Poison - Nothing But A Good Time
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 7, 2010
1988) The music video features as a restaurant employee washing dishes while listening to the Kiss hit single Rock and Roll All Nite, performed by Poison. The manager enters, turns off the radio, and delivers to the employee a scathing reprimand, reminding the employee that he's being paid "to wash dishes, not to listen to that... that rock 'n' roll," and accusing him of "moving in two speeds: slow, and stop." The manager exits, whereupon the employee abandons the dishes and kicks open a nearby door to reveal a concert hall stage, upon which the band then performs the song. When the song is over, the manager returns, discovering, to his surprise, that all the dishes are washed.
In a decade fueled by party anthems and power ballads, Poison found a high amount of popularity, with only Bon Jovi and Def Leppard outselling them. While the group had a long string of hits, they soon became just as renowned for their stage show, and continued to be a major attraction over the course of their first three albums. Although their success was rather short-lived, one cannot deny the major effect that Poison had on the music industry during their career.
Formerly known as Paris, Poison was formed in 1984 by singer Bret Michaels, bassist Bobby Dall, and drummer Rikki Rockett. After traveling from Harrisburg, PA, to Los Angeles, CA, the band added guitarist C.C. Deville to their lineup. The group was signed to Enigma Records in 1986, where they released their first album, Look What the Cat Dragged In. The record, spawning the Top Ten hits "I Want Action," "Talk Dirty to Me," and "I Won't Forget You," was a surprise success, selling two-million copies within a year following its release.
While the band was already quite popular by the end of 1987, 1988's Open Up & Say...Ahhh! was their commercial breakthrough, due to the massive hits "Fallen Angel," "Nothin' But a Good Time," and "Every Rose Has Its Thorn." After a prosperous tour with David Lee Roth, the group returned to the studio to record Flesh and Blood in 1990. The album, which included the upbeat "Unskinny Bop" and the sentimental "Something to Believe In," was another major success. The dynamic tour supporting the record brought on the release of Swallow This Live, a double-disc set which included live versions of their biggest hits, along with four new studio tracks. The band was secretly falling apart, as an infamous appearance on MTV showed Deville perform nearly half of "Talk Dirty to Me" with his guitar unplugged. The band broke into a brawl backstage after the disastrous performance.
Shortly after the release of Swallow This Live, Poison fired Deville due to his increasing addiction to drugs and alcohol. His replacement, Richie Kotzen, made his commercial debut with the band on the 1993 Native Tongue album, which, despite some strong reviews and a hit single, "Stand," was a commercial disappointment. Kotzen was fired during the subsequent tour, and Blues Saraceno became Poison's third guitarist. The band recorded their fifth studio album, Crack a Smile, for release in 1996, but the record was shelved and replaced with the Greatest Hits: 1986-1996 disc. Toward the end of 1996, Saraceno left and Deville returned to the band, which eventually resulted in a successful reunion tour in the summer of 1999; the Crack a Smile sessions were finally released the following spring, soon followed by the mostly live Power to the People. Another tour was cut short by an accident that left Dall with serious back surgery and at least a six-month break from the band. By the time he got back into shape, the band stepped into the studio and recorded Hollyweird, which was released in the summer of 2002. The following tour was promoted as a nostalgia experience and was funded by VH1. ~ Barry Weber, All Music Guide .
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Nothin' But A Good Time (2006 - Remaster)" on
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Poison - Nothing But A Good Time
- 5:29 Poison - Something To Believe Inby emimusic Featured 3,774,217
- 1:42:36 AC/DC - Greatest Hits 2011 (Full/Completo)by Viktor Krum Khãnn982,666 views
- 4:57 Poison - Unskinny Bop (video oficial)by andrespg892,050,572 views
- 4:03 Poison - Talk Dirty To Meby emimusic4,833,779 views
- 5:05 ZZ Top - Legs (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO)by RhinoEntertainment829,612 views
- 4:56 DEF LEPPARD - "Pour Some Sugar On Me" (Official Music Video)by Def Leppard4,870,581 views
- 12:55 Guns N' Roses - Knocking On Heaven's Door Live In Tokyo 1992 HDby Mitsos Fragopoulos20,797,330 views
- 4:16 Poison - Fallen Angel videoby Mark Nemec4,308,860 views
- 5:16 DEF LEPPARD - "Armageddon It" (Official Music Video)by Def Leppard724,488 views
- 4:17 Poison-Every Rose Has Its Thornby OutsiderVen237,655,672 views
- 15:00 80s Metal Bands A to Z : Full Version - Heavy Metal Bands from the 1980sby The Great 80s516,797 views
- 4:34 Great White - Once Bitten Twice Shyby emimusic2,635,960 views
- 5:38 Steel Panther - Nothin But a Good Timeby gnfr31076,503 views
- 4:15 Joan Jett - I Hate Myself For Loving You [ Original HQ ]by spacialkritur11,772,581 views
- 6:58 Queen - somebody to loveby intergalactic journey34,706,338 views
- 4:20 The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary (music video) HDby 80sClassicMetal3,253,803 views
- 6:50 Guns N' Roses - Paradise Cityby GunsNRosesVEVO57,969,783 views
- 4:35 Motley Crue - Girls, Girls, Girls [HD]by xikomadrid171,399,538 views
- 4:34 Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock (Official Video)by RhinoEntertainment9,908,003 views
- 4:13 Poison - Ride The Windby emimusic728,051 views
- Loading more suggestions...