Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 2, 2010
Christians insist that Jesus was nailed to a cross and that after his resurrection, that he showed his disciples the wounds on his hands and his feet. There is not one verse in the Bible that says Jesus was nailed to a cross or that says he showed his wounded hands and feet to anyone. The Bible does say that he was hung on a tree or from a timber.
These four verses claim that the two thieves received the same punishment that Jesus did. They all say the thieves were crucified.
Matthew 27:38 "Then were there two thieves crucified with him, one on the right hand, and another on the left."
Mark 15:27 "And with him they crucify two thieves; the one on his right hand, and the other on his left."
Luke 23:33 "And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left."
John 19:18 "Where they crucified him, and two other with him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst."
However, this verse says they were hung, so clearly, to be crucified means to be hung.
Luke 23:39 "And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us."
This is not the same word which was used to describe Judas being hung. That word clearly meant to be choked or strangled, but, crucifixion certainly must mean to be suspended from something, and the method used may have varied.
Gunnar Samuelsson, evangelical pastor as well as a New Testament scholar, has made the same claims as I have. "The Gospels do not say Jesus was crucified, Gunnar Samuelsson says. In fact, he argues, in the original Greek, the ancient texts reveal only that Jesus carried "some kind of torture or execution device" to a hill where "he was suspended". "Samuelsson bases his claim on studying 900 years' worth of ancient texts in the original languages - Hebrew, Latin and Greek, which is the language of the New Testament. He spent three years reading for 12 hours a day, he says, and he noticed that the critical word normally translated as "crucify" doesn't necessarily mean that."
See the article "Gospels don't say Jesus was crucified, scholar claims"
See also this article were it is explained that all the lexicons are in error, and we really don't know what a "stauros" (the word translated as "cross") was, or what "stauroun" (the verb translated as "crucify") really meant.
Standard YouTube License
- 13:53 Seven Last Words of Jesus Christby FelixJrBayona Featured 1,640
- 1:20:47 Bart Ehrman on his loss of faith - Michael Licona vs. Bart D. Ehrmanby ThomisticTheist1,093 views
- 9:22 Historical Errors / Contradictions of Luke Pt 5by ForBibletruth1,212 views
- 9:21 Proof of Jesus? Pt 1- The Magic Coin Pt1by ForBibletruth2,492 views
- 10:59 NEW EVIDENCES JESUS CHRIST IS A BLACK MAN WATCH AND JUDGE !by YAHQUBAHABINU75,231 views
- 1:38:41 NOT for the immature! Zionist Antichrist will rule the NWOby DutchLionFrans296,776 views
- 8:15 Archaeologists say Bible, Quran &Torah are Egyptian myth!!!by micap2007855,783 views
- 10:11 The True Christ-1 John 4:1-6by ForBibletruth4,513 views
- 8:05 Josephus-What Christians?by ForBibletruth2,895 views
- 1:34:44 The Book of Revelations Full Movie- The Revelation of Jesus Christ,by Shyju Joseph1,041,558 views
- 10:00 Justin Martyr-Jesus is a Mythby ForBibletruth2,616 views
- 9:55 Jesus is the Antichrist Pt1by ForBibletruth18,626 views
- 9:24 Christianity is a Fraudby ForBibletruth20,386 views
- 10:04 Did Jesus ever exist?by ForBibletruth10,739 views
- 15:51 The Top Ten Lies of Christianityby Styxhexenhammer66654,073 views
- 9:01 15 Gethsemene Where Jesus Prayed for Usby Cindy Rockney12,114 views
- 1:27:52 Does The Bible Misquote Jesus? (Debate, 2010)by Nazam4468,154 views
- 4:25:05 4 Hours of Non Stop uplifting Christian Musicby Justin Little1,004,782 views
- 11:36 The Power Of The Pentagramby SirisKing2,486 views
- 8:48 Historical Errors / Contradictions of Luke Pt 1by ForBibletruth1,468 views
- Loading more suggestions...