Preaching Pro-Life on the 21st Sunday of Cycle C
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 21, 2013
Fr. Frank Pavone (http://www.FrFranksBlog.com), National Director of Priests for Life (http://www.PriestsForLife.org), shares thoughts on preaching pro-life on the 21st Sunday of the year, Cycle C (August 25th, 2013).
More liturgical resources are at http://www.ProLifePreaching.com.
A fuller explanation follows.
Heb 12:5-7, 11-13
"We ate and drank in your company and you taught in our streets." Evidently, that is not enough to be saved. The Gospel today challenges us to be disciples internally, not just externally. We may indeed eat and drink with the Lord: he is among us, we go to Mass, we identify ourselves as Christians to others, we have our sacramental certificates, and we might wear crosses and have other religious symbols around us. But that is not enough.
We may indeed hear the Lord teach in our streets. He continues to teach and proclaim his Gospel every time an ordained minister of the Church gives a homily. We hear the Lord speaking through many others, too, and through our own individual contact with his Word. But still that is not enough.
Discipleship requires obedience to the teaching we hear the Lord give us, and actual union with the one with whom we sit at table. This has implications for our pro-life stance. It is not and cannot be enough simply to "be" pro-life, in the sense that we "believe" abortion is wrong, "oppose" it, or have the right viewpoint. Attitudinal opposition to abortion has to translate into behavioral opposition, not just in the sense that we would never participate in it, but in the sense that we do not tolerate it. On the contrary, we reach out and intervene to save others who are being aborted by the choice of others.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:14:46 No Matter What, Serve The House ❃Bishop T D Jakes❃by MarriageSermons Bishop T.D Jakes53,794 views
- 51:25 Nothing Just Happens ❃Bishop T D Jakes❃by MarriageSermons Bishop T.D Jakes82,287 views
- 1:21:14 Breaking The Cycle Of Pain ❃Bishop T D Jakes❃by MarriageSermons Bishop T.D Jakes28,366 views
- 1:02:03 The Best of George Carlin: Exposing our government and fall of humanity one joke at a timeby BrainFeed.ca1,185,832 views
- 1:00:30 Commitment ❃Bishop T D Jakes❃by MarriageSermons Bishop T.D Jakes20,556 views
- 37:08 Fr. Frank Pavone at Wisc Right to Life Madison Event May 7 2013by WisconsinRightToLife65 views
- 43:00 Homily 09-11-2011 - Fr. Frank Pavone - Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Timeby EWTN3,131 views
- 3:10 Preaching Pro-Life on the 34th Sunday of Cycle C - Solemnity of Christ the Kingby priestsforlife82 views
- 4:24 Florida Right to Life Pro-Life Leader Forum Invitation 2by FloridaRightToLife103 views
- 31:35 Joel Osteen - Get Over It - Sun, 15 April 2013by Joshua Solomon414,200 views
- 1:56 Preaching Pro-Life on the 33rd Sunday of Cycle Cby priestsforlife57 views
- 4:14 Sunday Cycleby Fraser Vanderwel100 views
- 2:00 Preaching Pro-Life on the 32nd Sunday of Cycle Cby priestsforlife47 views
- 59:56 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time, October 14, 2012by Mary Heater16 views
- 2:53 Preaching Pro-Life on Easter Sunday, Cycle Cby priestsforlife66 views
- 6:16 Black Madonna Pro-Life Pilgrimage Across North Americaby HLI DotOrg3,278 views
- 3:02 Preaching Pro-Life on the First Sunday of Advent, Year Aby priestsforlife31 views
- 56:09 T.D. Jakes Preaching "Dangerous Deliverance" Most Powerful Sermonby Pastor Lorenzo Edwards167,839 views
- 31:06 Joel Osteen - Dont Feed Trash To Your Heartby 234karthikeyan315,977 views
- 2:37 Priest challenges Pelosi to condemn abortion or quit churchby foxnewstest816 views
- Loading more suggestions...