Top 10 Reasons to Use Technology in Education: iPad, Tablet, Computer, Listening Centers
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 31, 2011
Tweet this video! http://clicktotweet.com/DeuKj
Please like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AmplivoxPorta...
For the Article in Print, visit http://blog.ampli.com/2011/11/integra...
While there are some nay-sayers who bring up some negative effects of technology on education in the classrooms, mainly budgetary reasons, using new technologies is the future of the education system.
The following reasons should silence the nay-sayer and help them heed the wisdom from Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach,
"Teachers will not be replaced by technology, but teachers who don't use technology will be replaced by those who do.".
Teachers are finding that using different classroom technologies like tablet computers, digital video, iPods, and video games are great tools for helping students learn.
Kindle ereader nook
1. Students love it. Students love using new technologies in the classroom. Whether it be the "cool" factor or just a genuine interest in new technology, it allows teachers to vary activities of the day and engage students. There is no commandment for education that says,
"THOU SHALT NOT HAVE FUN"
Students spend hours using technology like computers and television when they get home from school--why not engage them through their favorite mediums?
2. It engages the Four Key Components to Learning. Click on the link to read how technology in education (specifically the iPod School Listening Center) engages the 4 key components to learning.
3. Professional Development. Using new technologies allow students to learn another skill set that will help them in the marketplace. How many jobs need basic computing skills let alone advanced computing skills? Any time a teacher can encourage students to learn through technology, they kill two birds with one stone.
The tech industry is only getting bigger--encourage your students to know and understand technology so they can be the tech leaders of the future!
With the power of the internet, knowing how to use a simple piece of technology can turn an aspiring singer into Justin Bieber (whose mom uploaded videos of him singing which led to his fame) and a hilarious prankster into YouTube Star EdBassmaster, who recently used an AmpliVox Sound Cruiser PA System in a video (that is approaching 1,000,000 views!). EdBassMaster "Look at This" Video with Sound Cruiser
4. Makes Life Easier for Teachers. Teachers have to juggle a variety of tasks outside of teaching including planning lessons, grading, meeting with parents, and some administrative work. Why not help yourself out and put objective tests online so that students can instantly see their grades instead of spending valuable time grading?
5. It Improves Test Scores. A benefit of engaging students through technology and media is allowing them to work at their own pace and not be held back by students who learn at a slower rate. This can allow gifted students to progress several grades ahead of their peers over the course of a year. Another proof of improved test scores comes from reaching different learning styles through the use of technology. The use of electronic drilling in education can help students learn quickly and provide incentives like games for them to keep progressing. Nobody does this better than Khan Academy.
6. Helps Students with Low Attention Spans. Students with ADD or ADHD can be aided through the use of technology by mixing up the learning process with different methods and through providing them engaging activities to keep their interest. Technology is a favorite among teachers who teach in ESL classrooms or special education settings.
Even the best teachers can have their moments or topics when they are like Ben Stein in Ferris Bueller's Day Off or Charlie Brown's Teacher in the eyes of their students. Using technology keeps students awake and their attention level high. How hard is it for you to fall asleep while on the internet compared to hearing a lecture?
7. Learn from the Experts. With the an increasing amount of free resources available on the internet, you can engage your students with content from the smartest and best teachers in the world
AmpliVox Sound Systems manufactures and sells portable sound systems along with lecterns and podiums with built-in sound systems that are perfect for classrooms. The Pinnacle Multimedia Lectern and iPod Portable PA System are great products for school settings that have a variety of uses both indoor and outdoors.
This video applies for kindergarten, pre kindergarten, elementary school (first, second, third, fourth, fifth grades), junior high or middle school, high school and at the college/university level. These tips are great for reading help, grammar, math, science, nursing, computers, classroom management
Special thanks to all those people who had videos under the "Creative Commons" License that allowed us to use short clips of their video.
- 3:42 The history of technology in educationby SMART Technologies EMEA (Education)Featured 96,120
- 16:44 Can Technology Change Education? Yes!: Raj Dhingra at TEDxBendby TEDxTalks 3,210 views
- 3:07 Effective Teacher: Professional Skills & Abilities Videoby Volkan Çağlayan 60,543 views
- 4:59 Did You Know 3.0 (Officially updated for 2012) HDby VideoShredHead 1,088,986 views
- 5:49 Microsoft Vision of the Classroom of the Futureby missmelissa73 17,487 views
- 4:01 Rethinking Learning: The 21st Century Learner | MacArthur Foundationby macfound 158,020 views
- 8:35 8 apps that have turned my iPad into a productivity arsenalby StudioNorthTV 35,404 views
- 7:55 Teaching with iPads Part 1 of 3by mrflickinger 41,849 views
- 7:22 Apple in Educationby entrepreneurer 9,581 views
- 13:43 How To Maintain Classroom Discipline - Good And Bad Methods Training Educational Videoby rosaryfilms 505,310 views
- 4:56 Education And The Future of Technologyby pkhz 107,574 views
- 9:52 Transform Your iPad Into a Computer with Unique Applicationsby AppleGenius0921 636,584 views
- 4:05 Top 10 Proven Classroom Management Tips for Teachersby amplivoxsound 60,969 views
- 2:25:19 La Educación Prohibida - Película Completa HDby edprohibida 7,144,713 views
- 4:19 Integrating Technology into classroomsby mgroga02 39,050 views
- 2:40 Engage Me!by agent4changenet 132,777 views
- 4:45 How Technology has Changed Classrooms Throughout Historyby tanishadee 25,629 views
- 11:06 iPad: Tips & Tricksby MacAdvisorUK 494,168 views
- 67 videos Play all Integrating Technology In The Classroomby Simplek12Team
- 11:41 RSA Animate - Changing Education Paradigmsby The RSA 10,111,450 views
- 5:54 Apple education learning with ipad usby Torda Turcsány 49,264 views
- Loading more suggestions...