Integrated Pharmacology - Kamwo Herbal Pharmacy Book Review
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 27, 2009
Dr Belinda Anderson, L.Ac., is an academic, researcher and practitioner. She is currently the Academic Dean at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in NY City. She reviews the new text Integrated Pharmacology: Combining Modern Pharmacology with Chinese Medicine
by Dr.Greg Sperber with Bob Flaws.
At last, the book on Western Drugs that OM students and practitioners have been waiting for. Integrated Pharmacology: Combining Modern Pharmacology with Chinese Medicine, by Dr. Greg Sperber, gives you basic information about each common class of Western pharmaceuticals. For each category of drug, Dr. Sperber gives us the generic names, pronunciation, and registered proprietary versions, an explanation of functions, mechanisms of action, dosages for adults, children, and the elderly, possible adverse affects, red flags, and the most up-to-the-minute information on specific drug-drug, and drug-herb interactions that may affect your patients.
Additionally, the book includes: * Commentary by Bob Flaws on a three-part system for evaluating Western medications using Chinese medical principles and a Chinese medical analysis of each class of drugs using this three-part system * Over 90 illustrations showing the functions and mechanisms of each type of drug * Page-by-page glossary of potentially difficult terms throughout the book * A user-friendly design that helps you quickly find the information you need
Dr. Greg Sperber received a Bachelor of Science in molecular biology from the University of California, San Diego before getting a Masters Degree in Traditional Oriental Medicine from the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego. He worked as a business and computer consultant to several small businesses, while getting his Masters of Business Administration with an emphasis in healthcare administration from National University. Dr. Sperber then moved to Australia, where he attended medical school at Flinders University of South Australia earning a Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery (BMBS, the British equivalent to an MD). While attending medical school, he established an acupuncture and herbal practice and taught Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), becoming the department chair of Traditional Chinese Medicine at the Adelaide Training College of Complementary Medicine. Currently, he is an instructor and clinical supervisor at the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. Dr. Sperber also maintains a private practice and serves as President of the California State Oriental Medical Association. Dr. Sperber recently completed his second doctorate, becoming one of the first graduates with a Doctorate of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) from the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. Generally, he gets very little sleep.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:26 * START HERE * - Maria Treben's Herbal Remedies, Proven Cures and Advice from her Healing Worksby MariaTrebenTV2,228 views
- 42:45 Herbs, Botanicals, and Supplements during Cancer Treatment -- Sloan-Ketteringby mskcc1,295 views
- 10:00 Andrew Weil - Psychoactive drugs through human history (5/5)by phenothiazine5,429 views
- 7:08 Crane Herb Companyby Crane Herb1,330 views
- 46:00 Autonomic Nervous system Pharmacologyby ftplectures12,592 views
- 7:27 Beauty & Skin Care -- A Chinese Herbal Prescription (13)by askjohnfung13,097 views
- 9:50 Acupuncture Theory both Eastern and Westernby AcupunctureWorks1,135 views
- 5:17 Drug and Herb Interactionsby iHealthTube.com419 views
- 58:32 Complementary/Alternative Medicine: Traditional Chineseby University of California Television (UCTV)129,805 views
- 7:39 NTDTV (New Tang Dynasty Television) - Chinese herbs in the treatment of headaches and migrainesby Kamwo Herbal Pharmacy926 views
- 13:20 About the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examby iRachelle16,667 views
- 3:23 Dr. Heather Ashton - Benzodiazepine Withdrawalby Psychmedaware75,904 views
- 1:29:32 Pharmacy 102: Drug Studies - Who What When Where and Whyby University of California Television (UCTV)22,301 views
- 5:18 God's Pharmacyby andreadelta396,034 views
- 59:02 2.2 Autonomic Pharmacologyby PHRM203107,283 views
- 58:40 3.1 CNS Pharmacology 1by PHRM20355,996 views
- 3:43 Chinese Herbal Formulas and Applications - Kamwo Herbal Pharmacy Book Reviewby Kamwo Herbal Pharmacy997 views
- 3:15 Wing Chun Arm Elongation Power by Sifu Sergioby SifuSergioChannel21,255 views
- 6:46 Just the Job Video - Pharmacy Technicianby careersnz52,034 views
- 10:15 NCLEX® EXCEL! - Pharmacologyby NCLEXEXCEL96,786 views
- Loading more suggestions...