Published on Jun 4, 2014
Sim makes life simple. Personalize your watch to perform your favourite phone functions, and do it all with a flick of the wrist. This means more time living, and less time letting life pass by.
100% genuine leather, rose gold plating, and three unique, integrated NFC transmitters. A new, yet familiar match.
(1) Simplify everything. Take instant photos and video, tap to share your contact info, automatic calls and texts, save battery life, even unlock doors... all with a flick of the wrist. Never fiddle with your 'Settings' again. No charging, no updates, no fuss.
(2) Classic, timeless style. Take your style to a higher level. The design alone will turn heads. Then, wow them with hands-free control.
(3) A special Kickstarter price. Kickstarter cuts out the middleman to bring you a special price. Retailers will mark Sim upwards of $250. It's $149 for Kickstarter backers.
Sim uses NFC transmitters to tell your phone what to do.
NFC stands for "Near Field Communication." A cousin of RFID, NFC uses radio waves to transfer data between devices. NFC is passive, which means no battery, no charging, and no problems.
Use your phone to 'write' instructions to any of Sim's three transmitters. Then, the fun begins. Equipped with directions on what to do, your watch can then control your phone with a tap. You can customize the capabilities you want in your NFC Watch with easy-to-use third party apps from the Android PlayStore, Windows Store, or BlackBerry World.
Sim combines classic craftsmanship (an aspect neglected in most smartwatch designs) with NFC technology to simplify your life. We made Sim Watch, because our alternatives aren't enough...
(1) Get Future-Proof! Technology is advancing fast. In other campaigns, by the time backers get their watches, the technology is dated. Sim is the future of information transfer (built into many phones already!), with thousands of new uses introduced every single day. Thus, Sim appreciates over time.
(2) Distracting. You already have a phone that keeps you occupied. Do you really need another, less optimized one to distract you on your wrist? Sim Watch simplifies. We believe your phone and watch should be working together seamlessly, not fighting for your attention.
(3) Is this a toy? Many smart watches look cheap with plastic, toy-like components. Sim is based on 500 years of proven craftsmanship. 100% genuine leather, rose gold plating, and three embedded NFC transmitters.
Customize Sim to perform your favourite actions on your phone. Here are some examples of what you'll do with a quick tap...
Sim is designed to add solid, classic value to any outfit.
For this project, we have partnered with a traditional watchmaker with over 15 years experience in crafting exceptional timepieces. All straps are genuine leather, and are available in either black or brown leather.
Here are some of the specifications...
(1) Stainless Steel Case Meet Rose Gold Plating
(2) 19.85mm Lug Width (Width of Genuine Leather Strap)
(3) 38mm Face Width
(4) 8 Size Notches Means an One-Size-Fits-All Solution
(5) Japanese Quartz Movement
(6) Scratch-Resistant Glass
(7) 5 ATM Water-Resistance
Trigger NFC App Trigger NFC App
(1) Write. There is a variety of apps you can use to customize NFC from Google, Windows, BlackBerry, etc. We use the top-rated Android app Trigger, offering 166 320 possible function combinations.
(2) Select. Select "Write Tag."
(3) Place. Place the 3 sections of the Sim up to your smartphone one at a time.
(4) Pick. Pick which functions you want for the 3 different areas and enjoy!
Will this work with my phone? Great question.
Every Sim needs a smart phone to program it! NFC technology is on fire, with NFC to be included in 2 of every 3 phones by 2018. Each phone has a sweet spot where the Sim will work best. Find it and simply tap to activate your favorite functions. Android, Windows, and BlackBerry phones can use NFC already. iPhones are not currently built with NFC, but can be made NFC-compatible using certain cases, such as the CashWrap.
Every watch comes boxed for protection and easy gifting. Once opened, you'll notice the hands of the Sim have been stilled by a white, plastic insert. That's because the journey to the simple life doesn't start until you're ready!
Simply remove the plastic insert, set the watch to the appropriate time, and push the metal dial inwards to start the hands ticking. Feel free to program functions to any of the three NFC transmitters at any time.
Sim is water-resistant and comes with a 2-year warranty on manufacturing defects. Gently wipe with a damp cloth if needed.