Congress Reads the Constitution - Edited Continuous Full Reading - House of Representatives - Read
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 9, 2011
Watch as Congress reads our Constitution; an historic first. This video is edited from the full Congressional reading, which was twice the length due to recognizing each member and the time for each member to get to the podium; all introductions and down-time have been removed so it is just Representatives continuously reading the Constitution!
Never before in history has the Constitution been read by Congressmen; so enjoy this wonderful experience. About 130 members participated in the reading on January 6, 2011, at the start of the 112th Congress.
On January 6, 2011, Speaker John Boehner started the reading with "We the people," followed by Nancy Pelosi and then the other Congressmen and Congresswomen. Civil rights leader Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) read the 13th Amendment, followed by applause. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) read the First Amendment. Gabrielle Giffords starts speaking at 30:04.
Full list of members of Congress who read the Constitution:
This is brought to you as a public service of The Conservative Caucus, America's Constitutional Government Action Organization. Edited by Art Harman. Two short sections of the reading were skipped at the time of the reading and were later read by Rep. Goodlatte (R-VA); and these were edited into their correct place for a seamless reading. Other editing removed a few verbal stumbles and the "Except Obama" disturbance to give an uninterrupted reading of the Constitution. Audio levels were improved as well as some Representatives spoke to softly to easily hear. The idea is to give you a "listenable" reading of the Constitution. Enjoy it!
The full, unedited reading is available on Cspan.org, where you may watch the entire reading, including objections by a few to reading the document to which they had sworn to "support and defend" just the day before and the "Except Obama" interjection regarding the birth certificate issue.
It is hoped this introduction to the Constitution will build respect for it amongst those members who have voted for unconstitutional programs and bills.
Spread the message! Organize readings yourself! Video them and send us the link or a DVD and we'll post the very best on our channel! Home, friends, neighbors, school, university, home schooling, civic, scouting, church, and other groups should do this. Encourage readings in state legislatures (of both the US and state constitutions) and in city council meetings too. Learn it, teach it! If you've read and memorized Shakespeare or other great literary and theatrical works; now memorize the greatest document in history; the Constitution which is the foundation of our liberty! If you have never read it or it has been a long time since you had, take the time to read it now. In all of history, no document has helped preserve freedom as much as has the Constitution. That it is attacked as "old," "out of date" or needs to be treated as a "living document" where the plain language protecting liberty is pretended to mean whatever the reader wants--shows how those who seek to undermine it to so undermine our freedom will never cease.
Please visit our websites:
Subscribe and share! LIKE us on Facebook!
Click the "subscribe" button to receive notices when we add new programs. Our YouTube channel is http://www.youtube.com/TCCTV
C-SPAN coverage of the House Chamber is in public domain and carries no restrictions on its use. This derived work is copyrighted.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:04 256 영어공부- 도대체 왜 이러는 거야? 뭐가 문제야?(=What's your problem?)by successenglish Featured 5,187
- 0:43 (on Fox News) TCC Offers $100,000 Reward for Evidence of White House Involvement in "Fast & Furious"by TCCTV1,549 views
- 6:43 Chinese Flag Raising By The White House - Red China Flag Over Washington - Legacy of President Obamaby TCCTV117,168 views
- 1:17:19 Constitution Day with Virginia Delegate Bob Marshall - The Conservative Caucusby TCCTV875 views
- 1:13 Hold President Obama to his Oath of Office - He Must Repeal Unconstitutional ObamaCareby TCCTV1,159 views
- 7:26 TV News Anchors Scared After Interviewing Richard Gage Architectby Blaque Patriot10,742 views
- 1:31 Read the Constitution! - Ron Paul to Mitt Romneyby spentenergy3,096 views
- 1:22:18 Our Legal Foundation: The Invisible Constitution and the Rule of Lawby Chicago Humanities Festival1,664 views
- 6:35 Constitution Day 2009 reading The Bill of Rightsby thomas griffith6,415 views
- 1:21 Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Reading The First Amendmentby SuchIsLifeVideos1,872 views
- 2:24:19 Fall of the Republic HQ full length versionby ChangeDaChannel4,191,500 views
- 2:38 Birther Who Disrupted Constitution Reading: Theresa Cao Background Storyby secularstupidest9,526 views
- 9:57 The United States Constitutionby Adam Goss18,254 views
- 6:43 Daily Show On Why Fox News Hates The US Constitutionby I'm Incorrigible107,105 views
- 5:21 Michael Badnarik - The Constitutionby Zodiacjack61,517 views
- 3:45 Judith Hill Talks Outfit, Hair and Performing The Power infront of Usher!by PopStop TV3,507 views
- 2:24 Korea Got Talent 2 - The Little Boy in Gangnam Style (Hwang Min-Woo)by GetGoodLaughs48,180 views
- 1:07 Tom Delay: 'You Saw the Constitution Burned By the Dems in the House of Representatives Tonight'by PoliJAM5,902 views
- 8:23 Korea's Got Talent homeless guy Sung Bong Choi Steals The Talent Show 코리아 갓 탤런트.by TheAndressalinas3,485 views
- 0:46 Rep. Gabrielle Giffords reads the First Amendment on House Floor, right to assemble "peaceably"by TheDailyCallerVideo3,104 views
- Loading more suggestions...