Burj Khalifa ,The world's tallest tower
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 4, 2010
The world's tallest tower, 'Burj Khalifa' is 828 metres (2,716.5 ft) high
Dubai, UAE; January 4, 2010: The world's tallest tower, developed by Emaar Properties, was unveiled tonight to a crowd of thousands and the world in a crescendo of fireworks, lasers and fountain displays.
The official height of the tower, unveiled as 'Burj Khalifa', was announced as 828 metres (2,716.5 ft).
A closely guarded secret, the official height of Burj Khalifa was flashed onto a giant screen before an estimated crowd of more than 400,000, as lasers and fireworks lit up the night sky.
Fireworks cascaded from the tower's spire to the base and lasers blazed out from all levels leaving the crowds awestruck.
The height was disclosed in arithmetic progression, with the numbers being flashed onto the screen, one after another. The tower's height breaks all existing world records for tall buildings.
Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world according to the three main criteria of the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH). The CTBUH ranks the worlds tallest buildings based on Height to Architectural Top, Height to Highest Occupied Floor and Height to Tip.
At 828 metres (2,716.5ft), Burj Khalifa is 320 metres taller than Taipei 101, which at 508 metres (1,667 ft) had held the record for the worlds tallest building measured to the architectural top since 2004, the year the project was announced.
Burj Khalifa achieved the distinction of being the world's tallest structure surpassing the KVLY-TV mast (628.8 metres; 2,063 ft) in North Dakota, USA 1,325 days after excavation work started in January 2004.
The tower also beats the 31-year-old record of CN Tower, which at 553.33 metres (1,815.5 ft) had been the worlds tallest free-standing structure on land since 1976.
Burj Khalifa employs a record-breaking 330,000 cubic metres of concrete, 39,000 metric tonnes of steel rebar and 142,000 square metres of glass; and it took 22 million man hours to build.
Other world records for Burj Khalifa include the highest occupied floor in the world, at over 550 metres (1,800 ft); the highest outdoor observation deck in the world At the Top on Level 124; and the tallest service elevator, which travels to a height of 504 metres (1,654 ft).
Mr. Mohamed Alabbar, Chairman, Emaar Properties, said that with the unveiling of the final height of Burj Khalifa, the world now had a new reference point for high-rise developments.
Burj Khalifa is an example of collaboration on a global scale, and the tremendous positive energy that can be generated when people from all over the world come together to work towards a common goal. Thousands of professionals and skilled workers from around the world worked on this once-in-a-lifetime project.
More than 60 of the worlds leading consultants including South Koreas Samsung Corporation and New York-based Turner Construction International realised the design for Burj Khalifa of Chicago-based Skidmore, Owings and Merrill (SOM), he said.
Burj Khalifa employed the latest advances in wind engineering, structural engineering, structural systems, construction materials and methods. All design considerations took into account the 12,000 people who will live and work in the tower. The handover to residents of the various components of Burj Khalifa will begin in February.
With a total built-up area of about 6 million sq ft, Burj Khalifa features nearly 2 million sq ft of residential space and over 300,000 sq ft of prime office space, in addition to the area occupied by the keenly awaited Armani Hotel Dubai and the Armani Residences. The tower also features modern lifestyle amenities including clubs, health and fitness facilities, gourmet restaurants and the 124th floor observation deck, 'At the Top.'
Burj Khalifa is the focal point of the 500-acre mega-project by Emaar Properties, described as the new heart of Dubai.
(aka Burj Dubai)
Music: What A Feeling (Irene Cara)
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Bodies" on
- 43:04 DUBAI: The Greatest City On Earthby Anthony Elliott1,217,052 views
- 7:47 539 метров KVLY-TVby nikansh122,555 views
- 45:00 Ultimate Dubai Airport - Episode 2 - National Geographicby wojasrobert226,682 views
- 6:07 Burj Khalifa (Burj Dubai) Construction - Animation - U.A.E.by KurdishStudent1,687,439 views
- 49:59 Burj Al Arab — Dubai's Dream Palace — Megastructuresby Dubai Video158,967 views
- 49:47 The Palm Island, Dubai UAE - Megastructure Developmentby GC Privé | Luxury Asset Specialists739,945 views
- 10:05 Observation deck on the 124th floor, Burj Khalifa (aka Burj Dubai)by Russell Magdytch32,551 views
- 9:55 Burj Khalifa Dubai HD 1080p - AT THE TOP - my visit at the observation deckby MrPeterGER93,992 views
- 25 videos Play all Library Architectureby bankofam
- 0:35 KVLY TV tower - tallest structure in the worldby jku3000262,737 views
- 13:58 Dubai Expo 2020 - Burj Khalifa Showby Naseer Homoud9,528 views
- 3:25 Burj Khalifa Life After Peopleby rct3manofjapan42,639 views
- 1:03 Vertical Access on the Tallest Tower in the World - 2003 - CN Towerby teameiger153,809 views
- 6:35 Construction Burj Khalifa (Burj Dubai)by Diego Madroñal185,546 views
- 5:08 RIDE TO THE TOP OF A TV TOWER!by Bob Wundrock80,380 views
- 10:01 National Geographic - Megastructures Dubai's Dream Palace - Part Three - In HDby RodigoLazEarthLifeHD47,650 views
- 3:27 burj khalifa apartmentby Max Valentino320,571 views
- 5:58 Burj Dubai Burj Khalifa opening ceremony worlds tallest building tower 4 January 2010by KurdishStudent47,669 views
- 3:12 From the top of the Burj Khalifa's spire 828 m (aka Burj Dubai) video , 31 December 2009by Imre Solt1,103,409 views
- 10:55 Journey to Burj Khalifa (Burj Dubai) رحلة الى برج خليفة برج دبي سابقاby Firas Sameer27,116 views