Effective Presentation Skills: Using Eye Contact to Connect with Your Audience
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 13, 2009
Eye contact is the most effective presentation skill to reduce your nervousness.
The best way for you to implement eye contact is to connect with one person for a sustained thought. That would be from the beginning of a sentence, until there's punctuation like a comma or a period. When you finish the sentence, you'll want to move your eyes to another person and repeat the process.
Holding eye contact is the best way for you to:
1. Gather your thoughts
2. Think clearly
3. Remember what to say
Eye contact is the number one effective communication skill that we teach. The goal is to connect with individuals in the room. Whether there are 10 people, 100 people, or 300 people, you've got to have eyeball to eyeball connection with individuals in the room. Making eye contact with individuals in the room solves a lot of problems. It's going to slow your speaking pace down, reduce non-words, and help you maintain your train of thought.
In this video, you will see Sheri Jeavons coach real business professionals and find out how you can implement this critical skill into your presentation style.
Watch as Sheri offers presentation consulting to Pam in order to improve her eye contact skills. She tells Pam to avoid jumping eyes, connect with a small group of people and slowly move to the other side of the room. In this before and after video, you will see that when Pam improved her eye contact skills, she immediately improved her connection with the audience and her ability to complete thoughts, giving her much more command of the room.
This clip is from the Power Presentations DVD Series Volume 1: Master Your Physical Presence. Visit http://www.power-presentations.com/dv... to purchase the complete presentation training DVD.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:53 Public Speaking - 2 Minute Speech Drillby tjwalker Featured 12,480
- 7:13 Top 10 Presentation Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them) Part 1 of 3by Marc Corsini205,806 views
- 7:26 Eye Contact: The Triangle Methodby Impromptu Guru41,295 views
- 5:39 Effective Presentation Skills: Using Vocal Energy to Excite Your Audienceby PowerPresentation98,683 views
- 10:24 How To Begin Your Presentation With A Strong Startby MightyFIneVideos219,994 views
- 10:01 Presentation Skills Tip: Anyone can do thisby Darren LaCroix148,966 views
- 3:49 What to do with your hands when you're presenting!by Speakfirst191,109 views
- 6:55 Make a Presentation Like Steve Jobsby analuizaff413,577 views
- 26 videos Play all effective business presentation skillsby BlueSquareManagement
- 8:00 Speaking Tips - Stop Worrying and Start Presenting!by Erin Manning340,763 views
- 5:02 Five Basic Public Speaking Tipsby Toastmasters295,512 views
- 7:01 The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobsby Carmine Gallo434,927 views
- 5:51 How To Open Your Presentation Like A Professional In 6 Stepsby Liam Lusk91,678 views
- 9:46 How to make shockingly effective presentations.movby ASSOBAustralia72,263 views
- 6:11 Presenting & Public Speaking Tips - How to improve skills & confidenceby VirtualStudio.TV194,522 views
- 6:58 Eye Contact Rules - How Eye Contact Conveys Interest Trust & Attraction - Eye Contact & Cultureby Real Men Real Style144,655 views
- 6:19 Tips for Public speaking and Presentation skills - letstalkpodcast.com - Personality developmentby Learn English with Let's Talk - Free English Lessons235,500 views
- 5:14 Apple IPad Presentation by Steve Jobsby stockmarketusa56,747 views
- 4:16 Corporate Storytelling in Business- Doug Stevensonby Doug Stevenson24,344 views
- 2:57 How to Use Body Language to Improve Your Presentation Online videos for busy business professionals BNET Videoby raghavendra10863,109 views