Fukushima: Lethal Levels of Radiation & the Implications (Arnie Gundersen)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 4, 2011
TEPCO has discovered locations on the Fukushima plant site with lethal levels of external gamma radiation. Fairewinds takes a close look at how this radiation might have been deposited and how similar radioactive material would have been released offsite.
Japanese Air to be at Least 300 times Worse than Chernobyl (Chris Busby)1/5
Fukushima Detects Highest Level of Radiation YET !!! 8/1/11 YIKES!
Highest radioactivity level detected at nuke plant
The operator of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant says it has detected 10,000 millisieverts of radioactivity per hour at the plant. The level is the highest detected there since the nuclear accident in March.
Workers of Tokyo Electric Power Company, or TEPCO, on Monday measured the extremely high level of radioactivity near pipes at the bottom of a duct between the No.1 and neighboring No.2 reactor buildings.
According to the science ministry's brochure, if a human received 10,000 millisieverts, they would likely die within a week or two.
TEPCO has restricted access to the site and the surrounding area.
The utility says the workers taking measurements on Monday were exposed to up to 4 millisieverts.
The utility says the high level of radioactivity was detected because the pipes were used to vent air containing radioactive substances from the crippled No.1 reactor on March 12th.
The utility had detected a maximum of 1,000 millisieverts per hour outdoors in debris, and also found a maximum of 4,000 millisieverts per hour indoors in one of the reactor buildings.
Tuesday, August 02, 2011 06:33 +0900 (JST)
*Note: Single radiation dose of 2,000 millisieverts (200,000 millirems) and above causes serious illness. See also exposure list below.
Half-life of some radioactive elements
[NOTE: Half-life is the time taken for a radioactive substance to decay by half.] * Cesium-134 ~ 2 years * Cesium-137 ~ 30 years * Iodine-131 ~ 8 days * Plutonium-239 ~ 24,200 years * Ruthenium-103 ~ 39 days [Ruthenium is a fission product of uranium-235.] * Ruthenium-106 ~ 374 days * Strontium-90 ~ 28.85 years [Strontium-90 is a product of nuclear fission and is found in large amounts in spent nuclear fuel and in radioactive waste from nuclear reactors.] * Uranium-234 ~ 246,000 years * Uranium-235 ~ 703.8 million years * Uranium-238 ~ 4.468 billion years
gamma rays, alpha particles, beta particles, neutrons, uranium, plutonium, mox fuel, spent fuel rods, cooling pools, nuclear meltdown, JapanFocus.org, kyodo news, chain reaction, chlorine-38, chlorine-37, seawater, fukushima daiichi, today, update, newest information, splitting atoms, water into pacific ocean, TEPCO, Tokyo Electric power company, GE, Earthquake, tsunami, aftershocks, fault line, fission, isotype Te-129, half life, halflife, reactor core, inadvertent criticality, chernobyl on steroids, dosimeters, roentgens, boron, daughter products, satellite image, crane camera view, update on crisis in Japan, The Great Eastern Japan Earthquake, rescue, Arnie Gunderson, Fairewinds Associates, fairewinds.com, nutron bursts, neutron bursts, strange isotope, nuclear reactors, chain reaction, table of elements, decay, iodine 131, high levels, units 1 2 3 4 5 6, telerium, part of core undergoing periodic nuclear fission, extra heat, extra radiation, neutrons, difficult to measure, doses of radiation difficult to measure, portion of core periodically turning itself on, boiled seawater, aerial view of fukushima daiichi after explosion, water, crane cam, hydrogen explosion, polymer, compound, filter curtains, containment plan, high levels of radiation, remote control robot, rising water levels, radioactive substances, suppession pool, containment vessel, storage pool, nitrogen injection, salt removal, water purification, environmental monitoring, evacuation zone, decontamination, residents, cooling system * fukushima * fukashima * fukishima * daiichi * daichi * dai-ichi * daini * japanese * government * japan * tokyo * electric * power * company * tepco * kansai * nisa * kyusu * chubu * ge * storm * landslides * flood * water * table * radioactive * isotopes * christopher * busby * false * flag * agaenda * 21 * nwo * atomic * weapons * cold * shutdown * trouble * cooling * system * decontamination * nnsa * jaczko * genoside * leuren * moret * strutnex * virus * black * rain * hot * particles * fort * calhoun * nrc * perry * ohio * meltdown * reactor * evacuation * exclusion * zone
- 4:51 BREAKING!! EPA Finds Radiation 300% Over Limits In Milk and Drinking Water In 13 US Citiesby AwakeInLA 7,664 views
- 4:05 Dr. Michio Kaku Says America Has A Secret Super Weaponby AllHistoryVideos 908,444 views
- 13:04 Japan using Fukushima people as human Guinnea Pigsby MsMilkytheclown 41,273 views
- 14:59 1/5 Fukushima Global Genocide Plan Explained by Leuren Moretby MsMilkytheclown 8,133 views
- 58:32 Helen Caldicott - The Truth About Fukushima - Nsearch Radioby projectnsearch 9,027 views
- 9:58 Dr Helen Caldicott - Fukushima Nuclear Disaster ~ The Final Epitaph for News Mediaby frothnblither 14,797 views
- 7:20 Thom Hartmann: Fukushima...what you haven't been hearing and whyby TheBigPictureRT 5,107 views
- 10:51 US prepared to BOMB Fukushima...☢ Update for 6/12/11by MsMilkytheclown 50,099 views
- 58:32 Helen Caldicott: The Medical Implications of Fukushima, Nuclear Power and Nuclear Proliferation (HD)by sugminbajstolle 9,791 views
- 14:58 Fukushima Like the TITANIC (Christopher Busby) p1 of 2by MsMilkytheclown 6,295 views
- 4:08 Core Concerns - Fears After Fukushima Nuclear Disasterby NuclearHealth 623 views
- 3:08 Japan's Fukushima 'worst in history'by AlJazeeraEnglish 80,149 views
- 7:56 Hartmann - Fukushima...is this the China Syndrome?by TheBigPictureRT 46,375 views
- 14:45 Japanese Air to be at Least 300 times Worse than Chernobyl (Chris Busby)3/5by MsMilkytheclown 1,289 views
- 2:17 Huge fish in Chernobylby voiox 1,006,055 views
- 18:56 Fukushima Nowby DatelineSBS 15,330 views
- 9:54 Japan Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Fallout You wont hear this on any mainstream newsby vokillist 1,996 views
- 9:54 Dr Helen Caldicott - Fukushima Nuclear Disaster- You won't hear this on the Main Stream News.by angeltorz 152,508 views
- 6:09 Fukushima More Scary Details Arnie Gundersen 10/31/11by MsMilkytheclown 11,554 views
- 40:51 Nuclear Power 101 Explained by Arnie Gundersenby Martin Hill 1,071 views
- Loading more suggestions...