Obama Advisor Samantha Power Calls for Invasion of Israel
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 1, 2011
In 2002 Samantha Power made the above statement, calling for a U.S. military invasion of Israel.
In January 2009 President Obama appointed Samantha Power to the National Security Council, as director for multilateral affairs.
A transcript of the above interview is below:
INTERVIEWER: "Let me give you a thought experiment here, and it is the following: without addressing the Palestine -- Israel problem, let's say you were an advisor to the President of the United States, how would you respond to current events there? Would you advise him to put a structure in place to monitor that situation, at least if one party or another [starts] looking like they might be moving toward genocide?"
POWER: "What we don't need is some kind of early warning mechanism there, what we need is a willingness to put something on the line in helping the situation. Putting something on the line might mean alienating a domestic constituency of tremendous political and financial import; it may more crucially mean sacrificing — or investing, I think, more than sacrificing — billions of dollars, not in servicing Israel's military, but actually investing in the new state of Palestine, in investing the billions of dollars it would probably take, also, to support what will have to be a mammoth protection force, not of the old Rwanda kind, but a meaningful military presence. Because it seems to me at this stage (and this is true of actual genocides as well, and not just major human rights abuses, which were seen there), you have to go in as if you're serious, you have to put something on the line.
Unfortunately, imposition of a solution on unwilling parties is dreadful. It's a terrible thing to do, it's fundamentally undemocratic. But, sadly, we don't just have a democracy here either, we have a liberal democracy. There are certain sets of principles that guide our policy, or that are meant to, anyway. It's essential that some set of principles becomes the benchmark, rather than a deference to [leaders] who are fundamentally politically destined to destroy the lives of their own people. And by that I mean what Tom Freidman has called "Sharafat." I do think in that sense, both political leaders have been dreadfully irresponsible. And, unfortunately, it does require external intervention."
http://keywiki.org - Unlocking the covert side of U.S. and Global politics...
Standard YouTube License
- 1:18:50 Jared Diamond: World Until Yesterdayby CambridgeForumVideos3,478 views
- 15:42 How To Disqualify Your Judge www.fulldisclosure.netby FullDisclosureNetwrk57,301 views
- 1:06:53 Unconventional Wisdom Noam Chomsky interview with David Barsamianby TheEthanwashere6,786 views
- 40:13 Glenn Beck Special on The Federal Reserve 3-25-11by PenguinProseMedia14,185 views
- 7:19 Obama - The Anti-Israel Presidentby David Horowitz471,370 views
- 32:16 December 5 2013 Is Israel preparing for a preemptive strike on Iran??? 1 of 2by u2bheavenbound15,679 views
- 1:08:31 An honest Israeli Jew tells the Real Truth about Israelby Muslims and the World381,096 views
- 5:01 Jon Voight tells the truth about Obama. Wake up America.by T Bag1,603,966 views
- 29:13 An Urgent Message for Americaby keywiki122,416 views
- 5:54 UN Nomination Growing Backlash Over Samantha Power, Power Compared United States To Nazi Germanyby Mass Tea Party1,459 views
- 12:59 The MOST Important Video About Israel You'll Ever See!by thelandofisrael1,291,747 views
- 5:45 Florida Student Asks Obama about Israel's Human Rights Violations at Tampa Townhallby bediertv303,131 views
- 45:17 Israeli Air Force - Dog Fights Of The Middle Eastby cafeturkie332,368 views
- 5:38 Obama's Anti-American UN Nominee Gets Grilled By Rubio--Fox News Women Respondby Greg Hengler1,019 views
- 1:23:51 Samantha Power: Obama, Human Rights, and the Lessons of the New Diplomacyby columbiauniversity3,403 views
- 7:25 I Saw Barack Obama Arguing For The Israeli-Palestinians Sign "Peace Treaty" (Kevin Mirasi)by Seho Song4,245 views
- 20:24 Sen. Rand Paul Confronts Obama Crimesby TheAlexJonesChannel218,720 views
- 9:52 Cynthia McKinney US lawmakers forced to sign support of Israelby o1OpTiMuS1o12,549 views
- 1:22:52 The Evolution of Religionsby USCCollege40,283 views
- 15:23 Rand Paul On IRS Scandal, Samantha Powers, Syria, And Immigration Reform - 6/5/2013by Eduardo89rp2,349 views
- Loading more suggestions...