How To: Avoid Ladders When Knitting With Double-Pointed Needles with Stefanie Japel
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 14, 2012
Click: http://www.craftsy.com/ext/YT_26_1 to learn more about Stefanie Japel's online class, Circular Knit Lab: Hats Four Ways!
Follow Craftsy Around the Web!
About Circular Knit Lab: Hats Four Ways:
Published author and well-loved knitwear designer Stefanie Japel shares her "purls" of wisdom with you as she teaches you to knit three unique styles of hats. Circular Knit Lab begins with essential information about circular needles and knitting in the round, including choosing supplies and creating the perfect circumference for any size head. Then Stefanie walks you through hat-making from start to finish with her friendly approach and ever-present enthusiasm for teaching and knitting.
Learn how to increase and decrease in the round, how to make cool stripes or cables, along with ribbing, blocking, making jogless joins, and adding fun embellishments like embroidery, pompoms and tassels to your custom-fit hats. You'll learn to knit hats using four different circular needle techniques. At the end of the course you'll have three brand-new, homemade hats to wear or give as gifts.
About Stefanie Japel:
Stefanie Japel learned to knit from her grandma when she was 8 years old. She grew up wearing her sweaters and borrowing the ones she made for other people. Most of these sweaters are raglans, knit in the round from the top. Stefanie continues this sweater-making tradition.
A gifted designer, Stefanie has published three knitting books: Glam Knits, Fitted Knits and From the Top. Her work has appeared in books and publications including Big Girl Knits, Stitch N Bitch Nation, KnitGrrl, Knit Wit, Not Another Teen Knitting Book, Interweave Knits, Knitscene, Knit.1 and Vogue Knitting. She has designed patterns for Stitch Diva Studios, Southwest Trading Co., JCA Reynolds, Artful Yarns, Tilli Tomas and Mission Falls.
Stefanie's teaching is marked by her infectious enthusiasm and keen eye for detail. Visit her blog for more information: www.stefaniejapel.com.
Standard YouTube License
- 15:57 Crochet Easy and unique stitch hat tutorialby Yolanda Soto Lopez Featured 119,376
- 5:54 Sharpening and Maintaining Your Rotary Blade from Scrap Quilting with Pepper Cory on Craftsy.comby Craftsy22,563 views
- 5:07 How To Cast On Using Double Pointed Needles from Circular Knit Lab with Stefanie Japelby Craftsy2,907 views
- 1:35 Stefanie Japel Explains How To Choose Knits To Fit Your Body Typeby Craftsy1,530 views
- 2:17 How To Knit Hats Without Double-Pointed Needles with Stefanie Japelby Craftsy3,529 views
- 10:08 Knit With DPNs (Double Pointed Needles)by iknitwithcatfur20,727 views
- 9:37 Circular Knitting with DPNs (double pointed needles)by Sandy Davis6,299 views
- 8:27 My order from knitpicks.comby dierdrelefae9,776 views
- 11:03 Double Knittingby lissaplus353,027 views
- 7:07 Double Pointed Needles Part Oneby PleasantSeas28,257 views
- 28:18 DIY Arm Knitting - 30 Minute Inifinity Scarfby Audra Kurtz760,567 views
- 8:13 How to Knit a Rib with Double Pointed Needlesby TheArtsyfartsy1234,065 views
- 5:06 Really Clear: Working with Double-Pointed Needles (cc)by Cynthia Spencer944 views
- 4:50 Charlene Schurch's No More Gusset Holesby jeanflores18,823 views
- 8:20 Knitting in the Round Part 1: Double Pointed Needlesby stitchdiva316,771 views
- 3:22 Jogless Stripesby Knit Purl Hunter106,104 views
- 9:42 How to work on double pointed needlesby theknitwitch18,748 views
- 3:54 Making A Katwise Sweater Coatby katwise osullivan86,433 views
- 23:23 Kim Kardashian Beanie - 1by iKNITS224,815 views
- 9:49 Yarnovers and Double Yarnovers (yo and yo twice)by planetpurl34,186 views
- Loading more suggestions...