CCTV: Vancouver Police Shoving Down 90 Pound Woman with Multiple Sclerosis in Downtown Eastside
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 22, 2010
Three fat stupid criminal pigs doing what they always do.
The B.C. Civil Liberties Association is demanding an explanation from the Vancouver Police Department after a surveillance video surfaced showing an officer pushing a disabled woman to the ground.
The video was taken at the beginning of the month on the sidewalk on Hastings Street, near the crowded United We Can recycling centre.
The woman, who has multiple sclerosis, appears to brush an officer who is walking with two others.
The officer shoves the woman to the ground and the three stand over her before walking away, leaving her lying on the ground.
There is no sound on the video, so it's not known if the woman threatened the officers, but David Eby of the Civil Liberties Association says there appears to have been no reason for the shove.
"We imagine she would be hauled off and handcuffed if she said something threatening to the officers. It's clear that they didn't see grounds for arrest, but even if they did it is hard to imagine that the force that they used was appropriate.
"She looks like she weighs about 90 pounds in the video. She is clearly disabled. We in fact know that she does have MS and there was no need for any use of force," Eby said.
Eby said such an incident wouldn't happen in Kerrisdale or Point Grey, and it shouldn't happen in the Downtown Eastside.
The professional standards section of the Vancouver Police Department is investigating.
At a news conference Thursday afternoon, Const. Jana McGuinness said the officer has been on the force for little more than a year and is still out on patrol.
She said the officer reported the incident to his supervisor immediately, which initiated an investigation.
McGuinness said the officer apologized to the woman a short time after the incident, expressing regret for his initial action and for not helping her up.
Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-colu...
Standard YouTube License
- 9:43 MAN TASED BY BORED UTAH COP...AND GETS $40,000!by MackFeatured 4,936,564
- 2:42 Cop accidentally shoots gun in classroom full of kids.by greg8710 150,025 views
- 1:10 Vancouver 3/17/07 Police Fight With Firefightersby sprintrjm 499,526 views
- 7:58 Parking enforcement CCTV cars don't like the tables being turnedby ShibariShamster 84,780 views
- 6:35 Police Beat a Father To Death While He Begs For Help - Then Arrest Witnesses and Confiscate Videoby Patriot News Organization 115,487 views
- 5:35 Police Brutality with a 10 year old native girl and her father at hotel in winnipegby rstalentsearch 1,305,333 views
- 2:42 FAST 911 FAKES with Ms.Ozzy bin Oswaldby oodalooptodaloo 2,849 views
- 1:48 They Are The Shills - 9/11 Harley Shirt Guy Seerby oodalooptodaloo 909 views
- 3:24 CCTV Footage of accident at Bandra Worli Sea Link.by midday 53,661 views
- 1:25 Alex Jones Is Your Leader You Planehugger Muppet!by Strategic Paralysis Theory meets No Plane Theory 2,788 views
- 3:54 Kelowna RCMP Police Brutalityby David Barkes 88,221 views
- 4:47 Killer Bunnies Ride Space Beams "Ozzy bin Oswald" ozzybinoswaldby Strategic Paralysis Theory meets No Plane Theory 739 views
- 47:46 Heroinesby martinize70 1,530 views
- 2:22 Vancouver Police Apologize For Beating Innocent Manby bulldogger 3,659 views
- 8:54 CCTV Vigilante - Sydney Street Violenceby snoopinc 132,640 views
- 4:38 CCTV captures Merseyside cops beating stab victimby LiverpoolECHOTV 37,570 views
- 10:51 Main Street Takedownby Stubbsonic 123,319 views
- 1:03 Vancouver police accused of excessive force in Ali Eltah Ishag arrestby MegaphoneMag 16,394 views
- 3:03 Cop Pushes Woman Down Stairs For No Reason Then Charges Her With Assaultby Urban Politico 8,532 views
- 0:30 Sword guy - Vancouver police stand off and take down May 30 2011by hotrodvan 124,182 views
- Loading more suggestions...