22 LIVE & Complete: Linda Kelly, Pennsylvania Attorney General, Response to Sandusky GUILTY Verdictby PM P648 views
- 10:18 Why Is 9/11 Such A Taboo Subject? We Have To Ask Questions About 9/11!by MOXNEWSd0tC0M6,217 views
- 8:21 Dr. Douglas Graham on Candida Part 1by FoodnSport3,073 views
- 7:41 Dr. Douglas Graham's Tips for Pregnancy and Parentingby midwifepriscilla634 views
- 8:51 80 10 10 - 8 days after fast 28 day water fastby Greenjuiceman593 views
- 3:12 Lawyer Knocked Out by Clientby southsidetokyo1,349,924 views
- 11:57 Craig Carton rips into Penn St. journalism student (Audio)by TheSportsYahoo11,546 views
- 2:45 Attorney Mark Hatfield Post Eligibility Hearing Public Statement - 1-26-2012by Article2SuperPAC5,097 views
- 6:49 Graham Spanier Says He Was Victim of Child Abuseby ABC News1,802 views
- 4:00 Hitler Reacts to Penn State Scandalby thebeastman33113,378 views
- 7:57 An Apology To All 80-10-10ers, Doug Graham and Durianriderby Ka Sundance8,008 views
- 2:33 Former PSU president speaks outby CNN535 views
- 1:20 This lawyer is the best! Flip the birdby nuttcrushernigel525,992 views
- 5:03 Penn State Berks 50th Anniversary - Graham Spanierby BerksCLT308 views
- 1:14 Graham Spanier Statementby bigtennetwork698 views
- 3:11 Penn State Athletic Director, Senior VP Arrestedby WTAE-TV Pittsburgh4,589 views
- 2:43 GRAHAM SPANIER CHARGEDby wgaltv110 views
- 4:31 Former Penn State President Graham Spanier chargedby timesleadervideo237 views
- 1:21 Atlanta Injury Attorney Greg Stokes - Winning Opening Statements in Courtby Greg Stokes1,153 views
- Loading more suggestions...