Don't Feed Darius - Champion Spotlight Alternative
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 3, 2012
Check out http://www.learntheleague.com/ebook to learn about my complete League of Legends book!
I didn't enjoy Darius too much. He's incredibly easy to pick up kills with (and kill steal with), and he's very strong against many opponents in lane. Unfortunately he's also a very one dimensional champion with a low skill cap. He's also not too pleasant to have on your team, particularly if it starts costing your ranged carries a significant amount of gold.
Check out http://www.learntheleague.com to learn about my complete League of Legends book!
Quick note regarding Noxian Guillotine: At the time this movie is uploaded, Noxian Guillotine refreshes if the target dies within 0.5 seconds of it's use (meaning any damage from any source, not just Darius or this ability). This is being changed in a few days, so I decided to describe the ability based on the upcoming change rather than the current functionality.
Bump/Like/Follow to support the series:
I played Darius primarily in the jungle, though I also played several games top lane. I originally tried a variety of builds that had a lot of damage in them, but ultimately found I was most successful just building tanky to stay in fights longer.
Here's what I wound up running for most jungle games:
Runes: Red Attack Damage, Yellow Armor, Blue Magic Resist, Quints Attack Damage.
Masteries: 9/21/0 or 21/9/0, both worked fine with little difference (though a little tankiness early in the 21/9/0 build is a must).
Summoner spells: Smite and Ghost/Flash. I primarily used Ghost, but Flash is great for team initiation with your Apprehend (flash + pull). If not jungling, Ghost/Ignite would both be fine.
Skills: R, then Q. I'd usually get one point in E and max W next, but against really high armor teams (malphite, etc.) I'd max E before W for the armor pen.
Items: Wriggles then Merc Treads or Ninja Tabi, followed by an early Phage. I usually went Frozen Mallet just for assured slow. Beyond these items, I would hybrid between defensive items (Force of Nature, Frozen Heart depending on matchup) and offensive items (early Brutalizer, zeal/phantom if movement speed was a real problem; if I did really well, Bloodthirster). Maw of Malmortius is *very* easy to justify.
Aura/activate items are good bets if you're picking up a lot of kills. Randuin's and Aegis were both exceptional.
As an odd note, with Last Whisper, maxed E (25% armor pen) and the bonus from masteries, my Armor Penetration came out to just about 60%. That's pretty serious Armor Penetration, though I wouldn't say it's a route you should often take unless they are going crazy with armor stacking.
With Don't Feed Darius done, the next major video in this series should be Don't Feed Draven, who will be releasing in a few days. No guarantees, but I anticipate his video will be done fairly quickly after release.
Don't Feed is a video series that covers champions in greater detail than the Champion Spotlight. This series is descriptive, not prescriptive, meaning that I aim to provide you with solid information without telling you which items, runes, or masteries are best (as these frequently change). With this information, you can better play against these champions, and you may be interested in learning to play them. Even after more than a thousand games, I am still learning new things about these champions by making these videos, and I'm sure the vast majority of LoL players can learn a lot from these.
My goal is to provide these videos for all champions in League of Legends.
Standard YouTube License
Next in Don't Feed in League of Legends -- In-Depth Champion Guides
- 4:49 LoL Top 10 Most Annoying Ultimatesby Hepodix LeagueofLegendsFeatured 189,615
- 19:23 Don't Feed Jayce - Champion Spotlight Alternativeby Ciderhelm 467,491 views
- 6:34 Don't Feed Tryndamere -- In-Depth Champion Information (League of Legends)by Ciderhelm 218,740 views
- 12:59 Don't Feed Cassiopeia - Champion Spotlight Alternativeby Ciderhelm 175,887 views
- 14:48 League of Legends - Darius Build - with Commentaryby TheAngryHoneyBadger 77,282 views
- 35:06 Dyrus - THIS IS WHY YOU GO 13 HEALTH POTS ON MORDEKAISERby momo122660 1,003,839 views
- 9:36 super NiN10Doh!by tenaciousskeet 3,181,149 views
- 10:07 How High Can We Build?by Vsauce 5,289,652 views
- 12:03 League of Legends - Platinum Dariusby stonewall008 159,878 views
- 9:58 Don't Feed Draven - Champion Spotlight Alternativeby Ciderhelm 215,137 views
- 17:18 100 Ways To Die In League Of Legendsby Redmercy 897,799 views
- 8:57 Don't Feed Nautilus -- Champion Spotlight Alternativeby Ciderhelm 190,655 views
- 8:23 Don't Feed Ezreal - Champion Spotlight Alternativeby Ciderhelm 342,232 views
- 14:51 Don't Feed Gragas - Champion Spotlight Alternativeby Ciderhelm 383,684 views
- 45:38 Dyrus & Wickd - The Top Lane Legends Duo Game 2by momo122660 166,296 views
- 9:49 Don't Feed Diana - Champion Spotlight Alternativeby Ciderhelm 198,715 views
- 7:14 Don't Feed Jax -- In-Depth Champion Information (League of Legends)by Ciderhelm 242,739 views
- 0:51 Level 1 Vayne pentaby Sduffy101 1,115,380 views
- 4:00 Best LoL Login Screen Everby SRImpulse 815,182 views
- 0:42 Why Darius should be bannedby LoLeaks 174,119 views
- Loading more suggestions...