This video is unavailable.
How To Open a Bottle Of Champagne
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 31, 2008
Watch more Wine Drinking & Education videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/251-Win...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
The trick is to pop the cork with style and flair--and without creating a dangerous projectile.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Make sure bottle is chilled
Champagne is best opened when very cold, so make sure you're working with a well-chilled bottle. 43 to 48 degrees is ideal.
Put the bottle in a champagne bucket full of ice. To speed up the chilling process, add cold water and a little salt.
Step 2: Dry bottle & point cork
Dry off the bottle so you can get a good grip, and point the cork away from people.
Step 3: Peel foil wrapper
Peel off the foil wrapper, keeping the wire cage intact.
Step 4: Grip bottle
Loosely grip the bottle's neck, placing your thumb on top of the cork.
Step 5: Untwist wire cage
Begin untwisting the wire cage, keeping your finger (or palm) firmly over the cork.
Drape a towel over the bottle's cork and neck for added protection.
Step 6: Twist bottle & pull down
Don't twist the cork at all. Keeping a good grip on the cork, and the bottle at a 45-degree angle, twist the fat part of the bottle as you pull the bottle down.
Step 7: Pop and pour
When you hear the tell-tale soft pop, you're home free—pour away!
Did You Know?
A study has shown that consuming moderate amounts of champagne may help the brain cope with the trauma of a stroke, Alzheimer's, and Parkinson's disease.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:48 How To Pour a Bottle Of Wineby HowcastFeatured 172,559
- 1:55 How To Open a Bottle Of Wineby Howcast 124,810 views
- 1:43 How To Open a Wine Bottle Without a Corkscrewby Howcast 298,421 views
- 1:12 How To Make a Shot Glass Out Of Iceby Howcast 801,284 views
- 1:46 How to Open and Pour Champagneby VideosTotalWine 38,113 views
- 6:32 How Champagne Is Madeby Triwood1973 129,953 views
- 47 videos Play all cocktailsby simsmel
- 0:37 how NOT to open a champagne bottle with knifeby djtenacious 56,666 views
- 4:28 Restaurant Business : How to Wait Tablesby eHow 140,555 views
- 3:42 Open champagne with a sabre!by Anders Öhman 97,879 views
- 2:05 Cómo abrir y servir una botella de cava o champagne / How to open and serve Champagne bottleby recetastv 15,203 views
- 1:31 How to Un-Cork a Champagne Bottle (with No Spillage)by WSJDigitalNetwork 5,422 views
- 2:17 Rules of Etiquette : How to Set a Formal Tableby eHow 210,027 views
- 3:52 Proper Champagne Service with Master Sommelier David Glancyby pcichef 56,679 views
- 2:38 Wine Table Service - www.wine360.co.ukby Stephen Licata 37,855 views
- 1:00 How to open a bottle of wine WITHOUT corkscrewby keeptubing 756,848 views
- 5:06 G.H.Mumm and Perrier-Jouet How to open a bottle of Champagne.by WineTipster 5,186 views
- 1:22 How to Saber a Bottle of Champagne - Raising The Bar with Jamie Boudreau - Small Screenby SmallScreenNetwork 20,133 views
- 5:03 How to Open a Bottle of Champagneby MonkeySee 2,604 views
- 1:53 How to Use a Champagne Saberby WineTastingsGuide 85,610 views
- 2:48 How to Open Champagneby KitchenDailyVideos 4,422 views
- Loading more suggestions...