How to Clean a Barbeque Grill and Grill Grates
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 1, 2009
For great tasting food and after a season of use, keeping a grill clean is essential. These simple techniques will keep your food tasting great for seasons to come.
A grill should be cleaned before grilling every time, and a good deep cleaning one to two times a season depending on how much use it is getting is key. Each time you grill use a wire brush to take off last meals residue. To do so, turn on the grill and let it heat up for a few minutes. Use a wire brush to clean the grill grates and rid of excess food.
Charcoal grills are easy to clean. Line the base with a piece of foil so that clean up is easy as picking up the foil and tossing it in the trash. Simply clean the inside of the grill and the grill grates with a scrub brush and a bucket of warm water and detergent. Reassemble and it is ready to be used!
For a semi-annual or annual cleaning for a stainless steel grill, you will need a drop cloth, aluminum foil, scrub brush, wire brush, a hose, dish detergent and a sponge. Turn off the gas source to begin by detaching the gas source. Take off the flame guards and disconnect the wires. Clean out any loose debris from the interior. Using dish detergent and warm water clean the interior of the grill and the grates with a scrub brush. Use warm water and detergent with a wire brush to clean the flame guards and gas pipes. Reassemble the grill.
Finish by using a cloth to clean the outside of the grill. Use a stainless steel grill cleaner to get rid of any food particles on a weekly basis to prevent permanent damage. Finally, cover with a grill cover. For other videos like this one on how to improve the performance of your grill, visit http://www.Lowes.com/Videos.
Subscribe to Lowe's YouTube for great how to videos and home improvement tips: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
Or head to our channel: http://www.youtube.com/Lowes
Standard YouTube License
- 8:32 How to Grill - Basic Grilling Tipsby Lowe's Home Improvement122,138 views
- 6:21 How to Trim Shrubs and Prune Hedges - Do It Yourselfby Lowe's Home Improvement236,885 views
- 5:23 How to Install Composite Decking, Part 1: Installing Deck Posts & Deck Boardsby Lowe's Home Improvement413,683 views
- 4:47 How to Help Control Mold and Mildew in Your Homeby Lowe's Home Improvement127,806 views
- 5:53 How to Replace and Install a Bathroom Ventilation Fanby Lowe's Home Improvement371,255 views
- 4:28 How to Clean Rain Gutters and Downspoutsby Lowe's Home Improvement242,251 views
- 4:07 How to Maintain An Outdoor Gas Grill - Do It Yourselfby Lowe's Home Improvement63,356 views
- 3:03 How to Maintain a Garage Doorby Lowe's Home Improvement233,937 views
- 3:44 How to Maintain A Swimming Pool - Clean and Test Pool Waterby Lowe's Home Improvement301,831 views
- 3:25 Lowe's Creative Ideas: Building an Outdoor Privacy Screenby Lowe's Home Improvement273,190 views
- 3:20 How to Marinate & Barbeque Chicken on the Grillby Lowe's Home Improvement107,669 views
- 1:56 How to Grill Whole Chicken - Weber Grill Knowledgeby Lowe's Home Improvement78,224 views
- 3:43 Safety Tips For Gas Grillsby Lowe's Home Improvement5,693 views
- 1:39 How to Grill Steak - Weber Grill Knowledgeby Lowe's Home Improvement130,408 views
- 3:54 How to Install a Garbage Disposalby Lowe's Home Improvement316,252 views
- 3:58 How To Install A Ceiling Fanby Lowe's Home Improvement347,423 views
- 1:41 Char-Broil Commercial Series Infrared Grills at Lowe'sby Lowe's Home Improvement33,433 views
- 1:31 How to Grill Burgers - Weber Grill Knowledgeby Lowe's Home Improvement69,336 views
- 1:04 How to Grill Asparagus - Weber Grill Knowledgeby Lowe's Home Improvement49,278 views