Enhancing Web 2.0 Accessibility Via AxsJAX: A Tutorial at Google - Charles L....
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 2, 2008
Google Tech Talks
July 15, 2008
Google is the Web's premier creator of user-friendly Web 2.0 applications, and we have long viewed it as part of our mission to do for users in the long tail (AKA users with special needs) what we've achieved for the mainstream user see this Google I/O talk entitled Design Patterns for Enhanced Accessibility for background. Accessibility 2.0 is now a hot topic on the Web and we would like to move from a world where AJAX applications were a straight No-No with respect to blind users to a world where these same technologies are used to enhance their usability for everyone.
Google-AxsJAX is an Open Source framework for injecting usability enhancements into Web 2.0 applications. In this talk, Charles Chen and T. V. Raman will give a hands-on tutorial on using AxsJAX. The tutorial will cover the following:
AxsJAX library abstractions built on the above that help Web developers generate relevant feedback via the user's adaptive technology of choice.
Steps in creating fluent eyes-free interaction to Web applications, including enabling rapid access to parts of a complex Web page.
The tutorial will provide a step-by-step walk through in defining AxsJAX enhancements to a Web page including:
An overview of the developer tools we use.
Discovering pain-points in Web interaction and designing improvements iteratively.
And time permitting, we might even demonstrate how Raman now makes up for all the time he save thanks to an efficient eyes-free auditory user interface by playing JawBreaker and reading XKCD via their AxsJAXed versions.
Note that writing AxsJAX enhancements to Web applications can help you win cool swag and bragging rights! The goal of this hands-on tutorial is to help you get there faster!
Speaker: T. V. Raman
T. V. Raman works on auditory interfaces and Web applications at Google.
Speaker: Charles L. Chen
Charles L. Chen is the author of Fire Vox -- http://www.clcworld.net -- an Open Source extension to Firefox that turns Firefox into a talking Web browser.
Standard YouTube License
- 57:12 Burke Lecture: Buddhism in a Global Age of Technologyby UCtelevisionFeatured 75,036
- 1:06:46 BORN AND RAISED IN A CONCENTRATION CAMPby GoogleTechTalks 299,203 views
- 1:04:47 Don't Make Me Clickby GoogleTechTalks 58,425 views
- 55:27 How Cybercriminals Steal Moneyby GoogleTechTalks 134,832 views
- 57:53 Larry Wall Speaks at Googleby GoogleTechTalks 45,643 views
- 9 videos Play all Internetby eduardoasantos1
- 54:23 80:20 rules! - Building software smarterby GoogleTechTalks 35,912 views
- 1:07:18 Do You Fall at the Same Rate as Your Mirror Image?by GoogleTechTalks 2,491 views
- 59:35 The Web That Wasn'tby GoogleTechTalks 59,957 views
- 56:52 Making the Semantic Web Accessible to the Casual Userby GoogleTechTalks 24,156 views
- 3:25:35 Google I/O 2013: Keynoteby GoogleDevelopers 521,439 views
- 37:57 The Clean Code Talks - Don't Look For Things!by GoogleTechTalks 74,574 views
- 1:01:45 Organizing the World's Scientific Knowledge to make it Universally Accessible and Powerful:by GoogleTechTalks 2,234 views
- Web 2.0 66,860 videos439
- 54:31 NOVA: An Interactive Graphics-Scripting Platform for Education and Computational Researchby GoogleTechTalks 1,282 views
- 1:32:06 Theory and Practice of Cryptographyby GoogleTechTalks 55,005 views
- 50:52 Human Engine Optimization: Natural Strategies for High Ranking Healthby GoogleTechTalks 4,883 views
- 46:43 GTAC 2013 Day 1 Closing Keynote: How Facebook Tests Facebook on Androidby GoogleTechTalks 1,244 views
- 34:07 Improvement of Web Accessibility in Japanby GoogleTechTalks 5,858 views
- 58:21 Genesis: A Startup College to Reach the Forgotten Youth of Japanby GoogleTechTalks 1,022 views
- 1:26:43 A New Kind of Science - Stephen Wolframby UCtelevision 159,661 views
- 1:03:14 How Google Impacts Global Education:by GoogleTechTalks 1,705 views
- Loading more suggestions...