VLOG: Dinner party at Restaurant Nicholas
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 7, 2013
I picked this restaurant to celebrate a bachelorette dinner party. I was surprised by the required valet parking, but it was a nice touch and it was very nice that we could wait inside while our car was being pulled up, since it ended up snowing by the time we left the restaurant.
It was similar to my experience at The Manor in terms of the service/treatment. The waiters/waitresses would pull out your chairs, change your dishes and utensils after each dish, clean off your table with one of those scrapey things, and fold your napkin for your if you left the table. The expected service of refilling drinks and checking on us was still up to par. Our waiter, Dominic, was very friendly and his presence was comfortable. I guess he was busy because he was not as attentive as we had to wait a while to order. I am glad he was also willing to take a picture of our group for us. The food took a while to be made/served but since I would gladly wait for perfected dishes instead of rushed and sloppy food, I'm okay with that. It was just longer than I usually wait at other high-end restaurants.
We ordered a bottle of red wine, Cabernet sauvignon (one of the bride-to-be's favorite drinks) from Napa valley. It was pretty good. I'm not a big red wine drinker, I like white wine better, but I still enjoyed it.
They start you off with some complimentary bread, you can pick from 3 different kinds. They had butter on the table as well. For my appetizer, I got the scallops; they were mediocre. They were not bad...just not as tender and juicy as they could be! That was disappointing. (Sophie's bistro makes them better! :P) BUT LET ME TELL YOU, they cooked a delicious filet mignon for my main course! It's the 2nd best steak I've ever eaten in my life. I ordered it to be cooked medium because too much redness freaks me out but dryness makes me sad. The favors of the steak were wonderful when eaten with the sauce that accompanied it. I liked that it wasn't salty, just flavorful. Then they gave you a palate cleanser. It was interesting, but more on the good side of interesting. It was sorta like a pre-dessert since it tasted like a buttery ice cream with crisps and crumbs. Then for dessert, I had the coffee souffle! Sooooooo warm, fluffy, soft, and delicious! I was also pleased that it was a decent size. It was a little too sweet for me, but not overbearingly so. It came with 1 quenelle of baileys ice cream sitting on some crumbs so that balanced out the sweetness a bit.
Before we left, everyone was given tiny banana bread loaves to bring home in a super cute bag. I felt like that was a nice touch. I'm not sure if all the guests receive this parting gift or if they gave us special treatment because we were a bachelorette dinner party.
So all in all, I enjoyed my experienced here, but I don't like how small the restaurant is. The bathroom was tiny! I'm a petite girl so if it was even crammed for me...it's pretty small. For such an upscale place, I think they should have a comfortable bathroom. I really do like the appearance of the building and the ambiance and decor though. It's definitely a good place to go out on a date. Although, I did enjoy my food, I don't think the portions were appropriate for the price. The appetizer and main course were small in my opinion. I am glad the dessert was a normal size.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:18 Dinner by Heston Blumenthal opens in Londonby The GuardianFeatured 27,151
- 3:29 Caramel Apple Pie and Mother's Day flowers arrival • 11.05.13by thatxxrin 4 views
- 19:29 DAUNTED BY HOSTING DINNER PARTIES?by webchatsmoderator 2,295 views
- 1:59 Japanese Sushi Restaurant ~ Abroad in Japan Vlogby Juchaeh 4,951 views
- 6:42 Restaurant Reviews of Restaurants We Haven't Been To: Per Seby AlisonRosen 879 views
- 1:56 Minado: a restaurant reviewby MOO3223 2 views
- 5:22 Nick Swardson old peopleby WOAHXxXYUMMIEX3 314,567 views
- 3:04 Bear's Birthday + I eat a dog treatby OtherVideoGirl131 83 views
- 10:15 Professional Dinner Table Decorating Ideasby tuneman1958 49,634 views
- 2:21 Dinner Parties Done Rightby Jennifer Adams 945 views
- 9:24 VLOG: Happy Birthday Rob!by MOO3223 43 views
- 6:23 VLOG: Splitting open watermelons, Volleyball, and Rai Rai Ramenby MOO3223 59 views
- 5:45 65 CANNES GALA DINNER - Chefs and Stars at Film Festival 2012 (HD)by MODEYES 839 views
- 13:43 TO SCHOOL FOR COOL?? (Vlog 5)by Dantalicious 143 views
- 4:01 Dinner at Pizzeria Mozza - Mario Batali's restaurant: VLOG 6 chef julie yoonby chefjulieyoonvideos 1,319 views
- 14:10 Crock Pot Kalua Pork Recipe! What's for Dinner? Noreen's Kitchen!by Noreens Kitchen 1,242 views
- 7:07 Dinner at the Best Restaurant in NY: Per Seby DereksDrinks 13,386 views
- 5:00 Kid Ink Feat Wale & Meek Mill - Bad Assby gyalfreaky 1,118,924 views
- 7:30 Mike's 50th Birthday Roast, Part I, Nicholas and Anthonyby JuergenBerk 399 views
- 6:42 Betty's Mother's Day Table, 2013 -- Mother's Day ✿by bettyskitchen 4,334 views
- Loading more suggestions...