Political Borders of Europe from 1519 to 2006
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 11, 2007
** NEW (Jan/2011) THIS VIDEO HAS BEEN CITED IN AN ACADEMIC ARTICLE (read more below)
The link to the article is here: http://tinyurl.com/374xjyt
TITLE: Democratic Public Discourse in the Coming
The main purpose of this article is to tackle the problem of living together -- as
dignified human beings -- in a certain territory in the field of social
philosophy, on the theoretical grounding ensured by some remarkable
exponents of the Austrian School − and by means of the praxeologic method.
Because political tools diminish the human nature not only of those who use
them, but also of those who undergo their effects, people can live a life worthy
of a human being only as members of some autarchic or self-governing
communities. As a spontaneous order, every autarchic community is
inherently democratic, inasmuch as it makes possible free involvement,
peaceful coordination, free expression and the free reproduction of ideas. The
members of autarchic communities are moral individuals who avoid
aggression, practice self-control, seek a dynamical efficiency and establish
(together with their fellow human beings) a democratic public discourse.
Keywords: democracy, democratic public discourse, libertarian, self-control,
non-aggression axiom, spontaneous order, autarchic community
META: RESEARCH IN HERMENEUTICS, PHENOMENOLOGY, AND PRACTICAL PHILOSOPHY VOL. II, NO. 2 / 2010: 386-409, ISSN 2067-3655, www.metajournal.org
----------------------------- *********************************** --------------------------------
OTHER MAP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwsmzH...
Explore more at http://home.zonnet.nl/gerardvonhebel/
I just got the pictures they have on their site, added the dates and morphed them in sequence.
Pay special attention to the area that is now called Germany. So much change in so little time.
Music: Johannes Brahms - Waltz (1865)
Note: I am not affiliated with the websites, I just made this out of pure curiosity.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Requiem In D Minor, K. 626: 3. Sequentia: Confutatis" on
Ljubljana Vladislav Tscherneshenko
- 5:15 The Difference between the United Kingdom, Great Britain and England Explainedby CGP Grey Featured 5,039,899
- 47:33 História das Religiões do Mundo - As Antigas Religiões do Mediterrâneo.by Carlos Alberto Didier33,076 views
- 6:40 Политическая карта мира.by vcentresobitiy884,969 views
- 4:47 Why People Hate The USAby theresident4,882,740 views
- 4:47 World Battleground, 1000 years of war in 5 minutesby kolomaire2,540,292 views
- 4:13 THE GENETIC HISTORY OF EUROPE BC 6000 -BC 1000by SabirOnogur246,348 views
- 7:59 The History Of Europe Part 1 (Ancient History)by MervueMeringue119,417 views
- 7:02 Lectii clasice de agatatby azureboat252,940 views
- 2:18 Political Borders of Germany from 1789 to 2005by gilgtc263,799 views
- 2:03 real map of Europeby kolioification202,448 views
- 7:41 The Rise and Fall of Austria or the Habsburg Empire / Österreichby Paul Riet245,874 views
- 2:40 Map of Future East Europe and Balkansby Suursaadik132,841 views
- 23:34 Richard Dawkins - A Grande Questão - Legendado - Pt Brby Richard Dawkins13,767 views
- 1:38 Lithuania Borders 1240 - 2010by Alian Alis78,610 views
- 10:01 Historical maps 1 - World War IIby Artus Oda164,094 views
- 8:00 The History Of Europe Part 2 (The Roman Empire)by MervueMeringue49,727 views
- 6:40 2000 Years of History (1000 BC - 1000 AD)by TitusLabienus429,759 views
- 4:47 There was nothing before Islam!by CapnOrdinary217,872 views
- 22:15 Crossing the line at the border: Part IIby PBSNeedtoKnow52,237 views
- 4:43 Borders of Poland 990-2010by catholicwood141,589 views
- Loading more suggestions...