"Islam brings hope and comfort",says President George W.Bush
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 8, 2008
¥T UPDATE 21 April 2009:
I will remove ALL comments that attempt to degrade other YouTubers based on gender,race,religion or sexual orientation.This is My SOP since December 2007.I'm not the U.S.Government.You have no right to obscenity here!
Be civil or be GONE.
Argue with him if you don't like it.No one forced him to say it.
This video has no copyright for Americans as it was produced by the Federal Government.
5 December 2002
President George W. Bush marks Eid al-Fitr, the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, with an address at the Islamic Center of Washington, D.C., Thursday, Dec. 5,2002
White House photo by Paul Morse
THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much, sir. It's good to be with you again. And it is my honor to visit the Islamic Center of Washington once again.
For half a century, this beautiful mosque has served as a place of worship for Muslims and has helped to advance understanding between people of different faiths. Millions of our fellow Americans practice the Muslim faith. They lead lives of honesty and justice and compassion.
I am pleased to join you today in the celebration of Eid, the culmination of the Holy Month of Ramadan. I appreciate so very much Dr. Khouj, and I want to thank the other distinguished imam from the Washington, D.C. area. Thank you all for being here. And I enjoyed our visit. I also appreciate the Muslim schoolchildren who are here, telling me stories and reading poems and showing the art work. Please tell them thanks again for their hospitality.
Islam traces its origins back to God's call on Abraham. And Ramadan commemorates the revelation of God's word in the Holy Koran to the prophet Mohammad -- a word that is read and recited with special attention and reverence by Muslims during this season.
Over the past month, Muslims have fasted, taking no food or water during daylight hours, in order to refocus their minds on faith and redirect their hearts to charity. Muslims worldwide have stretched out a hand of mercy to those in need. Charity tables at which the poor can break their fast line the streets of cities and towns. And gifts of food and clothing and money are distributed to ensure that all share in God's abundance. Muslims often invite members of other families to their evening iftar meals, demonstrating a spirit of tolerance.
During Eid al-Fitr, Muslims celebrate the completion of their fast and the blessings of renewed faith that have come with it. Customs vary between countries -- from illuminating lanterns in Egypt to lighting firecrackers in Pakistan, to inviting elders to traditional feasts in Niger. Around the world, families and neighbors and friends gather to share traditional foods, and congratulate each other on meeting the test of Ramadan.
The spirit behind this holiday is a reminder that Islam brings hope and comfort to more than a billion people worldwide. Islam affirms God's justice and insists on man's moral responsibility. This holiday is also an occasion to remember that Islam gave birth to a rich civilization of learning that has benefitted mankind.
Here in the United States our Muslim citizens are making many contributions in business, science and law, medicine and education, and in other fields. Muslim members of our Armed Forces and of my administration are serving their fellow Americans with distinction, upholding our nation's ideals of liberty and justice in a world at peace. And in our Nation's Capital, this center contributes greatly to our spiritual and cultural life.
On behalf of Laura and our family and the American people, I bring our best wishes to all who worship here, and to Muslims throughout the world for a joyous Eid, and for health and happiness and prosperity in the year to come.
Eid Mubarak. God bless.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:03 Thanks to George Bush, We converted to Islam !!by iaa88Featured 211,824
- 6:48 Proof George W. Bush is Krazy!by Ron Corvus 502,727 views
- 8:31 President George W. Bush said "Islam is a noble faith"by AuroraKismet 119,699 views
- 0:38 Bush speaks out about muslims and Islam.by IslamicImpressions 38,293 views
- 12:57 Will Ferrell: Bush & Bushby monstersnatch 33,733 views
- George W. Bush 79,937 videos217
- 10:59 The President Who Told The TRUTH!!!by gtols11980 835,271 views
- 4:17 GWB's entire "Islam is Peace" speechby gunzip0 8,493 views
- 2:22 Toni Blair, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton talk about Islamby Zakaria1203 10,125 views
- 90 videos Play all Best Wishes for Allby bashirfahim
- 1:56 Bush is a universalist?by Cascadian1 60,119 views
- 25:17 911 WHAT REALLY HAPPENED ?? See with your own eyesby yvonne bailey 910,614 views
- 1:24 George W. Bush and Bill Clinton Tell How Peaceful the Islamic Religion is!by Rand-Rose Foreman 570 views
- 10:41 BANNED INTERVIEW with George Bush Jr. US Presidentby Dan K Schroeder 93,653 views
- 8:27 W Cries & Laura Bush Adds "This House Belongs To Those Who Will Never Have A Portrait Here"by Greg Hengler 95,504 views
- 13:26 Funny George Bush Bloopersby Helge Møen 48,799 views
- 0:25 Bush Confession - What they don't want you to seeby g35suck 1,860,759 views
- 9:24 OBAMA BANNED THIS VIDEO - GEE, I WONDER WHY!.flvby Lea11011 7,721,025 views
- 18:58 Exclusive: Dying Iraq War Veteran Tomas Young Explains Decision to End His Lifeby democracynow 55,642 views
- 0:43 Bill Clinton Confuses George W. Bushby Speakmymind02 400,583 views
- 10:31 Seth Meyers Destroys Donald Trump @ White House Correspondents Dinner 5/1/2011by Gayfurry77777 617,106 views
- 1:35 1 DAY BEFORE 911 WTC Attacks, An Amazing Thing Happenedby projectbojinka 2,339,321 views
- Loading more suggestions...