The Importance of Concentration In Sports
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 27, 2013
Concentration In Sports
Crowd cheering, coaches shouting, team mates giving direction and opponents trash talking make it difficult for even professionals to keep their focus.
That is why it is very important to learn how to concentrate no matter what is going on by keeping your mind present in the game and fixed on your goal.
Today we are featuring Part 9 of a series of interviews with Raven Magwood, a teenage author, motivational speaker, and TV talk show host.
Concentration in sports, according to Raven takes practice. This video will show us how she's able to keep her concentration on hand in her sport and all other areas of her life.
It takes practice to improve focus and concentration. As "successful" as I am, I get distracted very easily. It is hard for me to sit down and focus on one thing for a long period of time.
I can definitely relate to having things come at me from different places. When I have to concentrate, I tell myself, "to spend an hour doing this Raven before doing anything else. Spend an hour concentrating on what is in front of you."
Maybe you can't spend two or three hours studying, but you can spend 45 minutes, grab a snack and a 15 minute break, then come back and study.
Work out for a few hours and take a break, drink some water, then go back to practicing.
It really takes practice. It also takes time management and it takes prioritizing. It is not something you are going to be able to wake up and do.
You are not going to be able to wake up and say, "Oh my gosh, I am focused." It is going to take practice, but give that practice time and effort, because it is going to help you do anything in life.
Being able to focus is a key, but it takes practice.
Setting short term goals is something I have to do for myself. I know I cannot sit for three hours straight and do one thing.
I say, "Do it for 45 minutes then when I start trailing off grab something to eat, take a walk outside, and come back to it."
Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Visit http://www.teenmentaltoughness.com to download FREE:
"The 10 Commandments For A Great Sports Parent" ebook
Share this video using this link: http://youtu.be/o9VfaFp1Vls
If you missed the 1st part of this series click here: http://youtu.be/MmtgSiD1nM8
- 1:12:39 (Pak v Ind) Champions Trophy Hockey Match 1996by adeelkayanii22,150 views
- 4:38 Best Technique to Improve Concentration and Focus (Video 7)by CharismaSchool1,880 views
- 44:31 NFL Top 10 Bad Weather Gamesby NFL top 1017,019 views
- 44:41 NFL Top 10 Gutsiest Callsby NFL top 1029,884 views
- 3:43 Your Concentration Can Make Or Break Your Performance: A Former World Champion's Storyby TheCompetitivedge1,947 views
- 7:21 Top 10 Controversial Calls in Sports Historyby WatchMojo.com244,323 views
- 4:48 (HD) NFL Top Ten Plays of the Past 25 Yearsby SportsNewsForDummies480,704 views
- 8:01 Classic Concentration - Mark vs Ann Game 2by jguers14,037 views
- 41:49 Top.50.Special.Sports.Bloopers.2by shinos00065,153 views
- 1:38:32 2010 World Cup - 50 Most Shocking Momentsby WeTalkFootball983,572 views
- 2:20 Kieron Pollard sledging Ahmad Shehzad..EPIC !! West Indies v Pakistan 2nd ODI at Guyana 2013by kapurprem82,078 views
- 2:54 How to Stay Focused During Sport Competition Part 1by virtualbrandsvideo605 views
- 2:48 The Top Ten Weirdest Fights in Sports Historyby VideoAvalanche338,853 views
- 8:07 Top 10 Craziest Events Caught on Live TVby WatchMojo.com1,014,570 views
- 7:00 Top 10 Most Paused Movie Momentsby WatchMojo.com8,734,827 views
- 2:53 Connor Fields - The Art of Concentrationby Team USA11,561 views
- 7:16 Top 10 Worst Cheaters in Sportsby WatchMojo.com603,462 views
- 14:54 Funny Football Moments 2012-2013 HDby Lord Alio3,252,069 views
- 10:25 Top 10 Supervillain Portrayals in Moviesby WatchMojo.com400,720 views
- 39:05 Arousal Stress Anxiety.mp4by Ian Coleman1,874 views
- Loading more suggestions...