Mardi Gras King Cupcakes - The Vegan Cupcake Project
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 10, 2013
About 2 years ago, I discovered King Cake, Beignets, and Po' Boys. I virtually ate the city of New Orleans. Then Mardi Gras came around and I tried my hand at Vegan King Cake. I turned out wonderful. Now that I am making cupcakes and Mardi Gras is here again, I will bake Vegan King Cupcakes for your viewing and tasting pleasure.
Vegan King Cupcake Recipe
1 packet dry active yeast
1/4 cup warm water
3 tablespoons raw sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup almond milk
Vegan King Cake Filling Recipe
1/4 cup vegan butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 chopped nuts
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
In a large bowl, whisk together dry active yeast, warm water, and 1 tablespoon of raw sugar.
Let it stand for 10 minutes. If froth forms over the top, you're good. If not, buy new yeast and start over.
In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of raw sugar, whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt, and nutmeg.
To the yeast mixture, whisk in canola oil almond milk.
Ad the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until a dough bowl forms.
Knead the dough ball on a lightly floured surface for 2 to 3 minutes.
Place the dough ball into a lightly oil bowl and cover with a clean linen.
Leave it in a warm place for an hour to 2 hours until it has doubled in size.
Make the filling in a small bowl by creaming together vegan butter, brown sugar, nuts, and cinnamon.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a cupcake tin with yellow, green, and purple. paper liners.
Place the dough ball onto a lightly flour surface. Roll in out into a 12 inch by 12 inch square.
Spread the filling evenly over the top. Start with the end nearest you, and roll it up like a cinnamon roll.
Use a knife to cut the roll into 12 equal pieces. Place one piece in each cavity.
Bake for 25 minutes until they have risen and turn golden brown.
Vegan Sugar Glaze Recipe
1 cup powdered sugar
1 - 3 tablespoons almond milk
Stir together powdered sugar and almond milk. Add in almond gradually until the creamy consistency you desire is met.
Place a dollop of glaze atop each Vegan King Cupcake. Decorate with purple, yellow, and green sprinkles if you pleasse.
About The Cupcake Project: I am a vegan with a sugar addiction. Everyday I try to make recipes that satisfy my sweet tooth with as little added sugar and as many whole grains as possible. Subscribe if you're into that type of thing.
About Me: My name is Tasha. I am a YouTube Next Chef, Master of Public Health, and INFJ.
Standard YouTube License
- 17:56 Spongebob Cupcake Cake! How to make a Spongebob Pullapart Cupcakes Cake by Cupcake Addictionby MyCupcakeAddiction Featured 766,017
- 4:07 Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe - The Vegan Cupcake Projectby Tasha Edwards12,157 views
- 2:54 Banana Cupcakes Recipe with Banana Buttercream - The Vegan Cupcake Projectby Tasha Edwards16,085 views
- 4:31 In-N-Out Animal Style Fries Homemade Vegan Recipe - The Sweetest Veganby Tasha Edwards22,703 views
- 3:34 Black Bean Avocado Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe - The Vegan Cupcake Projectby Tasha Edwards17,020 views
- 1:16:34 40 Year Vegan Dies of a Heart Attack! Why? The Omega-3 and B12 Myth with Dr. Michael Gregerby Michael Lanfield Raw Vegan Fruitarian136,884 views
- 12:32 VEGAN BLOODTESTS AFTER 11 YEARS VEGAN. HEALTHY OR SICK??? lol!by durianriders84,548 views
- 6:07 How To Get Protein on Vegan/Vegetarian Dietsby iHealthTube.com9,180 views
- 10:32 Raw Vegan Transformationby easyrawfood113,934 views
- 16:58 Vegane Rainbow-Cupcakes mit Buttercreme - zu Gast: Herr Zelinski - Veggie-Day Spezialby RuhrpottVlog4,132 views
- 4:03 Raw Vegan Diet Makes 70 Year Old Woman Look 40by BluntNewz214,630 views
- 24:46 Vegan Tagby Cherry van Holland881 views
- 6:59 Treating Hypothyroidism Naturallyby iHealthTube.com107,289 views
- 7:00 Vegan Red Velvet Cake Recipe : Vegan Dessertsby cookingguide2,779 views
- 15:05 WARNING: Why The Vegan Diet Failed Me!by The Dman13,670 views
- 20:57 French Macarons Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.comby Joy of Baking406,972 views
- 11:00 Vegan Recipe: Close-tess Cream-filled Cupcakesby TheOfficialHungry37,798 views
- 1:11:28 Matt Chandler - Are there two wills in God? Favorite Sermon #1 at ReedNelson.comby crownpointcabin1,154 views
- 3:24 McDonalds Quarter Pounder with Cheese Homemade Vegan-Vegetarianby Tasha Edwards19,694 views
- 5:01 Vegan King Cake Recipe - Vegan Mardi Gras New Orleans Recipesby Tasha Edwards4,217 views
- Loading more suggestions...