Santa Fe RailRoad "Pay Day" - 1950's American Trains
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 14, 2011
A serious while often humorous look at what happens if railroad employees don't do their job correctly. Follow the adventures of a new TV as it suffers all sorts of bad treatment on its journey from manufacturer to the new owner via the Santa Fe Railroad. There's all sorts of staged mishaps to see - from derailments, heavy shunting, hotboxes and various other problems to ensure the new Motorola Television doesn't arrive in one piece!
The Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway (reporting mark ATSF), often abbreviated as Santa Fe, was one of the larger railroads in the United States. The company was first chartered in February 1859. Although the railway was named in part for the capital of New Mexico, its main line never reached there as the terrain made it too difficult to lay the necessary tracks (Santa Fe was ultimately served by a branch line from Lamy, New Mexico). The Santa Fe's first tracks reached the Kansas/Colorado state line in 1873, and connected to Pueblo, Colorado in 1876. In order to help fuel the railroad's profitability, the Santa Fe set up real estate offices and sold farm land from the land grants that the railroad was awarded by Congress; these new farms would create a demand for transportation (both freight and passenger service) that was offered by the Santa Fe.
Ever the innovator, Santa Fe was one of the pioneers in intermodal freight service, an enterprise that (at one time or another) included a tugboat fleet and an airline: the short-lived Santa Fe Skyway. A bus line allowed the company to extend passenger transportation service to areas not accessible by rail, and ferry boats on the San Francisco Bay allowed travelers to complete their westward journeys all the way to the Pacific Ocean. The Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway officially ceased operations on December 31, 1996, when it merged with the Burlington Northern Railroad to form the Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway.
Standard YouTube License
- 11:09 Santa Fe Odyssey Volume-1by GreenFrogVideosFeatured 44,297
- 27:11 Santa Fe Railroad 1954 - "Challenge for Tomorrow" - Train & Railway Documentaryby wdtvlive42 24,914 views
- 17:50 Trains on fire - Pennsylvania Railroad 1955 - "What in Blazes" - Historic Trains in Americaby wdtvlive42 410,167 views
- 13:52 Railroad Safety Film "Count the seconds" - Santa Fe Railroad Trainingby wdtvlive42 37,556 views
- 10:43 The Passenger Train - 1955 - Historic Santa Fe Railroad Trains in Americaby wdtvlive42 92,643 views
- 55 videos Play all Railroadsby johnkun77
- 6:12 World's Worst Maintained Railroad: Out of the Woodsby DelayInBlock 119,175 views
- 18:40 "Nickel Plate Story" 1953 - American Trains & Railroad Historyby wdtvlive42 7,982 views
- 39:07 A Great Railroad at Work - 1942 American Railroads & Trains Documentaryby Ella73TV2 94,993 views
- 28:02 Santa Fe Railroad 1959 - "Better way for the Santa Fe" - Trains in the USAby wdtvlive42 17,386 views
- 25:54 Railroadin' - 1941 History and Operation of Railroads in the United States of Americaby wdtvlive42 48,257 views
- 19:05 "Mainline USA" - American Railroads in 1957 - freight & passenger trains documentary filmby wdtvlive42 22,965 views
- 26:12 New York Central Railroad - 1950's - "The Big Train"by wdtvlive42 21,090 views
- 22:21 Southern Railway System "Via Sevier" - Historic American Trains - Railroadsby wdtvlive42 13,762 views
- 24:44 Train film - "The Freight Yard" - New York Central RailRoad 1950's Trains in Americaby wdtvlive42 33,259 views
- 2:09 Railroad Sold For 1 Dollarby kcratv 6,455 views
- 11:34 1950's Train Safety Film - Dangerous Playground by Southern Pacific RailRoadby wdtvlive42 15,134 views
- 10:04 Union Pacific RailRoad 1940's film "Look Listen and Live" - car safety at railroad crossingsby PoathTV 35,367 views
- 10:50 Troop Train in 1943 - US Trains and Railroads war effort newsreelby wdtvlive42 11,069 views
- 9:33 Northwestern Pacific RailRoad "Cabride" 1914 - RailRoads in Americaby wdtvlive42 10,111 views
- 6:24 Historic American Railroad Action - "Something about freight trains"by Ella73TV2 21,390 views
- Loading more suggestions...