The Best Damn Band In The Land (Ohio State University Marching Band)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 21, 2009
The Ohio State University Marching Band Takes The Field With Their Ramp Entrance Before The 2009 Ohio State Vs. Illinois Game.
he Ramp entrance is known as one of the most highly regarded traditions among band members, as well as extremely physically demanding. It can be known as three of the most grueling minutes a band member will endure, but, as accounted hundreds of times, one of tremendous pride for a member's accomplishments to be able to march ramp with The Ohio State University Marching Band.
The percussion section (JIrow) is the first to march down the ramp, and onto the field; not to cadences, rather cheers at a precise tempo of 180 bpm. A series of elaborately timed flanking maneuvers leads JIrow into their respective rows in the block.
Then, the "Ramp" cadences is played over, exactly seventeen times, also at 180 bpm, as the other rows in the band file down the ramp, onto the field, and into their respective positions. Once a row is placed, the members mark time until all rows are into position.
As the final two rows, T and X file in, their squad leaders nod to the two bass row's (KLrow) squad leaders, who then sound a loud blast on their whistles. The entire band responds to this call with a deafening yell of "Whistle!". After the last Ramp cadence is played, a roll-off is played, while the entire band (except JIrow) performs a conversion step maneuver, and a horns-up.
The band proceeds to play the intro of Buckeye Battle Cry while marking time. This is followed by the Verse, while the band goes into what is referred to as a "half-time step" (mark time); one step per every two beats. During the verse, a member's leg lift (completion of a full chair step) is crucial to a clean and precision view from the crowd. Also, during the verse, KLrow performs a special horn flash in which they tilt their bells slightly upward, and swing their entire upper body, including their horn, to the tempo of their step.
After the completion of the verse, the band proceeds to march southward down the field to two choruses of Buckeye Battle Cry. The band then executes a "halt, kick, down", followed by a "step-forward about-face".
Standard YouTube License
- 9:05 Ohio State University Marching Band Ramp Entry, Script Ohio & Pre-game OSU vs IU. 11 5 2011by mbandfan2 Featured 688,719
- 3:52 Ohio State Marching Band Ramp Entrance 09by JIROWFAN27,529 views
- 3:44 OSUMB Ramp Entranceby PrideOfTheBuckeyes16,396 views
- 2:42 OSU Marching Band Entering Ohio Stadiumby PrideOfTheBuckeyes158,038 views
- 4:06 Flash Mob at the Ohio Union 5/3/2010 - The Ohio State Universityby TheOhioUnion5,430,911 views
- 9:32 Ohio State Marching Bandby Superbad247856,301 views
- 48 videos Play all The Best Marching Band/Drum Corpsby FSUfanOFtheBAND
- 4:36 Ohio State Marching Band Ramp Entrance Michigan Game 11/27/2010by JIROWFAN126,124 views
- 3:06 Ohio State Marching Band Ramp Entrance 9/12/09by TheJbfalk117,349 views
- 8:57 2009 Ohio State Marching Band Salute to the Motown Sound (50th Anniversary)by huntva180,594 views
- 1:30 Ohio State Band Skull Session Entrance USC Game Sep 12 2009by bobertv12320,778 views
- 8:32 Ohio State Marching Band Hollywood Blockbusters Espectáculo.by Benjamin Mt.17,315 views
- 58:47 Michigan vs. Ohio State - The Rivalryby TheNCAAHistory186,156 views
- 3:07 Michigan Marching Band Pregameby acm58581,235 views
- 4:28 Bollywood Hero Flash Mob in Times Squareby ifcnews2,373,806 views
- 4:23 Supermarket Flashmobby tomcuz848,695,432 views
- 7:52 The Ohio State University Marching Bandby ceciltheshortie6,045 views
- 1:47 College Football's Top 10 Toughest Places to Playby Logan Gibson135,369 views
- 4:02 Sound of Music | Central Station Antwerp (Belgium)by Matthias De Boeck27,889,813 views
- 1:24 Hang On Sloopy Ohio State Band BCS Pep Rally TBDBITLby pshaw3456579,975 views