The Future of Food - Trailer
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 14, 2009
Full film available here: http://www.videoproject.com/fut-973-d...
There is a revolution happening in the farm fields and on the dinner tables of America a revolution that is transforming the very nature of the food we eat.
The Future of Food offers an in-depth exploration of several important developments in agriculture today including the diminishment of biodiversity, patenting of life, loss of family farms, consolidation of seed companies and the globalization of our food system. Using genetically engineered crops as a primary cause and result of these new developments, the film delves into the disturbing truth behind the unlabeled, patented, genetically engineered foods that have quietly filled the worlds grocery stores for the past decade.
From the prairies of Saskatchewan, Canada to the fields of Oaxaca, Mexico, The Future of Food gives a voice to farmers whose lives and livelihoods have been negatively impacted by new, patented GMO seeds. The film uses animation to explain the process of recombinant DNA technology which allows genetic engineering, the movement of DNA from one species to another. The legal foundations for, and consequences of, patenting life are explored in depth. The health implications, government policies and push towards globalization are presented as some of the reasons why many people are alarmed by the takeover of our food supply by corporations and their genetically engineered crops. The global battle over agricultural genetic engineering is as fierce now as ever.
Shot on location in the U.S., Canada and Mexico, and contrasting local trends with global realities, The Future of Food examines the complex web of market and political forces that are changing what we eat as huge multinational corporations seek to control the worlds food system. The film also explores alternatives to large-scale industrial agriculture, placing organic and sustainable agriculture as real solutions to the farm crisis.
Available from: http://www.videoproject.com
Standard YouTube License
- 4:14 You're Eating What?by Glenn du PreezFeatured 40,517
- 1:28:51 The Future of Food (2004) Documentaryby LeHammockRider 5,905 views
- 13:38 How GMO foods alter organ function and pose a very real health threat to humansby TheHealthRanger 169,773 views
- 6:39 Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) - Myths and Truthsby mercola 87,017 views
- 10:53 Michael Pollan's: "Don't Buy Any Food You've Ever Seen Advertised". Democracy Now 5/14/09 1 of 2by mediagrrl9 161,801 views
- 119 videos Play all Food Politicsby VegConnections
- 5:25 11 YRS OLD EXPOSES MONSANTO AND TELLS MONSANTO WHERE THEY CAN SHOVE IT .. BRAVE CHILD.by renagade12 628,499 views
- 59:55 Vandana Shiva - The Future of Food and Seedby pdxjustice 35,793 views
- 41:31 Interview - Deborah Koons Garcia - The Future of Foodby talkingsticktv 14,329 views
- 7:54 Future of Food (2000) - Part 1 - Maliby USCCanada 40,710 views
- 11:24 GMO Foods, Genetically Modified Organisms, Wake Up America 3by psychetruth 166,720 views
- 6:02 King Corn: The secrets of high fructose corn syrupby joshrubineastwest 54,481 views
- 8:25 Food Matters (PART 1) - First 8 Minutesby foodmatterstv 186,239 views
- 3:29 The Truth about Organic Foodby Price Pottenger 201,120 views
- 57:47 The Future of Food: What Every Person Should Know with Deborah Garciaby Dan Harayda 22,375 views
- 2:56 Forks Over Knives - Trailer #2by ForksOverKnives 285,241 views
- 8:48 The Genetic Conspiracy (1/3) - about Monsantoby peach1981 115,007 views
- 3:20 WORLD ACCORDING TO MONSANTO | TRAILER | M.U.C.K. FILM FESTIVALby muckFilmFestival 17,983 views
- 3:17 Processed People - Promo trailer #1by headveg 90,107 views
- 3:05 Genetic Engineering Animationby Tom Booker 237,979 views
- 2:36 Genetic Modification - The Movie!by robbierandom 34,567 views
- Loading more suggestions...